• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

What video games are you playing now?

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Space Empires V: Debating whether to build a squadron of AUTO-Patrol drones, redesigned for battle rather than strict patrol and interception duties

Previously known as 'Isamu Akai'
Reaction score
Dragon Ball Fusions (3DS) - Getting back into this one. Training Vegeta and trying to recruit SSJ4 Goku or Vegeta, but having no luck in finding them so far. I did encounter Dabura but I screwed up and KOed him. God I hate the RNG in this. Also, Goku fused with Nuova Shenron looks like Charizard.

Yo-Kai Watch 2: Bony Spirits - Currently at chapter 5 I guess? Making decently good progress.

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Space Empires V: Finally got hold of the Events Predictor, so those are under construction in the most strategically important systems. Production of the army is going well, which pushes the time frame for Operation Thunderbolt forward one turn

Reaction score
Blue Reflection (PS4) - Trying to finish this one small quest so the main quest will progress but I cant find it because its STILL raining at the school.

Super Mario Odyssey - Got through the lake world. Now I'm if the forest world.

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Space Empires V: Operation Thunderbolt continues with the I-Series planetary assault ships being convoyed to the staging post at Elysia

Reaction score
Yo-Kai Watch 2: Bony Spirits - Beat the final boss, so now I'm free to do whatever. Going to do the version-exclusive Venoct sidequest and try befriending him later.

Ducks
Reaction score
Last weekend, when I went to see that Pokémon I Choose You thingamajig, I happened to wander into the EB Games store next door to see if they had one of those Silvally codes... which they didn't for some reason, but they did have a copy of a game I've been after for a while now, Codename: S.T.E.A.M., for the bargin price of $25, which I snapped up narry a second thought.

As for how I'm finding it thus far, well, the story is over the top (the good kind of over the top that is), the comic book asthetic, aside from lending to that over-the-top-ness, is one that happen to rather enjoy (especially when they do some interesting thigs with cutscenes every now and again) and the whole 'third-person shooter inside a grid/turn-based strategy game' thing, while it can be frustrating on occasion, can lead to some rather intense and incredibly satisfying moments, as well as some pretty interesting levels. Oh, and the dynamic music is pretty cool too.

Overall, I'm rather enjoying it thus far (as you may or may not be able to tell from my current avatar).

EDIT: Oh, and I can't really play snipers well in other shooters due to the whole 'aiming at moving targets' thing, but The Fox - S.T.E.A.M.'s sniper - is one of my favourite characters to use, since there's that whole turn-based thing going on, which lets you line up a shot at stationary enemy's weak points for massive damage an amazingly satisfying instant kill without worrying about them getting out of the way at the last moment aside from their idle animations, but those are pretty predictable. So yeah, I quite enjoy sniping in this game.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Super Mario Odyssey - Got through a few more worlds. Finished up the story parts of the Lunch world and now I'm just hunting down a few more power moons to go to the next world.

Reaction score
Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope (Treasure Trove - Switch) - I'm at the final stage now. This game has been terribly frustrating, but in a good way.

YKW 2: Bony Spirits - Okay, Venoct is boss-tier. Guess I'll have to grind for the next few days before I ever hope to befriend him.

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns
Harvest Moon: Light of Hope (PC)

Patron Saint of Nightmares
Reaction score
Danganronpa 1-2 Reload, On chapter 3 atm.

Retired
Reaction score
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (XBO)
Via two uses of the Dragon Balls, I reassigned my CAC's attribute points and edited her hair and eyes to mimic Ultra Instinct. Besides that, just playing ranked matches as usual.