• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Still chugging along with US/UM and while I haven't really progressed in Sun yet, but I cleared the Grand Trial in Moon, even if it was surprisingly tough.

Why was it so tough, you might ask? Well, most of it was kinda easy, but towards the end of the battle, I was trying to do fanc things and Hala's last 'mon got two Power-Up Punches off as a result, increasing its power levels to the point where pretty much anything would KO my team (either due to typing or being weakened earlier in the battle), and it didn't help that said 'mon was surprisingly fast and fairly bulky.

Fortunately, earlir in the battle, my Cutiefly had leveled up, with said leveling up letting it learn Draining Kiss - which was perfect, since Cutifly was one of those weakened 'mons when it was sent out, thus allowing Cutiefly to get out of KO range while dealing massive damage, allowing me to pull off a last-minute comeback straight out of the anime. I quite enjoy it when stuff like that happens, I must say.

Space Empires V: The long slog continues. The primary plan is still to reopen access to Melmac, and I'm hoping the new carriers will be able to do it. Just in case I've ordered a strengthening of the defences on Sigard and Magog.

In the meantime I've designed a stopgap Y-Series freighter as a repair ship. After an unexpected raid Nova Terra has a lot of damaged facilities and I want to hurry the repairs along. I'm tempted to build a new A-Series 11 at Nova Terra as well, to convoy along to Jokala so I can try to bottle up the Sithrak from that direction with a minefield.

Stardew Valley (Switch) - Still in early fall. Got quite a bit done with some new fish caught and sending my pickaxe in for upgrading. Going to get the bag upgrade next, then I'll probably save up for a house upgrade. I'm in no rush to get married (I haven't even befriended anyone eligible), but I'd like to get that kitchen.

Tales of Zestiria:
So, it turns out that the "choices" it was giving me, weren't really choices at all. Once I did the segment for Alisha, I still had to go see Sergei and help Rose. The Alisha mission was gutwrenching though. It absolutely broke her heart when she learned Maltran was a hellion. It was cool to be able to use her for a few fights though. Nothing terribly tough, but controlling her while we fought Maltran after she openly admitted to Alisha that she hated her was incredibly satisfying. Neither of the other sections were overly noteworthy, Sergei trying to evacuate Lastobell and getting verbally assaulted for not being on the front lines, and Rose fighting Lunarre and saving the Scattered Bones from execution. After all 3 of those were done with, a full scale clash broke out and the massive surge of malevolence wound up turning a seraph (who was apparently around, I guess?) into a dragon. We weren't able to handle Eisen, but we managed to take down this guy, and managed to stop the fighting by causing the Hyland and Rolance armies to unite against the dragon. After all this, we wound up back in Lastonbell and had a huge character building cutscene, with Rose and Lailah bonding, Edna talking with Zavied about salvation in death, and Sorey deciding that he'd want to basically go into a coma to make a future where humans and Seraphim coexist possible. After this I think that I might be able to go and properly fight Eisen. Since last time I went, Edna openly refused to help me fight her brother, I literally could not use her in that fight. But, I think that after that talk with Zavied, she might have come to terms with killing him to save him from his fate of being a dragon.
So now with all that done, Rose is finally talking about my side quests again, so before we head for the final battle which is pretty much the very next story point, I'm gonna try and clean up all the side quests. I took out the two Forton sisters, so I've got the kids' murderer, Katz corner, Eisen, something about a bunch of seraphim on the Great Camelot Bridge, and Rose is still talking about the crucibles, so I think I might still have some of those to do? I dunno, maybe they're down in Glaivend or that extra dungeon zone.

Last edited:
Sims 4 (PS4) - My sim is climbing up her career at a great pace. He husband is not, the loser. So the game wouldn't give me the option to try for baby with my sim so I just had her adopt a baby.

Space Empires V: It looks like the Sithrak are going to just keep flinging swarms of fighters at Sigard, so the extra defences will be worth it. The Point-Defence Cannons on the weapon platforms really ought to be upgraded, but for now quantity will have to substitute for quality.

I've decided to rush through research to upgrade missile weapons - Rocket Pods for the ground troops (And possibly fighter-bombers), Small Plasma Missiles for the bombers

Got Ending C in Nier: Automata. This game has gotten to a point where every time I pick up the controller, I know something heartbreaking is gonna happen... but I can't put it down!

Started the seventh Palace in Persona 5, it is considerably more difficult than the others before it, which is a good thing.

The Caligula Effect gave me a Gold Trophy for suffering through 1/5 of the game's boring social system. I swear I'm not a completionist, so why am I torturing myself?

I just beat Redrum in Xenogears. People on the Internet say he's one of the toughest bosses in the game, I just thought he was fun. I'm starting to go stir-crazy in this prison, though.

I'm in the third dungeon in Persona Q. The game-play is as fun as always, but the characters' gross Flanderization is as tragic as always. This dungeon is pretty difficult, too.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (XBO)
Made a rip-off Jiren CAC and, via a few different methods, got him all the way to level 85 just in time for the new update! (Someday I'll get him and my main character to level 100... someday.) I also finally got around to getting the extra mentor pack.

Been playing through the Etrian Odyssey V demo, and while the new UI changes are really throwing me off, I'm still having fun flailing around trying to figgure out what the heck each class does, my favourite so far being either the Rover or the Harbringervb]=. Also, that Therian running the inn is really friggin' cute, just saying.

Space Empires V: Taking the fight to the SIthrak by raiding into Lyrae has yielded some interesting findings - it looks like Lyrae VII is underdefended as Melmac I and VIII were. If I can just reopen Melmac I might just be able to conduct a lightning planetstrike into Lyrae and thus throttle off their income.

I think I've cracked the fortress problem as well, thanks to the Sithrak showing me how weapon platforms can't do a lot about fighters launching plasma missiles outside the range of the guns

Terraria: So, I randomly felt the urge to play this again. Sadly the computer I was playing it on kinda died and some crucial parts needed replacing, so I had to restart with a completely new character in a completely new world. All of my incredibly awesome endgame gear gone, lost into the aether.
Interestingly enough, I'm less annoyed by losing my gear, and actually a lot more annoyed about losing my original world. Since I'd built a lot of stuff there, and it was probably the most perfectly generated world I'll ever see. It's the only large world I've ever seen where the Corruption all spawned on one side of the map, even after the new spot sprung up after I entered hardmode, it was all on the left side of the map, with the jungle on the other side. I never had to worry about losing jungle to the Corruption. This new world, spawned Currption on both sides of the map, with Corruption running right through the jungle, and within a minutes walk from the spawn point. I've got sunflowers on the important points right now to slow the spread as much as I can, but I'm gonna need to isolate it with giant holes gouged out of the planet to keep it from spreading any closer to the houses, and to make sure I don't lose any more jungle than is already gone once I start hardmode.
The first order of business was to build a base. And I mean a base. There's like, 6 liveable rooms in the main structure alone, and that's not counting any bonus rooms I throw into an NPC's personal house once I get around to making them. I've found a little cave that leads into some very nice underground caverns, built up a full set of tin armour, so I should be able to get deep enough to find enough tungsten to make armour from it and be able to properly explore most places. I'm pretty well set for weapons for a while too, since on my first night I got a Zombie Arm with a good prefix, so I'm just cleaving through enemies. I managed to bring in a Merchant, Nurse, Demolitionist, and Dye Trader too.

Pokemon Ultra Sun: I'm on the second island, and just cleared the 2nd Trial of the game.
And Christ that Araquanid was tough. My basic gameplan was "Send out everything that's not Rufflet to chip off health from this bulky-ass spider, then use Supersonic Skystrike to take off what it has left. I was working great until I sent out Slowpoke. I was not prepared for it to get half of its health back with Leech Life. I still managed to win out in the end, but it was a bit close for comfort.
I gotta say, I'm really liking my choice to turn off the EXP share. It's letting me have a challenge from the game, rather than the pathetically easy run I had through Sun. I haven't found a Dewpider to catch for my team yet, gonna need to take another look through the hill later.

I gotta say, I'm really liking my choice to turn off the EXP share.
No regrets! Gen 7's reintroduction of level-relative XP gains helped somewhat, but the Exp.Share currently is still just broken. GF should have designed the game's difficulty curve assuming that (1) players will have it enabled, (2) players will probably spend some time on sidequests/exploration in addition to the story, and (3) players will keep 2-3 "core" Pokemon in their team for the long haul, while rotating others in and out. That way, any player who wants it off will either have to do extra grinding, or play smarter and underleveled.

Pokemon Ultra Sun: I'm no further than I was before, but I need to reveal the team's final lineup.
Kahn: Torracat
Polo: Slowpoke
Nathan: Zorua
Decker: Magnemite
Freedom: Rufflet
Rio: Shiny Riolu, thank you so fucking much you know who you are!

Back
Top Bottom