• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

What video games are you playing now?

Stratelier

Reaction score
At the local game store they have SMB3 running on an NES. The control pad is definitely worn, but I decided to play through it. Beat absolutely every level and saved that princess in roughly 2.5 hours.

prog rocker

Reaction score
At the local game store they have SMB3 running on an NES. The control pad is definitely worn, but I decided to play through it. Beat absolutely every level and saved that princess in roughly 2.5 hours.
Did you use the flute, by any chance?

Lylian

Space Wizard/ Dark Sorceress
Reaction score
Pokemon Ultra Moon. The last Totem Pokemon is annoying.

Stratelier

Reaction score
Local game shop did a Smash Ultimate friendlies tournament tonight. (One of the guys working there wants to do this on a regular basis, but he needs more practice building a proper bracket.) Among the players we had a Young Link main, Samus main, Greninja main, Roy main ... and I picked a different character every match. Everybody had at least one painful SD somewhere, like using an Up+B in the wrong direction or aerial dodge at the wrong time....
For my first round, my Lucario vs. Bowser. A very close match, but I managed ot win somehow, partly due to a few aforementioned mistakes, such as Bowser air-dodging over the edge of the stage on his last stock.

My second battle was my Ike versus Roy. It wasn't a fair fight, but I did have the satisfaction of landing 1-2 KOs. I did frequently use Ike's side-B to recover high, ensuring I was out of easy melee range.

Third battle was my link vs. Young Link, we turned out to be very evenly matched, so it was EPIC. It did help that I watched his behavior in his previous matches, so I knew to be wary of him spamming Fire Arrows a lot.

Fourth battle was against the same Roy, but I chose Lucina instead. Lots of dodgerolls, Blade Dance spam, and whiffed counter attempts on both sides. It was more evenly matched than before but Roy still beat me.

Ultimately, the top places went to Greninja, Samus, then Roy.

Beth Pavell

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Finally got round to finishing Breath of the Wild - final verdict, I got a lot of fun, and a lot of hours out of the game. The ending is almost an anticlimax, but then I'm not really bothered about that. I found Hyrule Castle a bit too easy to break into, insofar as turreted Guardians can only slow you down so much. I think clever placement of monsters could have made the task much more complicated

WilliG

Reaction score
I like LOL, CS:GO, Clash of Clans and easy flesh games just to kill time

Lylian

Space Wizard/ Dark Sorceress
Reaction score
Pokemon Sun. On my way up Mount Lanakila. Hope to find an Alolan Vulpix.

Cap'n Jack

I will burn my dread!
Reaction score
Right now I’m playing through Battlefield: Bad Company, because I was so profoundly bored by Call of Duty 4 that I took a friend’s recommendation for a military shooter that has a sense of friggin’ humor. So far, Bad Company is actually making me laugh more often than not, and I’m always impressed when I find a video game that’s actually funny. The mission objectives are also much more diverse than Call of Duty while only sometimes being gimmick set-pieces. I’m enjoying myself quite a bunch with it.

Beth Pavell

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Space Empires V: Well. I've been caught off-guard. The Eee have warped through into Spica with a fleet of 23 ships, including, to my surprise, three battleships and five dreadnoughts. It appears to be heading for Spica VIA, where Battlefleet Blue (Sinister) is going through a refit. Only half the fleet is actually ready for action. It's fortunate, then, that Battlefleet Blue (Dexter) has arrived just in time to reinforce. I'm not at all sure which way the battle will go. I hope that by engaging at maximum range in a tight formation, Battlefleet Blue will get the best of an ordnance duel.

The Abiddon are being really very cautious with that dreadnought. It's retreated to Quintar, which I suppose is a good thing for the time being, at least until Battlefleet Green (Sinister) manages to arrive in the system again.

I'm beginning to think Operation Longbow might be obsolete. It occurs to me that seizing a strategically vital system is of limited use against an adversary who has the capability of opening their own warp points

Lilac~♡

Reaction score
I've been playing oldschool runescape lol, it's actually pretty fun and brings back memories

Beth Pavell

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Space Empires V: Battlefleet Blue engaged the Eee in orbit. The result was ... interesting. Battlefleet Blue lost four cruisers, the fleet support ship Olympia and the minesweeper Bess, all of which were undergoing a refit. In return all but two of the Eee crusiers were destroyed, along with along the destroyers and a battleship. The Eee immediately moved on, and were chased down to be engaged again. This time, the loss of the destroyer HMS Active in return for a dreadnought and severe damage on the remaining capital ships.

It's obvious the Eee ships aren't well-equipped for dealing with torpedo strikes from multiple ships. A squadron of Gyrfalcon-class destroyers can and do inflict heavy damage relative to their size. The problem is that the faster Eee ships tend to catch up and instantly scatter squadrons with repulsor beams, which turns engagements into running, inconclusive battles.

In any case, I'm scrapping Operation Longbow. Battlefleet Green (Vanguard) has spotted concentrations of Eee ships near Iridia, and I'm suspecting the battlefleet will need to engage them soon

TeaWest

Conflicted ideals
Reaction score
Got the platinum in FFX, after 88 hours! Also beet Undertale about a week ago. Playing Shantae: Risky's Revenge right now and am about 5 hours from finishing Stardew Valley

Juliko

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
Just started playing Final Fantasy 5 Advance today. Made it to the ship near Karnak. But man, the ship's layout is annoying!

Last edited:

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Been playing Monster Rancher 4 on-and-off for the past week. Feels good to get back into it, and it's giving my PS2 some extra usage. As for where I am, I'm just about to enter my Garu into the Official A-Rank tournament in order to get him to S-Rank, as well as kick off the next bit of the story.