• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What version do you plan on getting?

Which version will you get?

• Scarlet

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Violet

Votes: 34 73.9%

• Total voters

Dorothy

My love is stronger than my fear of death
Reaction score
Obviously early days, but do you have a preference?

I lean towards Violet, both as a lesbian and as a (political) republican...

The player character color palette for Pokémon Violet seems to be nicer than Pokémon Scarlet, but I always go with the initial titles as a tradition. (Even Ponyta could not make me buy Shield.) I don't think I'd be changing it now. Most likely Scarlet for me.

Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 20.31.03.png

I mean based on the names/logos + player outfit I'd choose Scarlet.....

but obviously there aren't any factors about these games pushing me in any particular direction right now.

I tend to pick the latter title after BW/BW2 (Y, Moon, Shield) so I'm leaning towards Violet for now. One of my main factor is the box legendary, though, so I'll pick my version when they've already been revealed (of course if box legendary still exists).

Shot in the dark right now is Scarlet, but it really depends on version exclusives and legendaries. The player outfits don't matter much to me because I have no intention of keeping that outfit anyway.

It may come down to version exclusives. I bought Shield when I had bought the "left" version of every pair before (Red, Gold, Ruby, etc.) just because of Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash.

It may come down to version exclusives. I bought Shield when I had bought the "left" version of every pair before (Red, Gold, Ruby, etc.) just because of Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash.
Version exclusives are what usually make or break it for me. I got Shield for Galarian Corsola.

Oranges and Grapes are seen multiple times in the real life room in the promo, including two curious badge things on the wall (one with an orange symbol, the other a bunch of grapes).

Scarlet = Oranges (and/or blood oranges??

Violet = Grapes

To SOME kind of extent. My partner already claimed Violet so Scarlet it is for me! Lol good thing I love citrus.

I have no clear decision yet. Usually with the name reveals I have some idea of where I am going, even if I don't stick with it. When Sun and Moon were revealed I was leaning toward Moon because I prefer the night over the day, but switched to Sun at some point, likely when the time of day differences was revealed. When Sword and Shield were revealed, I picked Sword and stuck with it after seeing Zacian and Zamazenta. This is the first time though that I don't have one I'm leaning towards at the very beginning.

It is important to note that this time might be my first time not picking up both versions upon launch. Since Sun and Moon, I have bought both versions of each new generation upon launch and stuck with one as my main game. But I haven't even finished Shield yet. Idk I just haven't gotten around to it. And with other big games releasing this year (Splatoon 3 and BOTW2), I don't want to have another Pokemon game I spend full price for and don't finish.

Ultimately it will come down to the respective legendaries and version exclusives, but based off of what we know so far, I'm leaning towards Violet. It's the prettier colour out of the two, and I like the palette for the protagonists substantially more. I did end up choosing Shield over Sword despite massively preferring Zacian to Zamazenta solely because Shield was pink, so I wouldn't be surprised if I end up doing the same here with Violet, lol.

We have to see the version exclusives and legendaries, before we make that decision, I hope we get the region name and mascot legendaries

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom