• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Video Game Would You Like To See Get a Remake?

Reaction score
Seeing that there's been a lot of remakes of popular games that have been coming out (Final Fantasy 7, Seiken Densetsu 3, Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town, and so on), I'm wondering if there's any games that people would like to see get a remake, or remade in some fashion. Whether it's to update the graphics, clean up some flaws from the original stories, polish the gameplay, or something of that nature, are there any games you'd like to have a remake? Discuss here!

There is one game that I would LOVE to see have a remake: Final Fantasy: The Four Heroes of Light, the game that created the Bravely Default franchise. Mostly for one thing: NO AUTO-TARGETING!!! Seriously, I don't know who thought it was a good idea to make the game auto-target enemies, but it was just an awful idea all around. It makes battles so much more needlessly complicated, and if you're not careful, or a veteran in playing video games, this can really screw you over. I like games that let me do what I want rather than force me to make a decision I may or may not be comfortable with. If this game ever gets a remake in some way, I really hope they get rid of auto-targeting. Please.

On the subject of Harvest Moon, since Friends of Mineral Town is getting a remake, I'd love to see A Wonderful Life be remade as well, with better graphics and more additions to the story. I tried playing the original, and while I did like it, I had a hard time with some elements, such as there being only eight days in a whole season, the goat, the lack of character events, the crops never indicating which ones are good for which season, and so on.

Definitely Pokemon Black and White combined with Black 2 and White 2 content. But, with no burst mechanic nonsense, Mega Evolution was too biased for popular Pokemon in the first place, and while Dynamax is great and all, Gigantamax wasn't that great, to be honest. So the mechanic I would like for the Gen 5 remakes is straight-up Kyurem/Necrozma-styled Pokemon fusion. No need for flashy in-battle transformations, just go back to the Gen 4-5 ways of form changes. Going back to the subject of Kyurem, can we finally fuse Black Kyurem with Reshiram? Don't forget that we should also be able to fuse White Kyurem with Zekrom. Basically, a complete Kyurem would be the perfect way to add a new legendary Pokemon form for the Gen 5 remakes, and what better way to do it than to utilize the God Stone that was left in the coding of the games? Making it act as a second DNA Splicers would be perfect because there won't be a need to retcon a lot as opposed to the DNA Splicers itself suddenly having the capability of fusing all three dragons into one.

The fusion item would be universal to all fusions introduced in the remakes except for Kyurem's fusions because the DNA Splicers and the God Stone play its role for Kyurem. I'm going to call the item the Unision stone and only specific Pokemon are able to fuse and not the entire Pokedex because this is a far more realistic approach when it comes to Pokemon fusion finally making it into the games.

I wish OOT and MM could have gotten actual remakes with remade music and everything. OOT3D and MM3D just didn't do it. They both felt like I was playing the same exact game as the originals with updated textures. I mean, literally the exact same game. The music, the sound effects, the physics, the way Link swung his sword, etc. it was all 100% the same as the originals, which was really disappointing.

Oracle of Seasons and Ages were my first Zelda games, so it'd be neat to see them remade... But I'd want something more ambitious than Link's Awakening HD (but at least the OST was remade).

Suffice to say, Nintendo doesn't seem too motivated to do much with their Zelda remakes, so I don't hope for these remakes too much.

I really want to see the Golden Sun series either get a remake or a new title.

Beyond the standard mainline Pokemon titles getting remakes (in the style of FR/LG, HG/SS and OR/AS and NOT Lets Go), nothing else is coming to mind. But any old game given the Final Fantasy VII Remake treatment will be super exciting in my mind.

On the subject of Harvest Moon, since Friends of Mineral Town is getting a remake, I'd love to see A Wonderful Life be remade as well, with better graphics and more additions to the story. I tried playing the original, and while I did like it, I had a hard time with some elements, such as there being only eight days in a whole season, the goat, the lack of character events, the crops never indicating which ones are good for which season, and so on.

I loved A Wonderful Life/Another Wonderful Life.

They are the only Harvest Moon games I have ever played. None of the others look anything like them, so I've never bothered with any of the other titles.

SaGa Frontier. Just like with Mother 3, most of the game ended up in the cutting room floor, but unlike Mother, they published a Japanese-only book containing most of what was cut, including Fuse's story (and explanation of the Suzaku sidequest), Blue/Rouge's ending, cut sidequests for Aselus, etc.

It woud be nice to play the game as it was envisioned.

Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776, preferably both games in one since they're connected but if they're remade separate that's fine too (and most likely expected anyway). I'm hoping they're remade first before Binding Blade since that's what most fans want to see plus Echoes director says they'd want 6 to be remade next, but I'd say 4 and 5 need it more (and if the black sheep Gaiden can get a remake, then Thracia should also get one due to being underrated and not as well liked). GotHW should get support convos over love points so it won't be restricting plus there'd be some development between the characters, a gimmick to give us something to see events between gens 1 and 2 (like in Echoes), keep the maps big they help with worldbuilding since they are countries, have Seliph and Leif acknowledge each other as cousins plus develop Sigurd's and Deirdre's romance, give us an extra chapter or a scene when Ethlyn, Quan, and Finn leave the party so we can see even more Thracia worldbuilding in 4 (also the chapter can show us foreshadowing of the hostility Thracia and Leonster have with each other), bonus points if Ares gets a similar chapter or scene seeing how he gained control of unstable Agustria with Nanna and Diarmuid, and keep substitute characters still. And for Thracia not much since it's generally fine though I'd add support convos again since some characters do need them, actually explain the mechanics and if they have to update them, again maybe another memory gimmick as well.

Other games I'd love to see remakes of are Final Fantasy VIII, TearRing Saga duology (PlayStation FE needs love too), Golden Sun series, Zwei: The Arges Adventure, and of course the obligatory Pokemon gen 4 and on remakes.

As I've said in a different thread, I would love to have remakes of the two classic Fallout titles. I've tried to get into the first game several times, but the archaic UI and graphics engine that have made it somewhat tough for me to figure out what I'm looking at have always deterred me from wanting to finish it. Beneath those rough edges, I could see a brilliantly-designed cRPG, with well-crafted locations and quests solvable in multiple ways, but said issues have prevented me from being able to appreciate the brilliance. I wouldn't necessarily want these games to play like the modern FO titles - Bethesda's idea of TES-with-guns style of gameplay - I would simply like for them to be remade on a modern engine, such as the Unity engine, with QoL conveniences to make them more enjoyable.

Remakes of classic Fire Emblem titles that have never been released outside of Japan would be welcome.

A remake of Tales of Phantasia done well would be the definitive alternative to the subpar GBA version that we could use.

Other video game remakes I'd like to see remade would include Diablo I & II, TES III: Morrowind, and Pokémon Diamond & Pearl.

Last edited:
I have a fairly long list below:
  • Super Mario 64: Given the legendary reputation of this game, I'm surprised that Nintendo hasn't tried to milk it for all it's worth with a remake over the past 24 years (or 16 years, if you count the DS version). Rumors say that they'll be doing just that very soon, and if that's true, then I look forward to seeing how well it holds up after all of this time.
  • Rayman 2: The Great Escape: A fan-favorite from the early days of 3D platformers that's been ported to nearly every system of its era with various extra features on each, but never remade. My dream would be a complete experience that combines elements from every port, with maybe even the ability to switch between the synthesized N64 OST (an acquired taste, but my personal favorite) and the original one.
  • Atelier Marie: Yet another popular game that's been ported like crazy but never remade, with the extra sting of it never have been officially released in the West in any way, shape, or form. With the game's 25th anniversary being two years away, maybe then would be an opportune time to fix that with an internationally-released remake with high-resolution 2D graphics or even 3D graphics... along with remakes of its sequels Atelier Elie and Atelier Lilie in a Salburg trilogy set, perhaps? Unlikely to ever happen, of course, but then this isn't a thread for small dreams, is it?
  • Countless legendary and forgotten SEGA games: SEGA has arguably the single most tragically overlooked and underutilized collection of IPs in video game history, including several legendary games from said IPs. Panzer Dragoon Saga would probably be the holy grail from there, but I'd actually be slightly worried about a remake given that the first game's remake apparently ended up being just OK as opposed to the automatic home run that one would've expected it to be. It makes me wonder if SEGA doesn't have a Saturn emulator hidden away somewhere, and if a simple re-release using said emulator wouldn't suffice in the face of sky-high expectations for a true remake (although, if done right, said remake really could be incredible).
  • Other legendary and forgotten SEGA games:
    • NiGHTS Into Dreams, if only to see its artwork in HD with modern graphics (although I'm not sure how the game's relatively short arcade-like experience would go over in today's era of gaming, given that some people complained about that with the Panzer Dragoon remake).
    • Skies of Arcadia, which I actually think could sell pretty well even now given a fresh coat of graphical paint, some gameplay refinements, and strong enough marketing (along with that ever-powerful Dreamcast nostalgia from those who played it 20 years ago, of course).
    • While it's arguably more of a Game Arts title than a SEGA one, the hopeless dreamer in me would love to see Alisia Dragoon get another chance with a full modern-quality remake. I'd love to see a remake keep the original game's late-80s/early-90s anime art style as a throwback of sorts, with a more story-driven focus that expands on the game's slightly-more-involved-than-usual backstory (perhaps even drawing some inspiration from the promotional prologue comic?)
    • Alien Soldier, the infamously unfinished Treasure game that turned out pretty good anyway: the ultimate run-and-gun boss rush experience paired with one of the most epic yet incomprehensible excuse plots of its era. But what if it was finished? Apparently the creators wanted to have dozens upon dozens of bosses instead of the twenty-something bosses that made it to the final game, while the Japanese manual and supplemental materials reveal signficantly expanded plot and character details that make the backstory slightly less incomprehensible than it is in the final game while remaining just as gloriously insane, if not more so. Maybe someone with just as much ambition as the original creators — a dedicated enough fan, perhaps? — could fulfill the game's original promise one day.
  • POD (Planet of Death): A late-90s racing game for the PC that spends four epic minutes on FMV-driven backstory before inviting you to literally race for your life on one of its dozens of surreal, post-apocalyptic tracks while a haunting, foreboding soundtrack sets the mood. This game is something special for its atmosphere alone but seems to have been forgotten by most people, unfortunately. Sometimes I dream about it being remade with the power of modern-day computing power behind it, rendering its bizarre, doomed world at 60+ frames per second at some insanely high resolution, realizing the vision of the original artists at a level beyond anything they could have ever imagined back in the 90s. Unlike some of the other games I mentioned, however, I wouldn't expand on the story too much. Like the arcade and console games of old, sometimes less is more when it comes to creating a fascinating world... especially so with a racing game.
  • Pokémon Colosseum and XD: As of today, the only way to play these games is to either find a copy and a GameCube or Wii to run it on, or... ahem... find a copy and run it on a certain piece of software named after a certain maritime mammal (ahem). They may not have been the greatest things since sliced bread like some probably hoped they would be, but they do have their merits, and they definitely have their fans. I'd imagine that a full remake of either game — or both games, ideally as a single release — with modern graphics, an expanded Pokédex (ha!), updated mechanics to match the latest generations, and some extra content could do very well for both fans and the powers that be if done right (and marketed right).

Last edited:
Atelier Marie: Yet another popular game that's been ported like crazy but never remade, with the extra sting of it never have been officially released in the West in any way, shape, or form. With the game's 25th anniversary being two years away, maybe then would be an opportune time to fix that with an internationally-released remake with high-resolution 2D graphics or even 3D graphics... along with remakes of its sequels Atelier Elie and Atelier Lilie in a Salburg trilogy set, perhaps? Unlikely to ever happen, of course, but then this isn't a thread for small dreams, is it?
Well, Marie had a cameo in one of the Ar Tonelico games, so you could say it had some exposure here (even if people thought that part was a weird fever dream) and there's also the whole virus incident. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the PS2 version of Atelier Marie + Elie a remake? I think I remember it had new features, but I can't recall correctly.

I anxiously waited a Crash: Team Race remake and a Mount and Blade remake/continuation. And, today, i realise that both are reality. LOl
Bannerlord needs improvement, though.

Yet, a Victoria 3 would be nice.

Last edited:
Well, Marie had a cameo in one of the Ar Tonelico games, so you could say it had some exposure here (even if people thought that part was a weird fever dream) and there's also the whole virus incident. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the PS2 version of Atelier Marie + Elie a remake? I think I remember it had new features, but I can't recall correctly.

They were remakes, yes. But they never got brought over to the US, along with Lilie, Viorate, or Judie, because apparently Koei-Tecmo doesn't like making money.

ace combat 3, the japanese version had story branching, the controls used by the PS2 era, FMVs, anime cutscenes, morality meters, and a plot not unlike those found in metal gear, but ended up getting a shafted western release and eventually only got a fanslation that does subtitles and menus but not anything lore wise.

Persona 1 and Persona 2 (IS and EP). Especially since the gameplay feels very dated compared to modern Persona games, not to mention Eternal Punishment's PSP remake was only released in Japan. Remaking P2 in particular means both halves of the duology will be easily accessible on a contemporary console. Just please don't add a calendar, they bloat modern Persona too much imo -_-
On a similar vein, SMT III Nocturne to modernise the mechanics (pre-existing encounters and the ability to choose skills, for example) and bring it to a wider audience.

Though I expect it to never happen, MOTHER 3. It can be done to patch out whatever is causing Nintendo to not release it in the States for so long and finally sedate those very hungry Earthbound fans and plus give some really good remixes to the songs presents, preferably orchestral with certain tracks, though I doubt Nintendo would do that for a game like this.

While also unlikely, I would like XenoSaga, XenoBlade Chronicles spiritual predecessor to be remade. It's a Monolith Soft property own by Namco when they were there for bit before being bought by the Nintendo, which is why guest artists from Namco were able to bring KOS-MOS and T-ELOS as Blades in XenoBlade Chronicles 2. With their new exposure it may be possible to bring the series back with their new popularity, cause I know this correctly they were never actually able to finish the games story which may be chance to do it. There were plans to actually do this remake but Monolith back down, which I really believe they shouldn't.

Metroid Fusion in the style of Samus Returns. I'm surprised Nintendo actually hasn't done this already, since this is the most popular 2D Metroid next to Super Metroid (which I believe will never be remade due to purists of the game) and be perfect to sedate the even more hungry people waiting for Metroid Prime 4 (which I'm really hoping to be after Fusion since that's last in the Metroid timeline).

Fire Emblem: The Radiance Duo. I mean Ike's in Smash and XenoBlade DE has shown that Gamecube/Wii Era games can be remade to amazing heights and can bring one of Smash's fighters out of obscurity then being associated with characters from games that he's not from.

The Original Shantae. Honestly I don't know why Wayforward never did this, especially since Shantae's comeback during the DSi days, especially since the only way you can get it now is through 3DS's Virtual Console and give the series new artstyle to the original indie game.

Though I expect it to never happen, MOTHER 3. It can be done to patch out whatever is causing Nintendo to not release it in the States for so long and finally sedate those very hungry Earthbound fans and plus give some really good remixes to the songs presents, preferably orchestral with certain tracks, though I doubt Nintendo would do that for a game like this.
I think this already exists. I think it was called Mother 3+. They even included the full version of the EarthBound 64 trailer theme!

The Pikmin games.

I've never played them due to the 30 day time limit and I saw a trailer at Toys R Us (we will miss you) and saw how easy it was to lose almost your whole squad of Pikmin.

It'd be nice to see if they could get a remake of some sort.

Back
Top Bottom