• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

A combo of lunatic FE:Awakening, soul silver, X, Civ V, and Bravely Default. Loving BD.

Soon going to start a new Pokemon X team, All Normal Type team - (Korrina is going to be trouble!!) already have 5 Pokemon selected that I know I will use - my plan:
All 6 will be only Normal Type - no secondary type

4 Pokemon I already know and like:
Watchog, Furret, Rattata, shiny Minccino.

1 I have not yet tried out:
Kangaskhan

Need to figure out 1 more
can't decide between Teddiursa/Ursaring, Slakoth/SlakingVigoroth, Skitty/Delcatty, Bouffalant, or Furfrou

Won't use Meowth/Persian, or Glameow/Purugly - already using them in my Cat Team.

Last edited:
I played X earlier and bred dragon dancing Tropius, and now I'm playing Bravely Default and just finished leveling my party to 99. Whee.

Playing Bravely Default, my party is at about Lv.30's. Just encountered Victor and Victoria ... whoa, that battle lasted all of two turns. (Luckily I scanned them both on turn one.) Favorite skill combination so far: Hunting + Sword Magic for massive damage against pretty much anything with elemental vulnerabilities. Had a little trouble beating the Red Mage -- I know a standstill when I see one, so I went around and did some grinding for XP (but primarily JP) and when I tried again the battle was almost too easy (the hard part was him casting Cura on himself, but he seemed to lose interest in that halfway through). Oh, and just to add insult to injury I had three of my guys on Summoner, Ranger, and Valkyrie at the time.

When I discovered that the Thief's Lv.2 ability is Abate Wind I put literally the whole team on Thief class for 30JP so they could learn it. I did the same later on with Summoner (Abate Lightning at Lv.2 -- which really levelled the field against that red mage).

Fun recipe for grinding when you're in the Lv.25 range: Locate a party of Myconids around Florem and equip at least one Blessed Shield. Have your physical strikers use Fire sword magic, this should enable you to kill them in about 3-4 hits; have one party member use the Blessed Shield to keep your HP up (Myconids really aren't much threat beyond respawning). Then put the whole thing on auto-battle and adjust the battle speed to 4x. You only need to take it off to recharge the Fire sword magic. I did that for maybe 30 turns, took out well over a dozen mushrooms and got like 150JP in one battle.

Another recipe for easy XP is in Mount Fragmentum, locate a party of four Chompers and just chuck a Zeus/Pantheon's Wrath (fixed lightning damage) at them to one-shot the whole party and collect the load of rewards.

Also backtracked (disabling random encounters) to collect the Lv.2 and Lv.3 summons. And I totally love the Lv.2 summon; It's a bird! It's a plane! It's Hresvelgr!

Back
Top Bottom