• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What version do you plan on getting?

Which version will you get?

• Scarlet

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Violet

Votes: 34 73.9%

• Total voters
I mean, based on the professors and the legendaries, it seems pretty obviously true at this point

Leaning towards Violet because I love the futuristic theme, but my husband wants Scarlet due to preferring Koraidon and its professor. We only want to buy one version because you can make multiple save files in Pokemon at this point, and we only have one Switch anyway. We'll probably decide based on version exclusives.

Okay at this point unless Scarlet has like 500 exclusive cat and fox pokemon, I'm going with Violet. Love the legendary. Professor looks neato. Like if all exclusives are my favorites in Scarlet that's the only way I'd switch at this point.

That and I always. ALWAYS gravitate to the 'cold' color coded version. It just happens. Even way back in Blue version. Only exception was black and white 2 because I don't know which I'd consider cold coded because I can see black and white leaning either direction for different reasons. I'm weird.

Honestly? I like Koraidon more. It has cool feathers, eyes that have a fiery look and it sort of reminds me of a peacock.

I think the theory of the opposing professor being the villain is interesting. Turo is easier to imagine as a bad guy (disrespecting culture and history but values innovation) but Sada seems more like an interesting villain. Maybe she could even be a tragic villain.

With the mascot and theme reveals, I'm starting to lean in Violet's direction... but I don't think I really will make my final decision before the games launch.

I think the theory of the opposing professor being the villain is interesting. Turo is easier to imagine as a bad guy (disrespecting culture and history but values innovation) but Sada seems more like an interesting villain. Maybe she could even be a tragic villain.
Speaking as someone who has seen that concept done pretty badly in a few Pokémon fangames (particularly Brick Bronze), I'd rather not see that in an actual real game. Especially if it's as another poorly done "surprise villain" like Lusamine and Rose.

I'm going to get both, but my first playthrough will be Violet. I like purple better than red (and I've always made my choice off of the name of the game; I like the color of silver better than gold, so I played through Silver first) Also, I like Miraidon a bit better than Koraidon (both are very cool lizards but The Vibe™ is different).

Now that more information about each version was revealed, as well as thinking about it a bit, I think I’m gonna gravitatate towards Scarlet for now.

Yes, normally I prefer futuristic games, and I know Legends was a recent game that took place in the past and I know the other version has the better looking professor and I know I tend to be more likely topick the blue versions…

But for some reason, I just think it’s a btter idea for me to just pick the Scarlet version.

I was originally thinking of getting Pokémon Scarlet, but after seeing the new trailer that dropped, Miraidon looks cooler as a ride Pokémon than Koraidon, so I'm still questioning which version to get, but I now may be leaning more towards Violet.

Violet for me:

1. The school logo looks far better
2. The exclusives so far appeal to me.
3. Miraidon's HM rider forms are far better looking.
4, Purple clothing for your character looks better.

The only downside is the professor being a rip off on Mr Fantastic.

Violet it is.

I think I have finally settled on which version I'll be getting upon release (unless I do end up deciding to get both at the start). Miraidon certainly looks cool, and Profesosr Turo is freaking awesome, but it just has to be Scarlet for me. Koraidon looks great in-game, in both, it's normal and HM ride form. I've always preferred the more organic-looking Pokemon to the lech/object ones, and while Miraidon seems to be a good mix of both, I think it's Koraidon for me. Not to mention his cry! Absolutely adorable. He's just a big lizard.

So unless there is a version exclusive in Violet that I NEED for my team, I am going to be picking up Scarlet.

I always get both but I'm picking up Violet first. The color of the uniform, the professor and the legendary seem more appealing to me than Scarlet's

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom