• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

What video games are you playing now?

Reaction score
Mary Skelter(Vita) - In the start of chapter 2 at the Graveyard. Trying to level up Alice and Red Riding Hood to the same level as Sleepy and Snow. Then I'm going to pop out of the dungeon and upgrade equipment before moving on.

Pokemon Gold - Picked my original starter, Chikorita! Now I'm on my way to Cherrygrove.

Stardew Valley - Waiting on my goat to produce a large milk. Had a witch come by and give me a void egg that is now in the incubator. Grabbing the materials I need to build a lightning rod.

best boy
Reaction score
Still playing Pokemon Silver, heading to Goldenrod City to get my third badge (oh and I picked my original starter from Gold, Cyndaquil).

Last I mentioned I was going to replay a FF game, decided on replaying V. Might replay IV as well since it was my first FF game that my father introduced to me.

Previously known as 'Isamu Akai'
Reaction score
Hyrule Warriors Legends (3DS) - So I bought a used copy of this last Tuesday and finally got around to trying it. Frankly, compared to the Wii U original, this version isn't very good and awkward to play. I don't see myself putting very many hours into this like I did with the other one.

Pokemon Gold (3DS VC) - Got to Azalea now. I've caught a Mareep, which has now since evolved into a Flaafy, and a Wooper and Bellsprout, the latter two which I'll be reserving as HM users.

Ducks
Reaction score
Pokken DX - Tried out my friends copy. Its actually pretty cool. We of course skipped the tutorial because were cool kids and just tried out every fighter blind.
As a Pokkén player myself who doesn't have the DX version due to not having a Switch... *grumble grumble*, while I approve of the fact that you actually enjoyed the thing, I am rather disapointed that you skipped the tutorial, since, if it's anything like regular Pokkén's tutorial, then it actually does a pretty decent job of explaining what does what and all that. Just saying.

Oh, and I haven't really been doing much game-related stuff lately, though I did train a few 'mons up a little in Sun/Moon, if that counts.

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
Tales of Symphonia (Got through Ymir Forest without much trouble!)
Pokemon Silver on 3DS VC (WHY WON'T MY EGG HATCH INTO A FEMALE TOGEPI?!?!?!)

Reaction score
...I am rather disapointed that you skipped the tutorial, since, if it's anything like regular Pokkén's tutorial, then it actually does a pretty decent job of explaining what does what and all that. Just saying.
Nothing quite beats Rivals of Aether's tutorials - in addition to the 'standard' tutorials (beginner/intermediate/expert) it also features character-specific tutorials which not only teach you what the character's controls are, but clue you in to some of the character's design concepts you need to know to play that character effectively.

Anyway, as for me I'm still level grinding in Monster Hunter Stories. My 'main' team is roughly mid-40s in level, but I want several other monsters up to par so I can experiment with them too. For that I've been using the Expedition feature, great way to level grind and it doesn't even require you to play the game (it counts by real time, not gameplay time).

Maybe sort of alive
Reaction score
Mario Kart Wii
One more Mirror cup I'll try to complete with at least a star and that's every single one for each speed type in Grand Prix completed this way.

Previously known as 'Isamu Akai'
Reaction score
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (Switch) - Lol, I suck immensely at this game. Poor reflexes and half of the moves I don't even remember how to execute. I cannot even clear all of the academy lessons because of the extreme precise timing some of the moves require (that or the directions are just not clear). Although it looks like other people struggle with some of them, so I guess I shouldn't feel so bad. This is why I don't really like fighting games, but it's still an enjoyable game.

Pokemon Gold - Beat Bugsy and got to Goldenrod. I cannot tell you enough how liberating it is to finally reach Goldenrod. My team currently consists of Hoothoot, Jigglypuff, Flaafy, and Skiploom. I'm thinking I may drop Hoothoot once it evolves. I honestly have no idea how I want my team to be.

Maybe sort of alive
Reaction score
Mario Kart Wii
Cleared the Mirror Leaf Cup with two stars. I'm done with Grand Prix forever. :p

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Space Empires V: Nothing for it but to put the shipyards to work. I might not have monster battleships or heaven help me, dreadnoughts, but I can damn well produce cruisers faster than anyone else in the galaxy

Reaction score
Pokemon Gold - I have a Hoothoot now that I'm leveling up a bit on my way to the first gym.

Mary Skelter - Leveling up in this dungeon that is impossible to get out of.

Stardew Valley - Trying to get my fishing skill up to 2 so I can buy bait and use crab pots.

Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash - Still waiting on the oddly long install to finish. -_-

Merry Chrysalis
Reaction score
Super Mario Maker

I replayed my own level, Wall Jump Warship, for kicks. Then I made very little progress designing a new course.

Reaction score
Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash - Gone through two story arcs and working on the 3rd.

Pokemon Gold - About to go fight the first gym.