• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What version do you plan on getting?

Which version will you get?

• Scarlet

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Violet

Votes: 34 73.9%

• Total voters
Violet :
Embracing the Chad Meme with the Professor
Miraidon's rider forms look sleek.

If any of the returning newer guys I like are in the opposite version then I'll just trade.

I will be getting Scarlet. I like Koraidon more than Miraidon. I also tend to lean towards the red spectrum of colors for my Pokemon games. However I do hope I can get a Bagon on it, either by transferring from Shining Pearl or trading.

I'm decided on Scarlet now despite having leaned towards Miraidon earlier.

The first reason is because I drew both of the Legendaries, and came to have far more of an appreciation for Koraidon's design whilst doing so. Whilst I still think Miraidon looks cool with its high-tech sleek design, I'm usually not as much into machines as I am natural-looking creatures. [I still think though that Koraidon's design is a bit too complex.]

The second reason was because I saw them as ride Pokemon and much preferred the way the trainer looks on Koraidon in spite of it looking sillier due to the giant unused wheels in its design. I think Koraidon looks cuter on all fours and friendlier. Also, I really really love the way it flies. Its feathers turning into wings is something I didn't think would happen, but I am a sucker for head wings and feathery wings in general. Miraidon's flight looks a bit too stiff for my liking.

As for version exclusives, trading is so easy nowadays with online that it really doesn't matter if something I prefer is in the other. I'm going to be looking at my trainer riding around on my chosen Legendary for basically the entire game, so I feel my preference in that is far more important.

Not pre-ordering just yet though - I'll wait a month to see if any additional pre-order bonuses crop up because the ones available in NA at this time are kind of boring. [Really hoping for a plushie pre-order bonus of the legendaries or starters.]

Right now I'm leaning towards Violet since I prefer blue over red and I like how Miraidon's futuristic design translates to a motorcycle. With that said, Koraidon has a cool design too and I'm waiting to see if there are any version exclusives that I want to use.

I'm going to be playing Violet, because of Professor Gigachad(of course, Sada is a lovely lady), and I do dig the design for Miraidon! I do play both versions of the game, so I'll also play Scarlet to test stuff out, and complete the dex too.

When they market the games, I always get the one that "comes first." Red, gold, ruby, diamond, and so on. I'm not sure why, but now that I think about it, I never thought about the exclusive Pokémon or the distinctions between the games when purchasing them. It's always the first game listed in each pair.

I tend to buy both versions so that in 15 years when the game is suddenly the best pokemon and everyone wants it all of a sudden I have an extra to sell for 400.

Just wait, in like 5 years x and y will suddenly be "peak" pokemon and everyone will want a remake and the original will see for outrageous amounts.

X & Y are already peak games :enzap:

But on topic: I'm still siding with Violet. Miraidon is just too cool looking for me to pass it up.

I'm getting Scarlet. I chose it initially anyway since the logo looked more "old" or "classic" compared to Violet's more techno, futuristic look. I like history, nature, and prehistoric stuff, so I made the right choice.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom