• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Well, after a few hecks of a hunt against a Gravios and Glavenus tag-team, followed by a Duramboros+Agnaktor arena battle, I've finally unlocked the final boss of MHGU. Named Ahtal-Ka, with a big "?" as its monster icon. I already have some idea what it looks like, and what it fights like, and that a team of four (even cats) can take it down in record time. Otherwise, I don't really know what to expect.

Freedom Planet: Finished Carol's game, didn't game over once. She is actually a surprisingly capable demon to beat those last few bosses with. Started on Milla's game, and she... Boy howdy she's gonna be a trip, and I get the feeling I'm not gonna enjoy using her.

Terraria: Just generally workin' on gettin' them hardmode ores. Got Mythril armour goin' and got one piece of Adamantite headwear.

More My Hero One's Justice online battles and doing training mode on the side, mainly for characters I don't use too often. Been training with Fumikage Tokoyami, Tsuyu Asui, and Momo Yaoyorozu mostly since I'm thinking of using them in an online match sometime once I get better used to them (outside of the occasional CPU battles); will also do the same for other characters (that aren't Shoto, Denki, and Inasa). Also please add in someone from Class 1-B as DLC like Neito Monoma, Itsuka Kendo, Ibara Shiozaki, Pony Tsunotori, or Shihai Kuroiro since they're my favs from that bunch

Okay, it took three tries, but we beat Ahtal-Ka in Generations Ultimate. Wow, that was crazy. Also, I apparently shouldn't have brought a Fire weapon (next time I'm using Thunder for sure, and maybe we can beat it <30min instead of <40.)

Space Empires V: Goldrush has officially begun with Battlefleet Blue (Siege) moving into Castor. The first target will be Castor III, which ought to be a relatively simple assault, during which time I can build more drones in Hesperos. Spica IVA is now under my control - it seems the Cue Cappa fleet are bound for their wars with the Drushocka, because they've moved into neighbouring Quilktrin. I wonder whether a quick planetstrike on an opportune target might give me the foothold I'm after.

Siege operations in Quikil will recommence soon, with HMS Condor en-route. Once it arrives at Incunanbla I'll unleash all the siege drones, including an experimental AUTO-Siege type 4 - in theory disposable drones meant to do nothing more than burn through planetary shields

Just finished Mega Man X6, Nightmare Mother is just the worst when you're trying to survive and the road to that boss is only possible with X using the Shadow Armor or with Zero. Not only that, but that boss is just so random when it comes to the placement, in fact, I had an easier time against Sigma, and that's saying a lot. If you're playing as Zero, make sure to have Shock Buffer equipped along with having both Sub Tanks with you.

I gave "Paladins" (Switch) a try, seems okay. Maybe if I play a little more, I'll get better at it.

Pokémon Ultra Sun

I enlisted my Primarina, Xurkitree, Yveltal, Lunala, Dhelmise, and Golisopod in the 2018 competition and battled for a good while. Yveltal and Dhelmise make a good starting pair; Yveltal can set up Tailwind while Dhelmise attacks the opposition with Earthquake. I also evolved a Tyrogue I hatched into a Hitmonlee! He is Adamant in nature, but I had to use the Power Bracer to give his Attack stat a bigger boost because he apparently has better Defense IVs than Attack IVs.

Space Empires V: I think it's time to completely revise my approach to conducting sieges. It's clear that I need to treat the siege fleets like main battlegroups, not auxiliaries. To that end I'm going to expand the core of all the fleets to twelve cruisers - six Vulture-class Type 1s, six Type 2s. The Type 2 will be armed with smart bombs to target weapon platforms specifically. The AUTO-Siege drones aren't working either, so I'll start building AUTO-Patrol drones to fill the same role instead.

So either way the shipyards will be constantly busy. The aim is to keep a constant stream of ships and drones coming, especially to support Operation Goldrush, to minimise the amount of time spent between sieges. I hope the second planetstrike on Cribit I goes well, to keep the momentum going even when construction demands are slowing operations down

Space Empires V: Quikil is finally mine! The initial assault proved that the AUTO-Siege Type 1s are unfit for purpose, but it did clear the way enough for Battlefleet Green (Siege) to flatten the planet. HMS Condor seems to have been a key factor in the victory. Once repairs are complete - next turn, most likely - I'll start probing the defences of Decatur. More drones will be arriving soon, so hopefully a full siege can continue soon.

Operation Goldrush has withdrawn slightly to do a swift refit. Yameena and Yasmin are both on hand along with half of Battlefleet Blue's E- and O-Series ships, so that ought to be done by next turn. More drones, and more ships, on the way as well, so I shall likely select Castor VIII as the next target. The plan is still to keep looking for targets of opportunity. To that end I've ordered Sophia to pick up colonists from Nova Terra before heading out to Spica, in order to free up the army occupying the planet.

So all in all, the campaigns aren't going as quickly as I'd hope. But on the other hand, new technology has allowed me to do a mass upgrade of weapon platforms. Better point-defence blasters means I now have significant spare space on my cruiser designs (I'm tempted to simply add a third shield generator and strengthen the armour).

I have one thing to say... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WE DID IT! HECK YEAH!

...Ahem, as for why I'm so excited, I finally managed to complete my first run of Enter the Gungeon... I thought it was going to be a miserable failure when I traded away the Convict's starting shotgun and some other weak gun for a Peashooter of all things, but somehow an overpowered build managed to rise from the ashes. Specificly...
Now, the same floor I made that silly trade (I think), I also happened to make a gamble on the Battle Standard, which paid off hansomly as, by the end of the run, I'd obtained a Pig and a Baby Good Mimic (which became another Pig), basically giving me two extra health bars (which might not sound like much with only 4 hearts, but it was pretty unlikely I was going to die), a Super Space Turtle and a Space Friend, and I even managed to stumble on a certain piece of sentient Junk (and had a decent amount of regular Junk to upgrade it), giving me a pretty good non-gun output, boosted even further by that Standard.

Though, while my gun-related output was fairly average, over the course of the run I didmanage to find a few pretty good ones - the Fossilized Gun was pretty good at clearing out rooms (even if it occasionally almost killed me), the Regular and Void Shotguns are some pretty good ones to have, though the star of the show would have to be the Heroine, which was a pretty good way to take out a tough enemy when entering a room or deal a lot of damage to a boss after they're done spamming. Especially with the item combination of Daruma, Macho Brace and Gunboots - the latter didn't really come into play much, but the other two were pretty effective, even if I stupidly got rid of the Daruma for a Reloadstone, but still.

Also, the synergy with the Pig and the Heroine was pretty cool, even if I didn't make the best use of it during the actual final fight.

Freedom Planet: Finished Milla's story, and I'm honestly kinda disappointed with how things played out. I was hoping for a bit of context for that boss battle, given that I'm now seeing things from her perspective, but no. Absolutely no context for her or Serpentine's random transformations. Honestly Milla's story didn't really expand on anything. We know nothing more about her after her story than we would if we'd only played Lilac's story. I did make enough achievements to score the Planetary Pants of Freedom though, so I'm reasonably happy with where I left off.

Terraria: Finally put together a set of adamantite armour, and blasted The Twins into next week. Man it's good to be a mage.

Breath of the Wild: finished exploring Faron, and now I've started on East Necluda. According to the sign there's a village out here. I honestly thoughts there'd be no more of those left in Hyrule once I got through all the Divine Beast stuff.

New Gundam Breaker: Played through Shion's story, and I must say, that was delightfully absurd. I've also discovered the extra missions, one of which contains Sana piloting an Epyon that I can beat the shit out of for parts. So I think I'm gonna be grinding on that one a little.

Still more online battles in My Hero One's Justice, got around to using Momo Yaoyorozu more in those matches since I've gotten better with her. Working on the other characters still though, I think tonight I'll use either Izuku Midoriya or Dabi for a few matches.

Also replaying Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, I'm gonna do some different classes for the villagers Kliff, Gray, Tobin, and even Faye this time, same with Atlas for Celica's route. Going for Mercenary with Kliff (I've actually used all options for him in each replays since he's pretty good in all of them), Cavalier with Gray (I actually haven't used this class for him yet surprisingly), Mage with Tobin (another one I haven't used for this character though I've wanted too), Pegasus Knight for Faye (I almost never recruit her in both routes, when I did for Alm I put her in the Cleric class), and for Atlas since he's pretty much meh to bad regardless of class I'm going for Archer this time (though Mercenary fixes his stats somewhat at least but he comes in a bit too late sadly for me to use him that often). Also going to see how I fare in Thabes Labyrinth this time with these promotions.

F-Zero GX because of the awesome new arrangement of Sand Ocean in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Not much to say besides that I keep bumping into walls when power sliding and am trying to get used to pressing A and X simultaneously for boosting when possible.

Back
Top Bottom