• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Well, I've kinda emersed myself in a these past few days, as I tend to do, the game in question being Etrian Odyssey V, and I did manage to beat the final boss, get through the series' tradition of the 'and now for something completely different' 6th Stratum, bested all the quests and post-game bosses so now all that's left is to get to Lv.99 with that one DLC quest, maybe Retire again (or start a New Game +) if I feel I really need it, and (hopefully) slay the superboss... Though based on the couple shots I took at all ending in turn 1 wipes, this is proabably going to be quite the challange.

Space Empires V: It's been a bit of a busy turn this time. Temporal Technology Lvl 4 gives me the opportunity to upgrade the Events Predictors along with Listening Posts and Explorators. I still need Lvl 3 Drones to upgrade the AUTO-Survey design to incorporate long range scanners as well, but that's not far off. The two mothballed Explorators have been recommissioned for a refit ready to relay the satellites.

I've designed an orbital dock that ought to serve well enough for warship refits. It needs better repair bays really, so I may well research those before starting construction. In any case five of my core planets are busy upgrading ship yards anyway, so it can wait.

In an effort to get the whole Commonwealth running more efficiently I've compiled a priority list of those colonies that need more people, so no doubt the various S- and A-Series freighters will be busy shuttling them back and forth

Kingdom Hearts - HD II.5 ReMIX -:
Did what you could in the 100 Acre Woods, then headed to Beast's Castle and cleared that world. After that, the scenario at Disney Castle and Timeless River occurred (which was fun, by the way) and then I went through the gate thingy that leads to Atlantica. However, I'm going to head for the Pirates of the Caribbean world first.

Cleared Port Royal and then saved in the World Map. Will probably go to Olympus Coliseum next, and then Atlantica.

Bad Apple Wars (Vita) - Got through both of Shikishima's routes. Now I'm working on Satoru's routes. All the routes are actually pretty interesting since all the guys died in different time periods. Adds a nice layer of perspective to their deaths and possible revivals.

I think I'm gonna start up Persona 2: Innocent Sin tonight. Another year, another Persona game.

For some reason, I seem to keep running into easy dragons in Skyrim. Definitely a far cry from the first time playing, where I was getting killed in just about every random dragon encounter early on. Tonight's highlights:
1 - Proceeding south along the eastern border of Skyrim, shortly after arriving at the Lost Prospect mine I run afoul of a random Ancient Vampire and get killed. Repeatedly. Apparently it had already spawned by the time I autosaved. Fortunately, it hadn't seen me yet so I just ducked into the mine (and harvested mushrooms) until morning.

2 - Proceeding west along the southern border, after Froki's Shack I headed towards Arcwind Point, but ran afoul of two Snow Bears and had to retreat. I then decide to clear the nearby Autumnshade Tower (home to a dragon). Turns out it's a frost-breathing base level Dragon, and between my shield and boot enchantments I'm almost immune to Frost damage. We trade shots then it flies off and lands just behind the mountain (near Arcwind Point) and gets eaten alive by those snow bears. I run back up there and am able to take out the Snow Bears, then discover there's a Frost Dragon roosting up at Arcwind Point itself. Plus some definitely high-level Draugr (Wight, Scourge, Overlord) which are giving me enough trouble I outright ignore the dragon, and it helps because at point the Draugr and dragon start attacking each other.

3 - Turns out that a simple Lesser Ward is sufficient to block pretty much all kinds of dragonbreath. Who knew? I also now have a full trio of Hide Shields enchanted with 40% elemental resistance. Because I'm going to need good combined frost+shock resistance when I try to take down that vampire Movarth.

Sonic Forces: Made a dog avatar, and collected all the Red Star Rings and Countdown Rings, and collected a few of the Silver Moon Rings. Unfortunately, aside from the "Gain honours as X species" missions, the only in-game missions I still have to do are mostly the time attack missions. Now, some of these aren't that bad, Modern Sonic levels are ok, and Avatar stages are often manageable, but Classic Sonic. Dear god Classic Sonic. While he's already the least fun to play, his time attack missions are just brutal. Even his first level. How am I supposed to clear that in under a minute? And while (to my knowledge) there's no Playstation trophy for clearing every mission, there are trophies for collecting every clothing piece and Wispon. At least one of those are locked behind missions. So, since I have no patience for speedrunning to that extent, I'm probably just gonna finish up with Forces here. Honestly I figured that if I was ever going to score a Platinum Trophy it'd be with a Sonic Game, but I guess not.

Micro Machines World Series: Mum and dad bought this one themselves, and we booted it up to play, but apparently the only local multiplayer this game has is battle mode. I mean it's god damn Micro Machines! The Mega Drive was doing 8 players at once! Are you telling me that the PS4 is less capable than the Mega Drive? So when that fell through dad just handed me the controller and said go nuts. I mean, it's an ok game, but still, a racing game, with no local multiplayer for races. Surely there must be some kind of law against that.

Bad Apple Wars (Vita) - At the very end of Satoru's routes. Then I'm going to switch off to the white haired guy and then Alma.

Decided to skip on Olympus Coliseum for now because, at the time, I wasn't at the level for the first tournament. Then I tried to do Atlantica, which was... fine... I got stopped at the statue thingy because I don't have Magnet. So then I went to Agrabah, finished that, and headed back to Twilight Town and Hollow Bastion, as well as Space Paranoids. The Battle of 1000 Heartless was really fun. Then I stopped after landing in Port Royal again.

Space Empires V: A far more usual turn this time. I've decided that designating Harfang a mining colony doesn't make good sense, a) given how much mineral wealth is coming from Pellucida and b), considering that some of the worlds in Radnor are only fit for mineral mining. Instead I've decided to build just one mining facility there as an offset, and fill the majority of the space with research centres

Yooka-Laylee: Been having a right ball with this one. First off there's puns everywhere, from the snake named Trowzer to Yooka and Laylee's priate ship home being named "Bat Ship Crazy". The game itself is also super fun, I was promised Banjo Threeie and I am not disappointed. My only real complaints are that the camera's kinda trash, and the fall damage. Why even have it? Dying only respawns you at the last doorway you went through for no penalty, and the fall damage caps at 3 points of damage anyway, so unless you're in big trouble already there's literally no danger of dying, so why even have it? The fall itself should already be enough of a penalty in a platformer like this.
Either way, I've gotten the expanded Tribalstack Tropics and cleared a fair bit of it out, and I've unlocked Glittersomething Glacier, haven't done too much there, but I've at least bought both of the special moves unlocked there.

Back
Top Bottom