• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

What video games are you playing now?

Given power
Reaction score
The Superstar Saga remake. Just hit Woohoo Hooniversity and stopped for a bit because OH GOD WHAT HAPPENED TO MY 3DS HOME MENU

3dspresents.jpg
Yeah. Seeing new software was allegedly added and then that hot mess that when home menu buffering (well actually just pausing in middle of a battle), and then everything just being gone when exiting the game was...yeah. It all came back when I powered off and back on but all of my everything except Four Swords for some reason is a present again. No clue why, anyone had it happen before or know why?

Previously known as 'Isamu Akai'
Reaction score
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (Switch) - I beat the storyline. So I guess I'm mostly done with the game now (as fun as online battles are, I won't be doing them as I'm self-conscious about my skills, or rather lack thereof). There's also still the Expert Missions and other quests left over, along with new instructors, so I'll probably be doing those. This game has been really fun. Glad I got it.

Yo-Kai Watch 2: Psychic Specters - I'm clocked at 14 hours now. Trying to befriend a Nekkidspeed for a side quest.

Space Wizard/ Dark Sorceress
Reaction score
Fire Emblem Echoes- Shadows of Valentia. Currently on Celica's path, and just recruited the Pegasus Knights.

Ducks
Reaction score
Well, I was a bit bored recently and decided to go back to Etrian Mystery Dungeon after not touching it for ages. As for what I was doing in that game, well, yesterday I bested the Equinox Garden, one of those dungeons that seem to be common in the Mystery Dungeon series that resets your level to 1 and doesn't let you bring items in... So today I decided to push my luck and tackle a dungeon I had a Mission to explore, the Phantom Depths, another such Lv.1/no items dungeon, expecting to finish it in about the same amount of time...

Though, as the one person who's played up to that point is probably aware, it is a much, much longer afair, which went from a fairly pleasent stoll through to a trial of endurence, resource management and how well my Protector could tank hits that would go from early morning to just after noon.

Eventually, however - after 60 floors - I was not expecting there to be a boss, and, despite the cool-looking areana where you fight it, I wasn't exactly pleased about it either, especially since my Runemaster (a.k.a. mage) and Medic were both running low on TP towards the end of the dungeon. And that particular boss happens to be rather tough - some of its attacks could almost OHKO my Protector, and they're (obviously) supposed to be the tanks.

But in the end... It didn't even matter After a few turns of about 30 damage per good hit, the thing managed to knock a couple of my party members' health into the red, forcing my Medic to use a party-wide heal... but as was scrolling through the list of said Medic's skills, I noticeed that one of them, Star Drop happened to be an offensive one that also inflicted Physical Defense Down. Now, I had tried to inflict the thing with other status effects but none of them had actually landed, so I was dubious if this one would... But, as you can probably guess by the way I went into detail about it, when I had the chance to use it, it did indeed land. Thus I proceeded to have my Landsknecht spam Swift Stab, a multi-hiting stab move, while my Protector and Medic also whacked the thing, in-between tanking hits and keeping the party alive, respectively, each of those hits doing just over 100 damage, a noticable improvement. (Oh, and my Runemaster was also there too, I guess.)

However, even that was not enough, and it was still kicking and my Medic was approaching 60 TP left (with their more advanced skills like party-wide heals and revival costing around 15 TP each), so I knew I had to finish the fight soon or face certian defeat. Thus, when next I had the chance, I used Star Drop again, hoping for another Phys. Def Down... And low and behold, I landed it again. Cue all-out assult on the thing to try and wear it down, and shotrly afterwards... The beast fell! Victory! Ah... I guess the moral of the story here is to never underestimate a combat Medic.

*Note: Events in that encounter may not have happened exactly in the order described, but something something dramatic effect something something creative lisence. :p

Last edited:
I will burn my dread!
Reaction score
In Persona Q, I'm in the second dungeon. I'm gonna find out who my destined partner is! I already know it's gonna be Yukari (I'm going on record here so I can eat my words later when I get Junpei).

In Persona 3 Portable, I can't remember what I'm doing. That's alright, I'm just playing P3P as a sort of comfort food. I'm always gonna have a play-through of Persona 3 going on.

In Persona 5, I'm playing one in-game day for every real-world day, so I'm in mid-October, of course. As anybody who's played Persona 5 knows...
Something real effed-up happens in October. It's a foregone conclusion to what the player already knows, but it was still pretty effective, and I'm glad Persona 5 isn't pulling its punches in any major way so far like Persona 4 did.

I haven't touched Nier: Automata since I got Ending A, need to rectify that soon.

In The Caligula Effect, I'm coming up on the boss of the third dungeon. I would be further in this game if I thought about playing it more often. Fun fact: save points let you fast-travel to the mid-point of the dungeon, but not the beginning where you can change your party members, or really do anything you can't do at any other point in the dungeon. What is even the point?

Finally, I started playing Xenogears. I've gotten frustrated a few times thanks to unclear instructions, but nothing too major, and it certainly doesn't outweigh the fun factor of playing what is basically Evangelion: The Video Game. I'm liking it so far, currently at "Operation Aveh". Anybody out there who's played this game, based on where I've gotten in two days, do you think I could beat this game by the end of the week?

Reaction score
In Persona Q, I'm in the second dungeon. I'm gonna find out who my destined partner is! I already know it's gonna be Yukari (I'm going on record here so I can eat my words later when I get Junpei).
My destined partner was either Zen or Koromaru (depending on which save file).

Anyway, we reached G3 rank in MH4U. That urgent quest wasn't too difficult, but it did take a while.

Reaction score
Animal Crossing- New Leaf. The trees look so pretty now.

Fire Emblem Echoes- Leon is now a Sniper.

Reaction score
Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War: I'm about to begin chapter 9

Pokemon Gold: I have 6 badges and caught the shiny Gyarados, and now I'm training up a Girafarig and a Zubat that I might put on my team

Reaction score
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (Switch) - So it occurred to me that I may have been playing this game the "wrong" way the entire time. I'm around level 70, getting awfully close to the level 80 cap, and my stats are all around the 40's to 50's, because I was more focused on building a balanced set of stats rather than build preferred ones. =/ None of my stats are close to 100. I guess I've done pretty well considering that, but now I can't help but feel I've unknowningly screwed myself over early on.

I've been trying to get the remaining Time Distortion Eggs, and I'm considering just giving up now. I ignored Guru's House until now, and I'm not confident I'll get the egg from him after reading responses on the internet. And I'm having the worst trouble defending Frieza from Cooler because the allies keep freaking dying on me. Why can't the damn ally capsules work on my allies?

Merry Chrysalis
Reaction score
Super Mario Maker

I popped on for the heck of it and decided to beat the latest event course for the heck of it. I also went back and played some fun levels of mine that were de-uploaded due to unpopularity.

Retired
Reaction score
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (Switch) - So it occurred to me that I may have been playing this game the "wrong" way the entire time. I'm around level 70, getting awfully close to the level 80 cap, and my stats are all around the 40's to 50's, because I was more focused on building a balanced set of stats rather than build preferred ones. =/ None of my stats are close to 100. I guess I've done pretty well considering that, but now I can't help but feel I've unknowningly screwed myself over early on.
If you ever feel like your stats are really screwed, you can use the Dragon Balls to reassign your attribute points with the "second chance at life" wish (if I recall correctly; I've yet to use it myself).

Reaction score
If you ever feel like your stats are really screwed, you can use the Dragon Balls to reassign your attribute points with the "second chance at life" wish (if I recall correctly; I've yet to use it myself).
Yeah, I just found that out after I posted that. At least I know now that I'm not completely screwed over.

Also I just beat the quest with Frieza and am at 30% with Guru's House now. Woo.

Reaction score
Fire Emblem- Awakening. Trying to decide on a pairing for Lissa this file.

バハムートの使徒
Reaction score
Granblue Fantasy- Decided to give up on the Sealing Staff but I'm still grinding event quests for that fully uncapped Kero-chan

Reaction score
Fire Emblem Warriors (Switch) - Loving it so far. Just hit the chapter where I recruit Elise and Camilla. After that Im going to go and replay some chapters in the free mode to get some items for crests.