• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • The forums' software will be updated on December 9th, 2019 and may be down for several hours to multiple days for this process. Thank you for your patience, we hope this update will improve your experience here.

Why not join us over on discord during the downtime?

• ME finally got off his butt and has started his own LP of Platinum version. Watch the chaos unfold here.

What video games are you playing now?

I Stand Out
Reaction score
Tales of Zestiria: On the way back to Mayvin, I decided to actually go do the Malevolent Crucibles. Not sure why, the mood just took me. To start with, they infuriated me, especially since I started with Lailah's (and her melee combos are terrible). But then I actually learned how Seraphic Artes really worked, how to cut down on their casting time (combo into them), and how to properly cast higher artes (hold X and tap O), and now it's actually pretty enjoyable, controlling the seraphim for a change is pretty fun, I'll need to start changing up characters during normal gameplay. I've quelled Sorey's, Lailah's, Enda's, Rose's and Mikleo's crucibles, but there's at least 2 left, which is weird, since there's only one more character left to play with, guess I'll learn once I reach them.
Once I got back and talked to Mayvin though:
It turns out Mayvin's job is to record events of the world, and he showed us the full story of how Heldalf came to be. Turns out that the previous Shepherd literally cursed the Rolance general Heldalf to be eternally alone after his village was ruined, neatly tying together the red and green sets of Iris Gems. Heldalf gets cursed, becomes immortal, everyone shuns him, his family dies, he can't kill himself, he goes full Hellion and becomes the Lord of Calamity.
After this bombshell, Sorey comes to the conclusion that he wants to save Heldalf from his loneliness, and Mayvin tells us to prove we've got what it takes. Now, Mayvin didn't just mean beat him in battle, he meant to prove I was able to do what would be needed to kill him. He died himself before we could go through with it though. Now, you remember how Dezel died earlier? He used Zaveid's magic gun to sacrifice himself. It looks like, if we're going to beat Heldalf, I'm going to have to do that again with at least one more of the seraphim. And if the opening cinematic's anything to go by, I'm going to need to sacrifice all four of them to kill off Heldalf for good. This is gonna make me cry isn't it?

Reaction score
Lego Marvel Heroes 2 (Switch) - I'm becoming very frustrated by how broken this game is. Whats worse is it appears to only be the switch version that's like this. My friend is playing PS4 version and we are at the same part in the story and hes not having any of the problems I am. At one point I couldn't switch between my characters mid level! The story is really cute and I want to finish it but if I have to restart another level because a character freezes in place or the game crashes in scene transition its probably going to be traded in for something else.

Lego Worlds (Switch) - It was on sale for 15$ so I said "why not". Its better then I was thinking. The candy world is really cute and I think I need to make a candy village now.

Reaction score
Due to the thing that is Nanowrimo, until mid-December I am basically unable to play anything more serious than five-minute puzzle games (which I manage to find time for basically everywhere).

I Stand Out
Reaction score
Tales of Zestiria: I've finished all 7 Malevolent Crucibles, and it turns out the others were sort of tag-crucibles. As in, you bring in Sorey/Rose and 1 seraph. I used Mikleo in both of them, since I like the way his Artes work and his Armatus has the best all purpose utility. Back to the story.
I started off towards Elysia to go handle Heldalf once and for all, but on the way there it turns out that Lunarre told Rolance that the Scattered Bones assassinated the cardinal under order from Hyland, and war's broken out. And here's where things get tough, the game's giving me a choice between 2/3 options
  1. Help Rose save the Scattered Bones
  2. Stop the war by going to Sergei
  3. Stop the war by going to Alisha
I trust Rose to be able to handle things herself, and it's more important that we stop the war so that Heldalf can't get any stronger by feeding off the Malevolence the war will produce. Out of the two "stop the war" options, I've decided to go to Alisha, since hopefully if Rolance sees Hyland backing down, then hopefully Sergei at least would see that something's wrong, and Alisha's got Maltran the Hellion by her side who'll almost certainly be egging her on, and hopefully the Shepherd can handle things with her if they get messy. Hope I'm picking the right one.

Last edited:
Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Space Empires V: The Sithrak are seriously getting on my nerves now. Everything has to be kept in convoy, and each turn they change their strategy to some other ineffectual but costly idea

Ducks
Reaction score
Still chugging along with US/UM and while I haven't really progressed in Sun yet, but I cleared the Grand Trial in Moon, even if it was surprisingly tough.

Why was it so tough, you might ask? Well, most of it was kinda easy, but towards the end of the battle, I was trying to do fanc things and Hala's last 'mon got two Power-Up Punches off as a result, increasing its power levels to the point where pretty much anything would KO my team (either due to typing or being weakened earlier in the battle), and it didn't help that said 'mon was surprisingly fast and fairly bulky.

Fortunately, earlir in the battle, my Cutiefly had leveled up, with said leveling up letting it learn Draining Kiss - which was perfect, since Cutifly was one of those weakened 'mons when it was sent out, thus allowing Cutiefly to get out of KO range while dealing massive damage, allowing me to pull off a last-minute comeback straight out of the anime. I quite enjoy it when stuff like that happens, I must say.

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Space Empires V: The long slog continues. The primary plan is still to reopen access to Melmac, and I'm hoping the new carriers will be able to do it. Just in case I've ordered a strengthening of the defences on Sigard and Magog.

In the meantime I've designed a stopgap Y-Series freighter as a repair ship. After an unexpected raid Nova Terra has a lot of damaged facilities and I want to hurry the repairs along. I'm tempted to build a new A-Series 11 at Nova Terra as well, to convoy along to Jokala so I can try to bottle up the Sithrak from that direction with a minefield.

Merry Chrysalis
Reaction score
I played some Minecraft (Wii U) with my brothers, as a rogue Waluigi whose mountain home was vandalized by an evil fox mid-construction.

Previously known as 'Isamu Akai'
Reaction score
Stardew Valley (Switch) - Still in early fall. Got quite a bit done with some new fish caught and sending my pickaxe in for upgrading. Going to get the bag upgrade next, then I'll probably save up for a house upgrade. I'm in no rush to get married (I haven't even befriended anyone eligible), but I'd like to get that kitchen.

I Stand Out
Reaction score
Tales of Zestiria:
So, it turns out that the "choices" it was giving me, weren't really choices at all. Once I did the segment for Alisha, I still had to go see Sergei and help Rose. The Alisha mission was gutwrenching though. It absolutely broke her heart when she learned Maltran was a hellion. It was cool to be able to use her for a few fights though. Nothing terribly tough, but controlling her while we fought Maltran after she openly admitted to Alisha that she hated her was incredibly satisfying. Neither of the other sections were overly noteworthy, Sergei trying to evacuate Lastobell and getting verbally assaulted for not being on the front lines, and Rose fighting Lunarre and saving the Scattered Bones from execution. After all 3 of those were done with, a full scale clash broke out and the massive surge of malevolence wound up turning a seraph (who was apparently around, I guess?) into a dragon. We weren't able to handle Eisen, but we managed to take down this guy, and managed to stop the fighting by causing the Hyland and Rolance armies to unite against the dragon. After all this, we wound up back in Lastonbell and had a huge character building cutscene, with Rose and Lailah bonding, Edna talking with Zavied about salvation in death, and Sorey deciding that he'd want to basically go into a coma to make a future where humans and Seraphim coexist possible. After this I think that I might be able to go and properly fight Eisen. Since last time I went, Edna openly refused to help me fight her brother, I literally could not use her in that fight. But, I think that after that talk with Zavied, she might have come to terms with killing him to save him from his fate of being a dragon.
So now with all that done, Rose is finally talking about my side quests again, so before we head for the final battle which is pretty much the very next story point, I'm gonna try and clean up all the side quests. I took out the two Forton sisters, so I've got the kids' murderer, Katz corner, Eisen, something about a bunch of seraphim on the Great Camelot Bridge, and Rose is still talking about the crucibles, so I think I might still have some of those to do? I dunno, maybe they're down in Glaivend or that extra dungeon zone.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sims 4 (PS4) - My sim is climbing up her career at a great pace. He husband is not, the loser. So the game wouldn't give me the option to try for baby with my sim so I just had her adopt a baby.

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Space Empires V: It looks like the Sithrak are going to just keep flinging swarms of fighters at Sigard, so the extra defences will be worth it. The Point-Defence Cannons on the weapon platforms really ought to be upgraded, but for now quantity will have to substitute for quality.

I've decided to rush through research to upgrade missile weapons - Rocket Pods for the ground troops (And possibly fighter-bombers), Small Plasma Missiles for the bombers

I will burn my dread!
Reaction score
Got Ending C in Nier: Automata. This game has gotten to a point where every time I pick up the controller, I know something heartbreaking is gonna happen... but I can't put it down!

Started the seventh Palace in Persona 5, it is considerably more difficult than the others before it, which is a good thing.

The Caligula Effect gave me a Gold Trophy for suffering through 1/5 of the game's boring social system. I swear I'm not a completionist, so why am I torturing myself?

I just beat Redrum in Xenogears. People on the Internet say he's one of the toughest bosses in the game, I just thought he was fun. I'm starting to go stir-crazy in this prison, though.

I'm in the third dungeon in Persona Q. The game-play is as fun as always, but the characters' gross Flanderization is as tragic as always. This dungeon is pretty difficult, too.

Retired
Reaction score
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (XBO)
Made a rip-off Jiren CAC and, via a few different methods, got him all the way to level 85 just in time for the new update! (Someday I'll get him and my main character to level 100... someday.) I also finally got around to getting the extra mentor pack.

Ducks
Reaction score
Been playing through the Etrian Odyssey V demo, and while the new UI changes are really throwing me off, I'm still having fun flailing around trying to figgure out what the heck each class does, my favourite so far being either the Rover or the Harbringervb]=. Also, that Therian running the inn is really friggin' cute, just saying.