• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Video Game Would You Like To See Get a Remake?

Time limit still exists for individual days.

I imagine the time limit is represented by the juice you've collected for 3.

The Legend of Spyro without rushed development and bad treatment of the Guardians. Leon managed to battle Eternatus in SWSH, but they cannot hit a major villain.
The Guardians were supposed to wear armour. That should help them against Cynder and other villains.

Also, I would like to see a Skyward Sword remake to be able to see the game without motion controls.

I found more games that I'd like to see receive remakes: The Harvest Moon games Island of Happiness and Sunshine Islands. Namely better graphics, more heart events, and getting rid of that stupid weather system. I know Island of Happiness relied way too much on touch screen controls to do anything and made things be more complicated than is necessary.

Mario 64 is probably the top of my list because I really want to replay it, but both the N64 and DS versions have aged really poorly by this point...

Otherwise, FE4, because I heard it was one of the better games in the Fire Emblem series, and I'd like to see a remastered version of it. Actually, any Fire emblem remakes from games 4-11'd be nice..

I'd like to see a Switch port of The Wind Waker HD. I already own it on Wii U, so here's where my pipe-dream comes in: it comes with remakes of both the DS games in the same engine, complete with fully-3D mechanics, fingers on the character models, and more music in Phantom Hourglass. I'd prefer if video games companies focused their resources on new games, though.

i still want to see Xenosaga in some form or fashion. yes, there's Xenoblade, but it doesn't have KOS-MOS (as far as i'm aware, the same KOS-MOS in the Xenosaga games), nor does it have any of the recurring Xenosaga cast, which is a huge letdown for me, imo.

Last edited:
i still want to see Xenosaga in some form or fashion. yes, there's Xenoblade, but it doesn't have KOS-MOS (as far as i'm aware, the same KOS-MOS in the Xenosaga games), nor does it have any of the recurring Xenosaga cast, which si a huge letdown for me, imo.
Well, there's the problem that the Xeno series has been owned by three different companies, so I guess rights issues might be at work.

Well, there's the problem that the Xeno series has been owned by three different companies, so I guess rights issues might be at work.

it's a shame because the ending for Xenosaga 3 implies that there would be more continuations of the series, but it just... got dropped suddenly. :s

Harvest Moon- A Wonderful Life/ Another Wonderful Life or Magical Melody. Those were a few of my first games in the series (besides FoMT) and my other favourites. I want to visit Forget-Me-Not Valley again.

Last edited:
I'm in the extreme minority, but I would love it if Gamefreak's Pulseman got a remake.

I'm not solely satisfied with a port. The problem I have with the original Pulseman is that the graphics utilize far too many flashing effects and strobe light effects. I don't have epilepsy, but I'm physically unable to play the game because even just watching a video of it for five minutes makes my eyes hurt. It might very well actually give me a seizure if I watch for too long. The game doesn't have a proper save feature either, not even a password save system, so it has to be played in one seating to beat. And I can't do that since I'd have to take frequent breaks if I were to play this.

It's one of those games that I would really love to play or even just watch but I physically can't. So I honestly just believe Pulseman would be better off being remade, or even just remastered in a way that eliminates the eye strain problems.

It's one of those games that I would really love to play or even just watch but I physically can't. So I honestly just believe Pulseman would be better off being remade, or even just remastered in a way that eliminates the eye strain problems.
Considering how they edited the Gen I and II Pokémon games and the Mother games, I think if we get a port/remake/whatever those flashing effects will be gone.

Considering how they edited the Gen I and II Pokémon games and the Mother games, I think if we get a port/remake/whatever those flashing effects will be gone.
While I would like to believe this, I'm afraid it's not quite as simple as that. It's literally ALL of the graphics in Pulseman that causes eye strain.

No better example can illustrate my point than the pixelated rainbow skies in Stage 3,

2:13 has the sky.

It's not just a matter of reducing light flashes or editing a couple of sprites to reduce the eye strain -- they would literally have to edit the entire game to achieve that, which is why they may as well just go for a straight remaster or remake. Besides they ported this game to the Wii VC and did nothing to address the graphical issues in that.

The problem with Pulseman is that they really went all ham in making the game aesthetically digital looking, that they failed to consider how this would affect those with epilepsy or eye strain. It needs to strike a healthy balance.

While I would like to believe this, I'm afraid it's not quite as simple as that. It's literally ALL of the graphics in Pulseman that causes eye strain.

No better example can illustrate my point than the pixelated rainbow skies in Stage 3,

2:13 has the sky.

It's not just a matter of reducing light flashes or editing a couple of sprites to reduce the eye strain -- they would literally have to edit the entire game to achieve that, which is why they may as well just go for a straight remaster or remake. Besides they ported this game to the Wii VC and did nothing to address the graphical issues in that.

The problem with Pulseman is that they really went all ham in making the game aesthetically digital looking, that they failed to consider how this would affect those with epilepsy or eye strain. It needs to strike a healthy balance.

Oh... Then I guess remake would be the best way to do things. Also, remember that the game was made before the Porygon incident, so I sincerely think they didn't actually know about how harmful that was.

Xenosaga trilogy, I feel this series is rather underrated and in this day and age, I feel they could go the route of the .hack // G.U. 4 game set and make the trilogy available as one game, and maybe some bonus material on the disc to intrigue users into buying them.

Armored Core 1-3, not sure how popular these games were back in the day but I recall growing up that I enjoyed creating and customizing mechs to look cool and completing levels.

Shadow Hearts series, an interesting RPG series that I feel could have done more, seems that after the ps2 era that it was just forgotten about.

I also would love to see a Xenosaga remake, where the series would be completed in its full, intended glory rather than being cut tragically short. The gameplay of all three games would be made consistent with each other, rather than the jarring change that happens in each installment. [Particularly Xenosaga II... urgh.] I'd like to see the gameplay in general be more fleshed out, with larger, more explorable areas, as the game focused more heavily on story and cutscenes. It could still keep that focus [because that's the entire reason I adore this series], but I'd love a better balance between the two. What I mean is that I want the gameplay to be just as phenomenal as the story was.

It wouldn't have to be revolutionary. I wouldn't want to, say, change the turn-based system to action because of this perception that turn-based is outdated. [After all, I don't want them to lose the spirit of the game's genre like the FF7 remake did.] And I certainly wouldn't want yet another open world game with big, boring empty spaces. Just an enhancement of the concept, something that would make this incomplete series feel more along the lines of a PS1 Final Fantasy - expansive and complete, but not overwhelmingly huge.

And Xenogears! Oh my God, Xenogears also deserves so much better. I love this game arguably more than Xenosaga. I'd just want them to restore the plans they had for disc 2 and actually finish it, because it was even more rushed and cut down. Their initial concept of five episodes would be far too ambitious to do, in my opinion, but I think I'd like to see a Xenogears remake split into two games, because they have a lot of cut content that I don't think would even fit in one game should they try to restore it.

Of course, I don't trust the modern gaming landscape to do them justice. It's also ridiculously unlikely because of all the legalities of Namco owning Xenosaga and Square Enix owning Xenogears. [And neither company seems too interested in these ancient games, sadly.] So I'd be willing to just settle with an HD re-release for both series. Xenogears and Xenosaga being released on the Switch would be amazing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom