• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Right now I’m playing through Battlefield: Bad Company, because I was so profoundly bored by Call of Duty 4 that I took a friend’s recommendation for a military shooter that has a sense of friggin’ humor. So far, Bad Company is actually making me laugh more often than not, and I’m always impressed when I find a video game that’s actually funny. The mission objectives are also much more diverse than Call of Duty while only sometimes being gimmick set-pieces. I’m enjoying myself quite a bunch with it.

Space Empires V: Well. I've been caught off-guard. The Eee have warped through into Spica with a fleet of 23 ships, including, to my surprise, three battleships and five dreadnoughts. It appears to be heading for Spica VIA, where Battlefleet Blue (Sinister) is going through a refit. Only half the fleet is actually ready for action. It's fortunate, then, that Battlefleet Blue (Dexter) has arrived just in time to reinforce. I'm not at all sure which way the battle will go. I hope that by engaging at maximum range in a tight formation, Battlefleet Blue will get the best of an ordnance duel.

The Abiddon are being really very cautious with that dreadnought. It's retreated to Quintar, which I suppose is a good thing for the time being, at least until Battlefleet Green (Sinister) manages to arrive in the system again.

I'm beginning to think Operation Longbow might be obsolete. It occurs to me that seizing a strategically vital system is of limited use against an adversary who has the capability of opening their own warp points

Space Empires V: Battlefleet Blue engaged the Eee in orbit. The result was ... interesting. Battlefleet Blue lost four cruisers, the fleet support ship Olympia and the minesweeper Bess, all of which were undergoing a refit. In return all but two of the Eee crusiers were destroyed, along with along the destroyers and a battleship. The Eee immediately moved on, and were chased down to be engaged again. This time, the loss of the destroyer HMS Active in return for a dreadnought and severe damage on the remaining capital ships.

It's obvious the Eee ships aren't well-equipped for dealing with torpedo strikes from multiple ships. A squadron of Gyrfalcon-class destroyers can and do inflict heavy damage relative to their size. The problem is that the faster Eee ships tend to catch up and instantly scatter squadrons with repulsor beams, which turns engagements into running, inconclusive battles.

In any case, I'm scrapping Operation Longbow. Battlefleet Green (Vanguard) has spotted concentrations of Eee ships near Iridia, and I'm suspecting the battlefleet will need to engage them soon

Been playing Monster Rancher 4 on-and-off for the past week. Feels good to get back into it, and it's giving my PS2 some extra usage. As for where I am, I'm just about to enter my Garu into the Official A-Rank tournament in order to get him to S-Rank, as well as kick off the next bit of the story.

Shantae Half Genie Hero ultimate edition. I'm playing through the various DLCs and I have mixed feelings on them:
Ninja mode was fun, officer mode was fun but frustrating at times, jammies mode was the one I had the most fun with, pirate queen's quest was enjoyable, and friends to the end was fun but the difficulty spike at the end was annoying.
Beach mode can go die in a fire.

Animal Crossing GCN

I'm trying to see if I can complete the game in one year. I failed to do this twice with New Leaf, so I'm going to see if I complete it this time. Since I'm now playing with Dolphin, I can finally use the e-Reader features that I missed last time.

Famicom Tantei Club II

So far it has been interesting. I think I'm halfway through the game, but now I'm wondering why Ayumi was considered for Smash, since the closest thing to an attack she did was drugging the main character to go after what she thought was the killer.

Just finished Famicom Tantei Club II. It was really worth it. The ending seemed kinda similar to Ace Attorney with the villain having a freak-out and transforming. Get it if you like AT-style games. I hope someone translates the first part someday.

Divinity II: Dragon Knight Saga (Developer's Cut) and Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride (DS) - the latter I decided to replay (longer than I might've planned) in conjunction (roughly) with the DS port's tenth anniversary.

Last edited:
Tengai Makyou Zero

I discovered the Tengai Makyou series through DreamMix TV World Fighters, so I decided to give a chance to the only game in the series that has been translated.

EDIT: I forgot that there's the official translation of the fighting game spin-off and a fan translation of Oriental Blue: Ao no Tengai.

Replaying Mass Effect 2.

Still can't bare it that so many people say it has such awesome/flawless writing. It is a good game, don't get me wrong, but it is not the "AMAZINGLY WRITTEN, SUPER AWESOME, BEST GAME EVER ON PC, OMG OMG SO GOOD!!"
Type of game sooooo many people claim it to be in my opinion.

Decided to knuckle down and try taking down Gogmazios again in MH4U.

... Still didn't defeat him, but we did a LOT better than the last time, and with less than 5m left on the timer retired with just the subquest, going home with enough spoils to at least unlock all the Gogmazios gear at the blacksmith. (But can't actually craft any of it yet.)

Natsume (Harvest) Moon- Skytree Village. Still working on the story quests. My farm has more animals now.

Back
Top Bottom