• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • The forums' software will be updated on December 9th, 2019 and may be down for several hours to multiple days for this process. Thank you for your patience, we hope this update will improve your experience here.

Why not join us over on discord during the downtime?

What video games are you playing now?

Reaction score
I just picked up Night in the Woods for my Switch. I played it on PC focusing on Bea and now I'm going to replay all the stories plus the Weird Autumn Editions. I have a feeling this game is going to be like Okami where I just keep buying it for the current batch of systems I own.

Eh, I guess it doesn't have the same problems Okami did where each game felt like the ultimate version of it. PS2 for the true artistic intent and the amazing end credits. (It's been way oversaturated and the paper effect is barely there anymore. This actually hurts the visuals at points.) Wii had motion controls which almost worked perfectly. PS3 was HD. I don't own the PC version, but that's 4K. I need the switch release, though. I hope to finally have touch controls in handheld mode so it can register my circles.

Previously known as 'Isamu Akai'
Reaction score
Breath of the Wild - Finished the last of the DLC shrines, and defeated the phantom Thunderblight Ganon.

Thimbleweed Park (Switch) - So in spite of my grievances with the ending, I decided to play it again in "hard" mode. I played it previously in casual mode, which had reduced a number of puzzles. This new playthrough makes for a little refreshing experience. I'm not confident that the plot or ending will be much different though.

Reaction score
Ni No Kuni II (PS4) - Sitting at a level 60 team and almost at 90 citizens. I should probably go ahead and finish the last story chapter but I'm SO freaking close to having all the side quests done.

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Space Empires V: The final ship for Battlefleet Green (Sinister) is done, so that leaves a hard countdown of turns till the attack on Klaestron. HMS Farnsworth and Brannigan are picking up the new troops for this purpose, and the (Dexter) battlefleet is assembling to deal with any retaliation.

Some new tech from the Eee gives cause for experimentation - Medium Satellites Lvl 1 and Fighters Lvl 4. I think I may start launching defensive satellite rings soon. Deciding on a new carrier design I like may be trickier

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Space Empires V: I've had enough with planetstrikes in Wanduk - Nova Terra can turn out a colony ship each turn, so there's no need for fiddling planetstrikes on colonies that aren't all that valuable intact. Time to clear away the Xiati and consolidate my gains.

I ought to order a refit for HMS Tercio and a wing of Hawkers if I'm to successfully attack Klaestron

Reaction score
Still MH4U. Banged my head against Teostra (G-rank) a few times -- still no victories, then for a change of pace did other grinding on quests. At least the hunting still has its highlights ... too bad I can't post them (because no Miiverse).

Outlaws for Life
Reaction score
Steins;Gate. Finally picked it up again after holding it off for almost a year. I'm only up to the end of Chapter 1, but I'm tempted to start from the beginning again.

Last edited:
I Stand Out
Reaction score
Steven Universe: Save the Light: Runnin' around in the forest looking for the gem who took Light Steven, just had Pearl come through the warp pad. But man these enemies are damage curving like crazy. I've been able to keep the team's HP up with Greg on a heal jam, but these guys are hitting hard. I might wind up needing to keep Greg in the party at all times just for that healing, along with Fam' Jam with Steven.

Reaction score
Ni No Kuni II (PS4) - Finished the game at around level 64? Up to 90 citizens and half the higgledie stones appeased. There isn't a good guide online yet so I cant finish all the extra stuff until the guide eventually releases.

Hakuoki Edo Blossoms (Vita) - Went through and got Yamazaki's good ending and now I'm working on Nagakura's good ending. After all the good endings Ill go get get the other 3 endings for everyone. These routes are short and could have totally been included with Kyoto Winds. I know that would have bumped up the ending count to like 96? but these routes are just a little too short for their own game.

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
Steamworld Dig. It's actually really fun, enjoying it a lot. Will definitely play the sequel once I finish it.

Vice President in Charge of Volcanoes
Reaction score
Far Cry 5. I found my bow! Yay~ I have very limited ammo for it though :( Broke my first shovel, found a new one, blew up a thing, keep forgetting this isn't Primal so I can't just bash people to death cause I'll get shot in the face, and fell out of a few trees (one I flung myself out of on purpose). I'm still on Dutch's island screwing around but it's fun. :D I do miss my owl from Primal though :\

Reaction score
Hakuoki Edo Blossoms (Vita) - Finished up Nagakura's good route and finished Sanan's route. Now I'm working on Souma.

I'm back for you, Star Fox.
Reaction score
BotW, looking for leviathan bones in the Hebra region and so far met with no luck. I'll be starting up my next run of Ultra Moon hopefully soon.

Space Wizard/ Dark Sorceress
Reaction score
Fantasy Life. Working my skill as a Hunter now.

Reaction score
BotW, looking for leviathan bones in the Hebra region and so far met with no luck. I'll be starting up my next run of Ultra Moon hopefully soon.
Yeah, that one's hard to find. Hint: It's close to a shrine. And like the other two, it's near the edge of the map.

I'm back for you, Star Fox.
Reaction score
Yeah, that one's hard to find. Hint: It's close to a shrine. And like the other two, it's near the edge of the map.
Would it by any chance be the shrine at the very north-western corner of the map? Because I didn't see anything there.

I would just Google it but that's cheating lol

Reaction score
Would it by any chance be the shrine at the very north-western corner of the map? Because I didn't see anything there.
No, there's another shrine nearby, though it may be tricky to find. The strength of your radar ping is based on how closely your current direction of movement 'points' to the shrine's location ... in three dimensions. For example, if you're getting somewhat weak readings while gliding over the area but drop the glider and fall and suddenly get a high ping, it means the shrine is literally straight down from you.

I Stand Out
Reaction score
Pokken DX: Just some casual games with my bro. Discovered that I very much enjoy playing Aegislash, and that speed types are pure evil for their ability to string you into extended combos that you will not break out of, letting them sweep an entire team battle with little to no damage.

Steven Universe Attack the Light: Beat The Insectisaw, upgraded Steven's shield at the forge, and headed a little way in to the snow. We very nearly didn't beat The Insectisaw. I think my problem was fusing into Stevonnie way too early in the fight, which left me without Steven as a healer. It wasn't that bad, since Stevonnie could bubble both teammates at once, but the lack of healing still really hurt. We wound up with literally every party member except Connie knocked out (leaving us without access to the Cheeseburger Backpack), and even Connie was on her last legs. I was luckily just able to whack it with Connie enough before she got wiped out too. Speaking of Connie, she seems to be the cause of a few softlocks. Twice now the game has just casually softlocked on me after... Something happened with Connie's sword swing. I have a theory that it might have something to do with her taking damage from hitting a spiky enemy, but I'm not 100% sure.