• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • The forums' software will be updated on December 9th, 2019 and may be down for several hours to multiple days for this process. Thank you for your patience, we hope this update will improve your experience here.

Why not join us over on discord during the downtime?

What video games are you playing now?

I Stand Out
Reaction score
Sonic Mania: Played through a file as Tails, and either I'm getting better at these Special Stages or it's just pure dumb luck that I was able to get Super Tails before Studiopolis was over. I mean sure, dicking around with Debug Mode and learning where to find 11 Special Rings in the first 3 zones probably helped, but I've still never done that well before.

Digimon World Next Order: So, I finally decided to man up and explore Logic Volcano, and it turns out those Meteormon in the first area greatly overstate the volcano's difficulty level, I mean, I've gotta be prepared before I get into a fight with more than 1 or 2 Digimon at a time, and I've still gotta stay away from Meteormons and the Digimon at the Red House, Dragon's Trident, and Taomon's Meditation Place, but I'm able to just wander the rest of the place pretty well. So I took a look around, met some new Digimon for the city, and then finally went all the way in to go and see Taomon. Yeeaaahhhh, I seriously trained up way more than I needed for this. Birdramon, Meramon, Kyubimon, all of them went down in a couple of hits. I am glad that I trained up so much though, because pretty much immediately after that we detected another Machinedramon, and I was still on a power high from how easily I crushed Taomon's flunkies, so I just charged right on in there. I got beat down pretty bad. I eventually won, but I had to chew through a few items and pull an ExE to make it happen. So we brought back Shoutmon (who's voiced by his actual Fusion VA) and this Luche girl (whose voice I can already tell is going to infuriate me), and now Jijimon's got me out poking around for new Digimon for the city. I've picked up quite a few, and with 24 residents right now, I get the feeling that I'll just need to bring in one more to trigger the next story event. I think I know one that I can go to, and once I'm feeling comfortable bringing my Digimon back into Logic Volcano I'll go see him and see if he'll join up once I help him. Currently, Duke is an Ikkakumon, and Yamato is an AeroVeedramon.

Reaction score
In Rain World, I got stuck for awhile in the area called the 'Drainage System', at a shelter next to a giant chasm that drops down into a massive pool. The only way out was to swim. I learned a number of important things while dying nearly a dozen times, such as:
Swimming controls are a little weird; Slugcat swims fast but doesn't corner well.
You drown after about 7-10 seconds.
Water leeches won't kill you, directly, but they do hinder your movements and you will probably drown in the process.
Bomb bugs work great underwater.
I ultimately made it out the east end, which terminated in a Lv.1 gate PLUS nearby food and shelter. It leads out into ... the Garbage Wastes. Egh. I'm calling it a day for sure.

Space Wizard/ Dark Sorceress
Reaction score
Fire Emblem Fates- Birthright. I have Rhajat in my army now, and I'm pairing her with Dwyer.

Patron Saint of Nightmares
Reaction score
Ultra Moon, Gonna breed a few pokes.

Space Wizard/ Dark Sorceress
Reaction score
New Super Mario Bros. I'm still bad underwater levels.

Reaction score
Stardew Valley (PC) - Tried out some simple mods. Messed around in the mines and farmed up some materials for later.

Okami (PS4) - Had a power surge and hadn't saved so I had to redo the cat tower. Thankfully that was one of the easiest parts of the game.

Vice President in Charge of Volcanoes
Reaction score
Got back into Virtue's Last Reward. Finished the last ending I needed (Phi End), now doing whatever this thing is after that. Oh hello again, Akane, please go away. ^@[email protected]^;;

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Space Empires V: These new temporal yards are fantastic. Build times have been halved - I can actually have something like a B-Series 21 or an orbital dock finished in one turn if I rush it. I've got plans to build 25 assorted ships for the Royal Navy over the next year while I'm getting the research together to start looking at cruisers.

Merry Chrysalis
Reaction score
Pokémon Ultra Sun

Had my first run-in with Guzma, evolved my Beldum into Metang while training, and got via Wonder Trade a Beast Ball Grubbin, Friend Ball Bagon, and I think a totem-sized Raticate. Couldn’t really tell.

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
Still continuing with Breath of the Wild. Finished the second and third Divine Beast, so just one left now. Also

got the Master Sword. I thought it would be the one weapon in the game that doesn't break, but apparently not!

I'm thinking about going back to Fire Emblem. I have Fates (Conquest and Revelations) and Echoes: Shadows of Valentia which I still haven't finished. In fact, I can't remember if I ever finished Birthright, I just remember being near the end.

Reaction score
Started playing Ultra Sun again but I'm mostly focused on collecting BP points through Mantine Surf.

Reaction score
got the Master Sword. I thought it would be the one weapon in the game that doesn't break, but apparently not!
Yeah....
Instead, it's the one weapon that isn't removed from your inventory upon breaking. And in the long run it really doesn't require that long to recharge....

♡ mk. vier ♡
Reaction score
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (PS2)

Just started a new save file! I love the PS2 Castlevania games (though I do think the 2D Metroidvania ones are objectively better... but I stand by CoD and especially Lament of Innocence too).

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
Yeah....
Instead, it's the one weapon that isn't removed from your inventory upon breaking. And in the long run it really doesn't require that long to recharge....
Yeah, but I thought it would be permanent, like one you could always count on having and not have to worry about breaking, but with the recharge that's not quite true.

Not that it matters, I prefer using spears/halberds for their range, or two-handed weapons for their power. One-handed weapons don't really feel good to use in this game imo.

Princess of Love
Reaction score
Pokemon UM.
Think i might run a few tests with my vgc team against the tree now that i have 3 fake out users lol. Did some tests earlier but think i might try against the tree to get a feel for my shiny Intimidate Incineroar in with the team..
Will probably start breeding for the other HA shiny Starters at some point though..

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Space Empires V: The slightly crazed rush to build ships continues. I've added several more to the queue now the second batch of temporal yards are finished. This includes a replacement for HMS Thorias and HMS Zephyr - both lost in a planetstrike on Wanduk IIIA thanks to a miscalculated formation (Still entirely acceptable losses).

I've nearly hit Torpedo Weapons Lvl 11, which will bring quantum torpedoes - in the short run, I'll be able to upgrade the Gyrfalcon-class Destroyers to a significantly more powerful Mk III. Long-term this sets me up well for cruisers