• Another exciting episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

What video games are you playing now?

Tactician Karina

mains Joker's Crow alt
Reaction score
Taking a bit of a break from Super Smash Bros. Ultimate after I did the Fire Emblem spirit event.

Currently playing some more online for My Hero One's Justice on the Switch, I've now been using Tomura Shigaraki and he's alright I guess. I haven't been pulling too many favorable results with him so I might use him in training mode for a while, I think I'll go back to Shoto for the time being and maybe use Momo more too.

prog rocker

Reaction score
Indie Pogo. Doesn't help that I'm playing with a broken controller where start doesn't work and the attack button gets stuck sometimes. Two more days and I'll get a new controller...

EDIT: I just realized that my comment makes it seem that I hate the game. I do like the game, but I'm kinda frustrated playing with a broken controller.

Last edited:

Stratelier

Reaction score
I've apparently unlocked all the fighters in Smash Ultimate (Mewtwo was my last unlock). I was a little incredulous about it, but turns out that Mii fighters don't have a Classic route at all, and don't even show up on the roster until you've created one to use. Nonetheless, 71 characters available for Classic Mode, out of 74 total (as judged by the Fighter Tips screen, which shows the full roster regardless of who's actually unlocked).

Tactician Karina

mains Joker's Crow alt
Reaction score
Started a new save file on Disgaea 5 Complete on the Switch, the first one being my brother's so this file will exclusively be mine. Will do more stuff on it later tonight though.

My Hero One's Justice Switch version, more online battles again. Went back to using Shoto and Denki again while using Momo on the side every once in a while; sometimes just having her as one of the sidekicks instead along with Izuku.

I got Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk for the Switch as a gift from my parents today, I like dungeon crawling games so this will be fun! Going to start it sometime tonight as well after a bit of Disgaea.

My brother got both Let's Go! Eevee and Pikachu from our parents as a gift since he's been wanting to get back into Pokémon again. He's asked me to play them with him so I might do that a bit tomorrow.

Juliko

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
Just finished Cat Quest on my Switch (Seriously, SO MUCH better and easier to control than the Steam version!!!) and am gonna finish Night In The Woods later. I'm also currently going through Atelier Ayesha again.

MegaPod

Myrmeleontidae Palpitations
Reaction score
I got the Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga remake for Christmas, and I love it so far. I’ve just beaten Tolstar.

Lone_Garurumon

Pleeeeease?
Reaction score
Smash Ultimate: Finished World of Light. And oh my fucking god that was amazing.
Like, not even the final fight (though that is awesome). I lost my shit when I realised that I was Master Hand in the penultimate sequence.
Incineroar, Sonic, and Bayonetta, saviours of the multiverse.

Dragonball FighterZ: Got through the first few maps of story mode. Pretty fun so far, and I like how, rather than making an excuse to keep Goku/Gohan out of the fight until the others have had some screentime, the story actually makes up an excuse to keep Goku on the front lines, by explicitly placing everyone on a roughly even power level.

Beth Pavell

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Space Empires V: Iridia VI is now mine - and will need some remodelling. Among other things, a space port and resupply depot, weapon platforms, and at some point a proper temporal space yard. That's the first objective of Goldrush complete. Next turn I shall start the attack on Castor IV to move the other objective along. Likewise HMS Rainbow ought to be repaired next turn, ready for an attack on Cribit II. Unfortunately Decatur II is just too strong to attack without a lot more reinforcement, so that's stalled.

Liam refuses to cease his attacks on the Xi'Chung, which is good enough reason to remind him that even superpowers need to watch their back. Battlefleet Red (Dexter) warped through from Regotha to find neighbouring Tarquin very vulnerable. I'd like to destroy his fleet at anchor - about thirty ships, a couple of cruisers and a battleship among many torpedo destroyers - but unless I can manage a stealth approach it would be a stalemate.

I didn't much like the build-up of Norak Continuum ships in Quilktrin. A fleet assembled just off the Quilktrin-Spica warp point presented a good target of opportunity - Battlefleet Blue (Dexter) engaged and annihilated it. Almost thirty Norak ships destroyed, including two cruisers and two carriers, for no losses.

RetroPokeFan

Reaction score
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 which I've finished the main story clocking in at around 90 hours and now mostly doing the Challenge Mode content and Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance on the 2.8 What's It Called Again collection.

Tactician Karina

mains Joker's Crow alt
Reaction score
Currently focusing on doing more of Disgaea 5 Complete on my personal file. Went ahead and got Laharl and co. before I continue on with the story. Also got Girl Laharl, Nisa, and Metallia cause why not. Will probably get the other characters from other installments a bit later.

TeaWest

My face when I see some chocolate
Reaction score
I've been playing a ton of FFX lately. It's one of my favorite games of all time, and this will be my third time playing it, and I haven't played it in almost 10 years so it's been fun to revisit. I'm trying to see if I can get the platinum for this game without using a guide and only relying on my memory of the game. I still need to find 5 more Al Bhed Primers :(

I just got through Zanarkand and defeated Yunalesca. I've been using the expert sphere grid on PS4 which has allowed me to do some interesting changes to how I develop my characters. I need to go back to Bevelle now, but I wanted to do some side quest stuff done first. I just made my blitzball team and scored Attack Reels for Wakka :)

Juliko

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
Just finished Atelier Ayesha. Managed to get Keith's ending on my first run, surprisingly enough. Also managed to unlock Regina's as well. Gonna do a second playthrough later with the Japanese voices.

Fatima Shadow Frost Witch

Reaction score
Persona 5

Done with all the Palaces and just biding my time until Shido's change of heart then Yadalbaoth then true ending before ng+

Lone_Garurumon

Pleeeeease?
Reaction score
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory: Just playin' through the game, running a few Digimon all over the evolution web for all the attack attributes and a maxed out ABI score. I'm up to chapter 17 by now, so I won't be able to use the lower stage Digimon for much longer lest I get my ass absolutely handed to me.

New Gundam Breaker: Finished Ryoko's story, and I liked how different it was from the other stories. Next up is Recoco's story and I've finished every story there is to finish.

Dragonball FighterZ: Gotten further through the story.
Met Android 21, I would like to kill her slowly and painfully for destroying 16. I did get some sweet, sweet catharsis when I suddenly got linked with Cell and got to beat the everloving shit out of her. Completely honest though, I hate how Yamcha, Buu, Tien, Gohan, and Gotenks were all found in skippable fights. Because it means that only Goku, Krillin, Piccolo, and Vegeta are able to appear in story cutscenes, because the game doesn't know if you have the other fighters or not. I honestly would've preferred a slower pacing at the start to put everyone's recovery after a boss stage so more characters could pop into the story.