1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If your account is currently registered using an @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email address, you should change this to another email address. These providers have been rejecting all emails from @bulbagarden.net email addresses, preventing user registrations, and thread/conversation notifications. If you have been impacted by this issue and are currently having trouble logging into your account, please contact us via the link at the bottom right hand of the forum home, and we'll try to sort things out for you as soon as possible.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Bulbagarden has launched a new public Discord server. Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice

What video games are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Inc.' started by Misty, Sep 27, 2005.

1. dragon_nataku

dragon_nataku Vice-President in Charge of Volcanoes

Blog Posts:
    Now attempting to breed for shiny starters in Sun. Working on Popplio atm.

Was resetting for more event Rockruff on US. Next project is to move a bunch of Pokemon over from UM so I can have a full dex before even reaching the GameFreak building :ROFLMAO:

2. Beth Pavell

Beth Pavell Not as cute in person

Blog Posts:
    Space Empires V: I'm going to have to look at better minesweepers sooner rather than later. It looks like the whole Cue Cappa/Abiddon border is blocked by minefields, which I'm in no mood to tolerate. On the upside I reckon I'll have Point Defence Lvl 6 within two turns, which will mean I'll be able to turn my attention to decent light cruisers

3. CakeFairyForever

CakeFairyForever Hey Newbie

Blog Posts:
    Tokyo Tattoo Girls (Vita)
    Chaos Child (Vita)

4. RainbowSkittles

RainbowSkittles Taking Lessons in how to test Gravity

Blog Posts:
    TloZ BotW

Did random things and will be returning to focus on Mipha's and Revali's Champions Ballad quests tomorrow then hunt down all remaining Shrines and Side Quests before ending everything

5. Lone_Garurumon

Lone_Garurumon Best buds

Blog Posts:
    Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2: Just playing more sessions really. The Brothers Gnomus mystery portal event is ongoing at the moment though, so we played a few sessions of that, leaving me with 25 of the 50 Rainbow Stars I need to open the good chest, which apparently holds something cool.

Yooka Laylee: Beat Trev in the swamp level and expanded Glitterglaze Glacier, and then moved on to Capital Cashino. I'm not that big a fan of the level at the moment actually. Instead of Pagies, you get cashino chips for clearing challenges. 5 chips, with a 10 chip:1 Pagie conversion rate. It just feels kinda cheap and pointless. But the worst, the worst, part about this level is the boss. Like Trev, I can get to him in the un-expanded world, unlike Trev, he's a total dick to fight. First, I needed to clear the Kartos challenge for the world, which is annoying in its own right but then, immediately after, I'm thrown into the boss fight. Still riding Kartos. The most annoying part is that I.N.E.P.T is a fucking marathon. First up it's alternating between jumping bombs in Kartos, and some very specific shot timing to avoid damage. The first couple bombs are ok, regular pattern, not that hard to jump over. then it stops being regular. It stops being predictable. There will be bombs with longer spacing, there will be bombs with shorter spacing, there will be doubled up bombs, making the jump that much more precise. All of those will happen. you just don't know when. Add in Kartos' annoying controls, and you'll be getting hit a lot. And if you get hit too early into the bomb sequence, you won't even get the chance to shoot it, you'll need to start the bomb sequence again. Then he starts charging you repeatedly, and apparently there's a third phase, involving missiles. I have never seen it. And since all of this is happening while riding Kartos, you're trying to make the best of poor controls, and, since you're in Kartos, constantly moving on a track; no butterflies. I was trying to fight that thing for a good half hour. I still have not succeeded.

6. TeaWest

TeaWest Ghosts of Razgriz

Blog Posts:
    Still playing Xenoblade Chronicles X. Just finished chapter 7, closing in on around 30 hours. It's surprised me how much time I've spent in the game already!

7. Chibster

Chibster Cho-cobo choco-choco cho-cobo!

Blog Posts:
    Finished World of Final Fantasy (PS4) yesterday!

Tactician Karina likes this.
  8. The Light

The Light Eternal Kommissar

Blog Posts:
    Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix (HD II.5 ReMIX version):
    Finished off Terra's story, then completely cleared Ventus' first world.

9. Beth Pavell

Blog Posts:
    Space Empires V: Admittedly my plans are a little muddled at the moment - building the last lot of colony ships is the main thing, but next turn I shall put the Gyrfalcon Type 1's into production and double all squadron sizes. In research I'm going to take a brief break to mass-upgrade to Applied Research Lvl 3

10. Stratelier

Stratelier Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Raided a dungeon in Skyrim Switch last night. It was the Silver Hand camp in Gallows Rock. Although we killed everyone on the outside, once inside we simply breezed through it, picked locks, looted chests, and generally ran fast enough that none of the resident Silver Hands could keep up. Oh, and we also freed that one live werewolf from its prison cell to cause a distraction.

Fun times.

11. Isamu Akai

Isamu Akai You're stubborn

Blog Posts:
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - I'm fairly early at Uraya. I swapped Tora for Vandham to see what he's like, though I kinda wish I can swap back so I can have my dedicated Tank again... Also the XC Wikia is a godsend. I keep forgetting how things work.

12. The Light

Blog Posts:
    Still with Ventus, I headed all the way through Disney Town and Olympus Coliseum, bringing me to Deep Space next up.

13. Beth Pavell

Blog Posts:
    Breath of the Wild: After leaving my Switch fallow for this long I've picked up Zelda again. Headed down to the Harfin Valley to pinch a Frostspear off a Stalnox. Found a Korok along the way on the south side of Ibara Butte

14. CakeFairyForever

CakeFairyForever Hey Newbie

Blog Posts:
    Summon Night 6 (Vita) - I'm in chapter 5 I think? Going through all the sub event and then I'm going to grind for some skill points for a little bit before starting up the main scenario again. I hope there is a JP voice DLC for this. While some of the characters sound great some of them sound terrible.

15. Lone_Garurumon

Lone_Garurumon Best buds

Blog Posts:
    Yooka-Laylee: After about another 30 minutes of trying, I actually managed to beat I.N.E.P.T. Finished off some of the other challenges too while I was there. After that I went back to expand Moodymaze Marsh, and promptly 100%ed it, feeling rather good about that one. I then went back to expand Capital Cashino and finished up some more stuff in there. After that I opened up Galleon Galaxy, did what I could, and then expanded that place right up because damn that place is tiny when you first open it. Still only a little ways into it though. Apparently I have enough Pagies to go fight Capital B whenever I want though, so that's neat.

16. MegaPod

MegaPod Rounded Reptilian

Blog Posts:
    Pokémon Ultra Sun

I have proceeded to Royal Avenue

17. dragon_nataku

dragon_nataku Vice-President in Charge of Volcanoes

Blog Posts:
    Still being ridiculous about my US dex: still at the trainer's school, now at 54% dex completion :p

Thinking about getting back into Moon but not sure if there's a point if I finished UM.

18. Beth Pavell

Blog Posts:
    Space Empires V: I'm left debating the wisest course of action. I don't like the Abiddon Enclave and the Cue Cappa Commonwealth getting all chummy on my doorstep, especially now they seem to be enjoying laying minefields wherever they can. But I'm not in any position to conduct any fleet operations there yet, still being low on ships. On the other hand I don't want to commit all my resources to dealing with the Xiati. I think perhaps I ought to hold off till I've upgraded my Research Centres and weapon platforms empire-wide.

In any case at some point I need to order up more ships everywhere. Another nine Gyrfalcons would probably be best, along with two or three B-Series ready for when I need to bulldoze some mines away

19. Stratelier

Stratelier Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    In my current Skyrim Switch tales, Barbas made it to Haemar's Shame ahead of me, but I was able to take out most of the vampires without his help. (Aside: nothing says stealth like an opponent failing to notice the naked cat lady aiming a glowing magical bow at him from just 20 feet away.) In the final room, though, he was the one taking out all the vampires with hardly any help, even one Master Vampire (I chipped in a few arrows, but he had already done like 2/3 in damage).

Then while attempting to infiltrate the bandit fort at Treva's Watch, Barbas's lack of stealth meant that about halfway through we ended up fighting off like half the bandits in the fort at once. I counted the bodies afterwards: eight of them, all fought in just a hallway and its one adjoining room.

Unfortunately the game later froze and crashed -- however, unlike on the PS3, I was still able to menu out of the game and shut it down.

In other news, Pokemon Shuffle received an update major enough that I had to redownload it completely. The changes:
    - Ability to spend Jewels to skip the current Main stage & unlock the next
    - One-time "Trainer Rank" bonuses based on total # collected Pokemon
    - Daily login bonuses (in addition to the usual 500 Coins) featuring items
    - "Undo" button next to "Optimize" button, restores the previous team used when playing a given level
    - Various text fixes (ability descriptions, etc.)

#9719 Stratelier, Jan 14, 2018 at 12:55 AM
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 1:34 AM
  20. The Light

Blog Posts:
    Finished Ventus' story, then began Aqua. I just got up to and finished Radiant Garden with her.