• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

What Video Game Would You Like To See Get a Remake?

No one in particular.
Reaction score
I also would love to see a Xenosaga remake, where the series would be completed in its full, intended glory rather than being cut tragically short. The gameplay of all three games would be made consistent with each other, rather than the jarring change that happens in each installment. [Particularly Xenosaga II... urgh.] I'd like to see the gameplay in general be more fleshed out, with larger, more explorable areas, as the game focused more heavily on story and cutscenes. It could still keep that focus [because that's the entire reason I adore this series], but I'd love a better balance between the two. What I mean is that I want the gameplay to be just as phenomenal as the story was.

It wouldn't have to be revolutionary. I wouldn't want to, say, change the turn-based system to action because of this perception that turn-based is outdated. [After all, I don't want them to lose the spirit of the game's genre like the FF7 remake did.] And I certainly wouldn't want yet another open world game with big, boring empty spaces. Just an enhancement of the concept, something that would make this incomplete series feel more along the lines of a PS1 Final Fantasy - expansive and complete, but not overwhelmingly huge.

And Xenogears! Oh my God, Xenogears also deserves so much better. I love this game arguably more than Xenosaga. I'd just want them to restore the plans they had for disc 2 and actually finish it, because it was even more rushed and cut down. Their initial concept of five episodes would be far too ambitious to do, in my opinion, but I think I'd like to see a Xenogears remake split into two games, because they have a lot of cut content that I don't think would even fit in one game should they try to restore it.

Of course, I don't trust the modern gaming landscape to do them justice. It's also ridiculously unlikely because of all the legalities of Namco owning Xenosaga and Square Enix owning Xenogears. [And neither company seems too interested in these ancient games, sadly.] So I'd be willing to just settle with an HD re-release for both series. Xenogears and Xenosaga being released on the Switch would be amazing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
dimension pearl,timeless diamond and void platinum

Praise Euterpe
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She / Her
Harvest Moon- A Wonderful Life/ Another Wonderful Life or Magical Melody. Those were a few of my first games in the series (besides FoMT) and my other favourites. I want to visit Forget-Me-Not Valley again.
A Wonderful Life and Another Wonderful Life are the only Harvest Moon games I've ever played, and I really liked them. Sadly, I never got to purchase either of them. I would love to see a rerelease at least.

Looking for a way to be whole again.
Reaction score
Now that Pokemon Diamond and Pearl got remakes, I want to see at least a combined remake of Pokemon Black and White. It could be just Pokemon Gray, it could be a combination of Black and Black 2/White and White 2, whatever it is, I just want the remake to have both Reshiram and Zekrom available for the player to catch without trading. That would give Pokemon the freedom to finally make a complete Kyurem form that the player can restore.

Reaction score
My brother and I were going through his game collection a couple days ago, and we came across Bloody Roar 1 and 2. I remember the both of us and our dad would play it every once in a while and it was quite fun; and after replaying the first one again I'd say I'd definitely like to see a remake of the first Bloody Roar (or at least a revival of the series). Plus it would be nice to play a newer game from the series instead of going back to Smash, SF, DoA, Tekken, BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, Under Night In-Birth, etc. every time.

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/him
Bloody Roar is something I would like to see again, but considering Konami owns the franchise now, I don't know how probable is that.

The night is filled with wonder...
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Golden Sun. It was such an adventure to play, the characters were endearing and the story was invigorating. It can even be incorporated into one big game instead of two games. Just imagine the open world aspect.

Moltres's Eternal Flame
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/they
Paper Mario, the original Nintendo 64 title. Yes, it can still be played on Wii U Virtual Console, but I would really love to see it remade on Nintendo Switch - giving it the nice updated art style of newer Paper Mario games like Color Splash and Origami King, while keeping its original battle system with some quality of life improvements to modernize it.

(I haven't played The Thousand-Year Door, but visually I feel it's aged really well and still looks great to this day, so in my opinion a remake would be a little less necessary in its case.)

Immortal Old Man
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She/They
I was talking about this with my brother the other day. Since Tales of Vesperia got a release on the Switch, we wouldn't mind seeing Tales of Symphonia get a full HD remake. It's one of my brother's all-time favorites and even if they have to recast the English voices, they could also fix up things like keeping audio in the skits. Plus, come 2023, it will have been 20 years since that game came out.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He / Him
The Warriors back from 2005, a beat em up based on the movie of the same name. I'm unsure if its in many of the people's age range on this forum, but I loved this game a lot and would love to see an up to date remake / remaster. I am surely biased because of the film being one of my (if not my complete) favourites.

Ocarina of Time: I know, I know, we've had a few editions of this game. But my love for BOTW just makes me wonder what this game would be like in such an enviroment, even Gohma, the first boss in an engine like BOTW would be insane to think about and try out, considering growing up with the game as a child my guess is I would have assumed the graphics were insane, and ahead of their time (As they were), but as i've grown older and become more cynical of games, a graphical upheavel would be good, but at the same time I adore the graphics, and mostly would be thinking about the possibilities of the expanded engine, over the graphics.

Reaction score
I've never played Fire Emblem, but Smash's Fire Emblem content has sparked some interest. Before anybody tells me I can play Three Houses, I wish to play as older characters first.

Reaction score
Personas 1 & 2.

I know we had updated ports brought to the PSP but that wasn't enough for me. I needs a proper HD remake with graphics and full voice acting and whatnot. Just leave the gameplay as it was, I don't need those garbage Social-Links included.

It does feel less likely now that P5 came out and recycled P2's plot super hard, but I can still dream!

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/him
I know we had updated ports brought to the PSP but that wasn't enough for me. I needs a proper HD remake with graphics and full voice acting and whatnot. Just leave the gameplay as it was, I don't need those garbage Social-Links included.
Well, the PSP games were more like retranslations, or more exactly a retranslation and a half (why did they leave Eternal Punishment out?), so all you mentioned would be a boon.

Reaction score
I've never played Fire Emblem, but Smash's Fire Emblem content has sparked some interest. Before anybody tells me I can play Three Houses, I wish to play as older characters first.
The first three FE games Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light, Gaiden, and Mystery of the Emblem have remakes. Shadow Dragon (DS), Shadows of Valentia (3DS), and New Mystery of the Emblem (DS, Japan only though you can just import); so if you want to play some of the older games (and not the originals as they are) those are your best choices. Apparently IS (edit: double checked it was Echoes director that wants to remake it, but still) has interest in remaking Binding Blade (Roy's game), so if that ends up true then there's another possible game for you to try out.

Last edited:
The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
The first three FE games Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light, Gaiden, and Mystery of the Emblem have remakes. Shadow Dragon (DS), Shadows of Valentia (3DS), and New Mystery of the Emblem (DS, Japan only though you can just import); so if you want to play some of the older games (and not the originals as they are) those are your best choices. Apparently IS (edit: double checked it was Echoes director that wants to remake it, but still) has interest in remaking Binding Blade (Roy's game), so if that ends up true then there's another possible game for you to try out.
I know there's quite a few people that want Genealogy to get a remake, since that game never got localized at all in any form.

Reaction score
I know there's quite a few people that want Genealogy to get a remake, since that game never got localized at all in any form.
Oh yes I know, that was actually my first post itt. I personally want a Genealogy and Thracia 776 remakes first before Binding Blade since those two are my top favorite FE games map, character, and lore wise (alongside PoR and RD), and with 4 generally being the JP fanbase's favorite FE game I can see it hopefully getting the remake treatment next. Though Roy as a Lord is also popular over there compared to most western fans, so it can go either way really.

Tongue-in-cheek is lacking teeth
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
The masterpiece that is Cory in the House on the Nintendo DS. It needs a Switch port, at the very minimum.

Reaction score
Star Wars: Republic Commando. I know this probably sounds really stupid: but I mainly try to avoid games with bad graphics. And Republic Commando is awesome and I think they DICE could make a good remake of it.

EDIT: Already exists OOPS.

EDIT 2: Only on PS4 and it's extremely underwhelming. So I still want an actual remake or SWRC.

Last edited: