• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • AussieEevee trains in the Bellsprout Tower on his journey through Johto. Watch as he ascends to the next level here.

What video games are you playing now?

Reaction score
Hitting another progress wall in La-Mulana. Have to take a break to recharge my mental batteries ... (still haven't consulted the Internet though!)
I'd forgotten about those teleporters in the Chamber of Birth. Now we've acquired the woman statue, completed its little chain of events to get the Philosopher's Ocarina (of which we've found three). But, naturally, we're stuck again. I haven't unlocked the ankh to actually summon Palenque for the boss battle, nor have I made it to the Chamber of Birth checkpoint. (I did get the Map though!) Not to mention I need the "golden key" from the midboss Skanda, but I haven't found how to access him yet (despite some sequence breaks, like knowing where to do the "dance of life" earlier than I have the proper clue for).

Right now, everything seems to hinge on finding the "Crystal Skull" artifact which primarily unlocks the entrance to Tiamat's domain (the Dimensional Corridor) but is also needed to solve at least two more puzzles in Chamber of Birth.

Last edited:
Merry Chrysalis
Reaction score
Pokémon Ultra Sun

After a long hiatus, I went ahead and had a Title Defense match against Plumeria. Turns out my slightly underleveled shiny Stunfisk did really well against both Toxapex and Salazzle, even without a Ground type move (but with a Roto HP Restore thrown in). Then I started the Rainbow Rocket episode. Just finished the Faba battle, in which my Glalie whittled his way through Faba’s Psychic-types before allowing Dhelmise to take over and stomp the Employee’s team into the ground. Fun stuff.

Oh yeah, and I caught Tapu Fini before the Rocket thing. That too.

Extinct (but still Killer!)
Reaction score
Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Collection (plus a crapload of mods): Trying to figure out what my next zoo should be, possibly for YouTube.

powered by the sun ☀️
Reaction score
Pokémon Ultra Moon, Style Savvy Styling Star, Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology, The Alliance Alive.
I jump between them.

I will burn my dread!
Reaction score
I cannot put Fallout 3 down, it’s so stupidly fun. I don’t get it! The shooting is bad, the dialog is cheesy, and I regularly get subjected to glitches and crashes, but something about the game is addicting. Maybe the appeal is seeing how this first-person open-world game with guns can still unquestionably be an RPG.

However, it’s October, so I need to play some spooky games. Tonight I’ll start either Doom 3, Resident Evil: Revelations, or Silent Hill 3.

Reaction score
Welp, after several hours of fruitless wandering (not aimless, just fruitless) I gave up and had to consult a guide in La Mulana. Naturally, I might have read more than I needed to, but most of it was stuff I'd already done, so....
Turns out there were TWO roadblocks to my progress. First, I'd completely forgotten about how the Endless Corridor connects to an isolated room in the Shrine of the Mother and how talking to one of the Philosophers (which I'd already done) unlocks it. THAT's where you find the final wall seal (the Death seal) plus the final rosetta stone needed to translate the very ancient glyphs found in the game's latter half.

But the bigger problem was the room was blocked by piles of skulls so I couldn't actually DO anything while there. Turns out I never actually found the "Big Brother's shop" in the Twin Labyrinths, which sells the "Dragon Bone" artifact needed to remove said obstacles from the Shrine. Apparently the way to unlock it is you have to buy things at Little Brother's ship until he declares you a valued customer and unlocks his brother's shop. Knowing my playstyle, I'd never have figured that out on my own!

The Dragon Bone is also needed for a series of MacGuffin checkpoints in the Chamber of Birth, (presumably) on the path to the midboss Skalda, which gives me the item I need to unlock the Palenque boss battle, plus several relatively isolated sections of the ruins.

Prime Minister of Shoyo 昇陽国内閣総理大臣
Reaction score
Will be continuing Persona 3 Portable soon! I'm currently just before the Golden Week in May 2009.

I will burn my dread!
Reaction score
@henrymidfields; Personally I think Persona 3 is leaps and bounds better than 4, so let me know how it goes for you! That game is like magic to me.

As for me, I started Doom 3 as I said I would. I should mention I’m playing the BFG Edition, which allows you to use a flashlight and a weapon at the same time. I’ve said before how silly I find it when a video game’s idea of “the dead of the night” just looks like a mild overcast, but the darkness in Doom 3 is actually pitch-black, and there’s a lot of it. You can very easily find yourself in a spot where you can’t see a single thing except some glowy parts on your weapon, it’s nuts. That said, I can’t imagine how frustrating it must have been to play the original version where you have to switch between your flashlight or your weapons. Not interested in playing that version, thanks.

Merry Chrysalis
Reaction score
Minecraft

I built a Stone Ax and took some swings at a shipwreck near my mountain, where I dropped and subsequently reclaimed a bunch of items, and got some neat treasures, including Carrots, enchanted Leggings, and a Clock. I also died a bunch of times. Perhaps I shouldn’t have tried to fight a Witch unarmed.

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Space Empires V: Finally getting some movement going with the fleets - Quikil is still stalled by the need to reinforce, but in Cribit I've moved the siege fleets in to start poking holes in the defences, starting with a planetstrike on Cribit XII next turn. In Hesperos Battlefleet Blue won a crushing victory over that Abiddon fleet I've been eyeing for so many turns. The destroyer HMS Sirocco and cruiser HMS Pellucida took the worst of the enemy fire and will need to be replaced, but I can put up with that. With a little scouting I've found the other major Abiddon fleet at anchor in neighbouring Gergan. Three battleships is a thorny prospect, but I'm wondering whether attacking with volleys of ordnance at maximum range would work.

Long-term construction plans are to strengthen the defences around the warp points, now I can afford the upkeep. New quantum engines next turn means some major redesigns, but I'll hold off refits till the orbital docks can be upgraded

Reaction score
Detroit Become Human (PS4) - FINALLY had the time to sit down and start this one! Loving it so far and Im still pretty early in.

Maple Story 2 - Decided to try and relive some nostalgia with this one and surprisingly Im having a good time. Im a level 16 wizard right now.

Reaction score
Heading back in to Undertale one more time ... this time seeking things I haven't seen before. Like what the dogs say if you end their battle using the Stick (Doggo's response was hilarious). I also actually defeated Glyde this time. Next on the list is So Sorry, the rarest monster in that you can literally only encounter him one day a year -- which just happens to be coming up this week (Wednesday, I think?) .

Also, gave the Mega Man 11 demo another shot. Man, that level feels long. Block Man was full of surprises, too. Had to set the difficulty from "normal" to "casual" (more checkpoints and lives) but by then I had most of the stage already figured out, and was able to spend a lot more time learning Block Man's patterns. Eventually, he went down.

Last edited: