• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What version do you plan on getting?

Which version will you get?

• Scarlet

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Violet

Votes: 34 73.9%

• Total voters
Based on the player character default outfits, I like the general theme and aesthetic of Violet a lot better. Also blues/purples rank as my favorite colors, the title legendary is the single biggest thing that could sway my decision, if I don't like the Violet title legendary then it's game over for me getting Violet, of course if I don't particularly like either, it won't be a deal breaker. If there's a version exclusive I REALLY like, that alone is enough to sway my decision. This was the case for me picking Sun for Alolan Ninetales when I otherwise honestly would've probably chosen Moon.

Depending on how the games turn out, I might end up getting both, as I usually do (with Sword being one of the very few times I haven't gotten both versions.) However, if I only get one of them, it'll be Scarlet.

Conflicted for once, Koraidon feels like the better choice to me but I'm almost positive Violet will have the version exclusives I like more.

Still very much unsure. I can go either way on the Legendaries, though I am disliking Turo's design so hopefully we won't see the Professor large amounts.

I'll have to see more to decide.

So far, the only new thing I've seen is the design of the legendaries on the game's covers. And honestly, I didn't really like any of them. I don't know, they look like fakemons, rom hack Pokémons, and not official's one. But, well, initially most of the new Pokémons can look like fakes.

I'm very unsure right now. Previously, I would've said Scarlet. My brother and I always each get a version and I almost always go with the warmer color. I also like the orange outfits better than the purple.

However, with the differences we've seen in the trailer today, I very much like the tech/future theme more than the past/barbaric one.

I guess it'll really come down to version exclusives.

Both legendary are pretty meh for me, but I like Scarlet's professor a little more.... Still might go with Violet though, since I don't really hate Violet's professor.

I was hoping if we saw the legends in this trailer I would have a little bit more of an idea of what I want to do, but I'm still so unsure. In the past I have preferred the more traditional/past theme (probably because I really like history-stuff, and have always been interested in the history of the Pokemon world), but lately, I've been into the whole spacey future/innovation theme. Legendaries usually don't decide it for me, but I can't decide which I like more anyway. 2 hours ago it was Koraidon but the more I look at Miraodon the more I like it. That color scheme is awesome.

And then the Professors have to go and make the decision even harder. Having a different Professor for each version is genius but when you make them both look that hot amazing how am I supposed to choose? My pan heart can't take this.

So, I'll give it a bit longer (especially considering I have no idea where I'll be living come November as I'm trying to move) before I pre-order. Maybe there will be some Pokemon reveal that is exclusive to one version and that will help me decide. Honestly though, I am leaning towards buying both versions now since BOTW2 is delayed till next year, so I guess if I do that I won't have to decide till release day.

Torn atm. I love Violet's legendary but as a lesbian I also like sexy cavewomen and the Violet professor looks like he's a Vox voter who wants to sell me an NFT.

Well, for a long time there are rumors that the contrast between Past/Tradition x Future/Innovation would be a relevant factor in these games. But honestly, I didn't really like how this is apparently being incorporated into the game.

The first point to be raised, as I already mentioned in another post, are the symbology of the game's fruits. As is known, the cultivation of grapes is more than millenary in Europe as a whole, but that of Orange is not, being something more related to the historical period called the Modern Age. It surprised me, therefore, that Violet has a futuristic edge while Scarlet conveys an attachment to the past, rather than the other way around.

Then, honestly, I don't know the Iberian Peninsula would be the most appropriate place to address such contradictions in today's life. It may be my ignorance, but Spain doesn't seem like the most advanced/futuristic place. On the contrary, it is a tourist site recognized for the magnitude of its past, its variety and historical-cultural richness. Therefore, this cultural-temporal clash seems to me more natural and logical when represented in other places like, perhaps, the UK and Germany and especially Japan or Korea.

It doesn't help either that, apparently, the games aime polarize the extremes. The clothes of both Professors seemed ridiculous to me and the Scarlet's legendary, a very futuristic robot, didn't please me at all. The modern Pokemon centers that look more like pit-stops seem to be practical and effective, but they don't match the general ambiance of the game and the region. And, as far as I know, in Europe, in general, there are laws that seek to preserve historical features and their elements in certain areas, so the contrast aimed at by the game is usually avoided in favor of tourism in much of that continent.

Well, I may have been talking a lot of nonsense and I can be completely wrong, but my impression of the context and theme of the game, for now, is this. Otherwise, in terms of Gameplay, Pokemons and customizations I liked what I saw, but that's a subject for a next topic.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom