• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

What video games are you playing now?

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Space Empires V: It was a bit of a gamble, but an attack on Klaestron III was successful. I lost HMS Double Rose in the process, but it's cut the Abiddon off from their own resources in the system. That being done, I'm considering Operation Keyhole a success, and withdrawing the fleet for full modernisation. Modernisation is the next plan in general - I especially want Battlefleet Blue brought up to date.

It's obvious now that my radioactives problems are not going to go away. It looks like I shall have to do a really thorough upgrade if I'm going to want to do full fleet refits soon, not least because I want to upgrade all orbital docks next turn as well. To tide the treasury over I'm ordering the construction of new R-Series asteroid miners. Usually they would be little more than a waste, but now I really do need resources for refit rather than upkeep

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
Guacamelee. Loving it so far, but playing it on a keyboard makes it a bit more challenging since I'm not usually a keyboard gamer, much prefer a controller. Might have to buy one for PC.

Lady Lugia
Reaction score
Currently working on Stardew Valley, Pokemon Silver, Animal Crossing and Persona 5.

Merry Chrysalis
Reaction score
Pokémon Ultra Sun

Wonder Traded away some Luvdisc I had accumulated during my prior Clamperl search, and one of the Pokémon I got in return was a friggin’ Volcanion!! :eek:

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Space Empires V: Modernisation is going to be a bit of a struggle. For Battlefleet Blue it's less of an issue than I expected, since the Sinister half of the battlefleet will return to Anvard after the Dexter half has finished refitting. I still need more support ships there, not least a proper planetary assault squadron. I might build them at the various Lyrae yards. Battlefleet Green is having a harder time. The cruisers will have to wait, no question. Realistically I think I shall also have to scrap any ideas of a planetstrike on Galgamis I for the meantime, now the Abiddon have started laying mines in Klaestron.

At least I've been able to afford to upgrade another quarter of the weapon platforms. With Applied Research Lvl 4 and Radioactives Extraction Lvl 6 around the corner I'd like to get this done and out of the way

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Space Empires V: I can't help but think these are mad times. On the plus side, Battlefleet Blue (Sinister) conducted a textbook planetstrike on Hesperos III. Nine Nova Terra warships deployed, all fifteen Cue Cappa ships destroyed for no losses. This does leave me with an odd strategic consideration. When I bring colonists to Hesperos III the colony will lose 75% of its facilities due to becoming domed, while Hesperos IV has no such issue. IV is defended by a pretty well-designed weapon platform ... so I'm thinking it would be best to have the natives on III build an I-Series Type 2, and use cloaking to get close enough to strike IV.

Refitting Battlefleet Blue (Dexter) is going well, at least. Battlefleet Green is in orbit around Port Lindsay, all 35 ships. That's quite a sight, even if I am simply ordering a refit of as many as I can afford and worrying about time considerations later.

Just round the corner is an absolutely mega upgrade. The radioactives are trickling in faster than I expected now construction costs for weapon platforms are becoming maintenance costs. Even so, within the same breath I'm looking art improved research, mining, and refining capabilities across the entire Commonwealth

Reaction score
Still doing optional quests to (mentally) prepare for another few rounds against MH Generation's final boss. (They should really add Prowler as DLC for Monster Hunter World.)

"Three Hour Tour" - take down a Khezu, Zamtrios, and Gammoth. (Fortunately they are all weak to Fire.) Khezu was annoying as usual, and took a little on the long side to defeat, but Zamtrios turned out to be barely even a threat. Weird. And Gammoth put up a good fight, but we hung in there and took the beast down. Lost a few Acorns along the way but didn't cart.

Patron Saint of Nightmares
Reaction score
Pokemon Crystal. I tried shiny hunting for a dizzy punch Cleffa but gave up. So I have a regular Cleffa and I'm gonna challenge Whitney soon.

Merry Chrysalis
Reaction score
Pokémon Ultra Sun

I was checking the GTS for Corphish and discovered a shiny one was being offered. One convoluted string of trades later, I finally have her!!

Reaction score
Story of Seasons Trio of Towns

Ronald has gone from crawling to semi walking but the sad side also revealed itself with the death of one of my many cows(R.I.P Houki) :(

♡ mk. vier ♡
Reaction score
Splatoon 2
Waiting for Salmon Run to start in a few minutes! Looks like it'll be a good rotation too weapon-wise, and I'm always a fan of having a mystery weapon in the set. it's also not Spawning Grounds for the map, which is an immediate plus as well

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
Finished up Guacamelee and moved onto Hollow Knight. I was waiting for the Switch version of Hollow Knight, but that might not be here for months. So now I have a controller that works with PC I just bought it on PC instead. It's a great game so far, really feeling those Metroid and Dark Souls inspirations coming through.

Reaction score
Fire Emblem Awakening - Remembered a file I started and never finished. The goal was to shake up my usual parent combo for the 2nd generation that I normally go with. I think I Laurent was the last one I needed. Now I'm just working away at all the support conversations between everyone.

Okami (PS4) - AHHHH! I forgot I left off at the part where I have to catch the giant fish on that island in the ocean. I hate fishing not matter the game its in.:cry:

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Space Empires V: Trying to capture Hesperos IV is going to be quite the logistical challenge. I think the best option will be to have Sarah bring in colonists from Elysia and perhaps have her pick up some more troops from Anvard, since I'm not convinced those old Wolfcub Mk1s are really up to the task by themselves. That's going to take a while, so in the meantime I'll have a space port built on Hesperos III then an I-Series type 2 for the actual planetstrike.

It may soon be time to bring in the cruiser squadron from Toobin. Having taken a closer look at Abiddon fleets, twenty ships are on the small side and unsuitable for a real fleet action - once Battlefleet Blue Dexter is finished in Anvard I could conceivably bring them into the system and attempt an attack. The other twenty are somewhat more modern. I could attack in full battlefleet strength and probably win, but I'm wary about losing too many ships if the cruisers aren't there to reinforce.

Upgrades across the Commonwealth have stalled any ship construction, which is ok. It would be nice to have Battlefleet Green finished faster, but Klaestron will be a long siege anyway, so the point is probably moot. There is some real progress insofar as I have signed a new treaty with the Dafumah, which will give me access to a total of eight new planets

Reaction score
Hakuoki Edo Blossom (Vita) - Finally hit the half way mark on all the "other" endings.

Horizon Zero Dawn - A buddy let me borrow their copy. Hoping I enjoy it.