• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What version do you plan on getting?

Which version will you get?

• Scarlet

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Violet

Votes: 34 73.9%

• Total voters
I'm still likely to get both, but I'm leaning towards Violet for my "main" save file. We still don't know everything about version differences but I like Miraidon's design a lot better than Koraidon, though I'm not too fond of Professor Turo's design and strongly prefer Sada's I'm willing to make that sacrifice for the preferable legendary I think.

Honestly, it's really tough. Both professors and Legends have their unique designs and are equally appealing. For now, if its true that Bagon is Violet exclusive and Larvitar for Scarlet, I just may go with Violet.

Already decided on Violet at the reveal, and my choice was reaffirmed today by how cool Miraidon is. High-tech, futuristic themed stuff >>> ancient past themed stuff... for me, anyway.

And while I don't particularly care which professor I meet, it definitely seems confirmed that the clothing colors are version-exclusive, and I'd much rather wear purple than red/orange.

It's gonna take a LOT to change my mind now...

I'm buying both anyways, and gifting one to my sister, so I can wait to decide based on version exclusives, whether they're pokèmon or characters.

So far, I'd go with Scarlet. I like history and archeology a lot, and the past-like theme in that version, alongside Koraidon and Professor Sada are more appealing, although I really like both legendaries.

I will be curious to see how well the whole "Ancient" motif in Scarlet is implemented as so far the Region just looks like a normal slice of the PokéWorld set in modern Spain, with Professor Sada's "cavewoman in a lab coat" gimmick looking hilariously out of place and similarly the tyre in Koraidon's chest doesn't sit right with me since he's supposed to be the old world one.

Time will tell I guess...

i like the box art for Violet the best, so i might get that one so i can use the box as a decoration, but there will probably be other factors we don't yet know about that will sway me one way or the other.

While I think I like the Violet Legendary a bit more, I think I'm going to go with Scarlet since I'm imagining their possible bike form more and I like Professor Sada a lot.

After watching the new trailer, this decision became tougher. I like both professors, but the grape emblem is more appealing to me... And Violet's legendary mascot is way more pleasant to the eyes in my opinion. However, the futurism theme isn't really my favorite... Aah, if only I could have both! :'D

After watching the new trailer, this decision became tougher. I like both professors, but the grape emblem is more appealing to me... And Violet's legendary mascot is way more pleasant to the eyes in my opinion. However, the futurism theme isn't really my favorite... Aah, if only I could have both! :'D
Have to agree here. The Grape emblem has a far more interesting design than the Orange emblem. On the other hand, looking at the Orange emblem, it looks like a primitive design of a wheel, haha.

That said, it will depend on the full dex and what mons are exclusive to which version. That will ultimately decide my version in the end.

I'm leaning more towards Violet at the moment. I like both of the mascot legendaries about equally (maybe Koraidon very slightly more, but it's not enough to make me want to pick Scarlet), so they're not really a deciding factor. I prefer the professor and the futuristic theme of Violet though. The ancient theme for Scarlet isn't as appealing.

I guess we'll see how big a difference the "Past vs Future" theming makes to each of these games.

As per my tradition I’m probably still gonna get Scarlet in the end but Violet’s surprisingly tempting. Miraidon is the better looking of the legendaries imo and I love me some futuristic motifs. If the version differences are so drastic that there’s no hint of that in Scarlet I may just have to go the other way, but I kinda doubt that’ll be the case.

I was already leaning toward Violet, as purple's my favorite color, but I could have been swayed in the other direction if I liked the Scarlet box legendary significantly more. But of the two box legendaries, I prefer Miraidon a little more, so I'm definitely getting Violet.

I might get both versions. I like the theme of ancient/future and I’m hoping we get some nice version exclusive Pokémon/areas.

I’ll start with Violet first since it’s my favorite legendary of the two and I’ll play the other version later when I miss the game.

If the past vs future theory is true, probably Violet, considering we just had an "ancient" Pokemon game with Legends and all.

But I'm still going to wait for some more differences to come to light before I say for sure.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom