• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • NMLewis continues his adventures in the Hoenn region. Watch here as he meets his father and helps some kid catch a Pokemon.

What video games are you playing now?

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Space Empires V: Currently trying to extend the Commonwealth's territory along the Sephandris-Penthara reach, mostly in an effort to secure the systems for future Gas Giant colonisation.

Ducks
Reaction score
Still going with Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, and I must say, of the areas I've explored so far, the GFS Valhalla is probably my favourite of the bunch, for two reasons, the first being...
the Energy Cells - hidden collectables scattered around the game's other planets, kinda like the Chozo Artifacts and Sky Keys from Primes 1 and 2 - which are used to access the place. However, rather then functioning as keys to one big door, these Cells act as 'keys' to specific, smaller 'locks' throughout the ship that take only one or two of 'em, letting you explore a small portion of the place before being forced to turn back at another 'lock', making you (or at least me) curious about what's beyond it and giving you an actual incentive to find more Cells to explore more of the ship.
The second is much more simple:
the atmosphere or lack thereof, it is a spaceship after all - every crew member I've run into is dead, there are various hostile aliens slithering, skittering and floating about, and the ship is in a general state of disrepair with clear signs of everything going horribly wrong, giving the whole place an almost horror-esque vibe. Oh, and the fact that the type of ship is the same as that of the tutorial area helps quite a bit, since the contrast of 'hey this is a nice place' on that ship to this one's 'OH GOD EVERYONE IS DEAD' is quite effective, to say the least.

Also, I must say, the initial encounter with proper Metroids has been my favourite part of the game so far - I won't talk about it here because it's a really friggin' good sequence and I don't want to spoil it, but... uh... I'm finding it hard to think of a way to end this post, so here's a picture of a Metroid I guess.

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Space Empires V: Successfully managed to grab the Klaestron system, lukewarm though it may be as an acquisition. Still waiting for the necessary technology to take the war to the Sithrak, but at least there's no real danger to my own planets as yet

Reaction score
Cyberdimension Neptunia (PS4) - Got to guild rank 3 and now I'm on my way through to the next artifact. This game is a little disappointingly easy.

Space Wizard/ Dark Sorceress
Reaction score
Story of Seasons- Trio of Towns. Soon I will reach the next Town Rank with Lulukoko.

Patron Saint of Nightmares
Reaction score
Breeding Seel in Pokémon Moon atm.

Reaction score
Was grinding in Monster Hunter Generations today before the Miiverse shutdown. Unlocked the final boss Nakarkos, but boy is he pretty rough on my cats.

Reaction score
Cyberdimension Neptunia (PS4) - Got to guild rank 5. The city has just been invaded by monsters. Going to try and get the items I need to upgrade some equipment.

Previously known as 'Isamu Akai'
Reaction score
Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope: Got to...world three I guess? Or at least third segment of the world map. Defeated a couple world map bosses too.

Yo-Kai Watch 2: Bony Spirits - Yeah, Bony Spirits this time. I caved in and got this mainly so I could facilitate trades with myself with all three games. I'm rushing through with the main story content. Currently at Old Springdale.

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Space Empires V: I think I've made a miscalculation regarding Klaestrom. It turns out the Abbidon Enclave are after the system as well, and I am pretty sure they're a crucial one turn ahead in their efforts to grab it

Reaction score
Cyberdimension Neptunia (PS4) - Finished the main campaign at level 81. Only have a few new quests and fights to go before I'm at max guild rank but Ill save those for later.

Ducks
Reaction score
Finished Metroid Prime 3 a while ago, and... I'm not entirely sure how it holds up to the other two since it's been a while since I've played them, but it was still a pretty fun time, all things considered.

Reaction score
Blue Reflection (PS4) - Still pretty early on in the beginning but its finally starting to pick up the pace. The weird leveling system is still taking a bit to get used to.

Story of Seasons Trio of Towns - Got the DLC so I started a new file and picked Charmer as my trait. Man is that skill a little excessive. I already have Ford and Wayne up to purple heart and I'm not even half way through Spring yet.

Bad Apple Wars (Vita) - Haven't actually played this yet today but I did find an awesome spoiler free walk-through this morning so Ill get to it this evening!

Space Wizard/ Dark Sorceress
Reaction score
Animal Crossing- New Leaf. Collecting mushrooms is fun. Though I already have that set.

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Space Empires V: Finally have the necessary small shield generators to put my Tigercubs into production - in five turns I shall have my army and the invasion freighters to deploy it