• Another exciting episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

What video games are you playing now?

Juliko

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
Stardew Valley: this one's new to me, and I've been trying not to play too much with reference to the Wiki, so for these first 16 days of Spring I've kinda been noodling around. Currently I've got 11 potatoes in the ground, along with 3 bean poles, 9 cauliflower, and 6 strawberries just recently planted.

My plan is to work towards building a coop, with wood being what I really need. So far as I can tell this means getting hold of a better axe, which means mining for copper
Ohh! You're playing Stardew Valley? Awesome! Which system are you playing it on? How do you like it so far? If you need some help with it, I'd be more than happy to assist you, since I've beaten it twice myself. On my first file, I married Sam, but I married Alex on my second file, and I find him to be more interesting. Who do you plan on pursuing/marrying in-game?

I'm still playing Final Fantasy 5.

prog rocker

Reaction score
Ohh! You're playing Stardew Valley? Awesome! Which system are you playing it on? How do you like it so far? If you need some help with it, I'd be more than happy to assist you, since I've beaten it twice myself. On my first file, I married Sam, but I married Alex on my second file, and I find him to be more interesting. Who do you plan on pursuing/marrying in-game?

I'm still playing Final Fantasy 5.
Me too! I stopped playing for a while because playing with the keyboard made my wrists hurt. Thankfully, now I have a compatible controller that I can use... if I don't get distracted by other games. I'm still wondering who I should marry, though.

Also, Final Fantasy V is great.

Juliko

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
Awesome! Playing it on the PC can be annoying. I've gotten used to it on there, but playing it on consoles like the PS Vita (Which I primarily use for it) and the Switch is MUCH easier. And yes, FF5 is pretty fun. I wouldn't consider it the best Final Fantasy game, but I am enjoying it.

Beth Pavell

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
I'm playing on Switch. It's rather like someone decided to take Harvest Moon and essentially revamp it, which I'm ok with. I've been paying a lot of attention to Penny, almost entirely because she appeared to be bookish.

Up to the end of the first week of Summer now. It looks like most of my profits are going to be in the second half of the season, which is when I expect to get the coop built. In the meantime I'm trying to save for a copper watering can - I didn't realise the basic axe can fell fully-grown trees, so there's no pressing need for a copper axe, but I do need help watering.

Deciding what to do after the watering is done is a bit of a challenge right now. I had a good morning's fishing, but it seems fishing can really be a matter of luck. I'm not a huge fan of mining - mining seemed to be most of what I did when playing Friends of Mineral Town, so I'd like to do it sparingly now.

System Error

Given power
Reaction score
Picked up Super Robot Wars BX again, in anticipation of T. Defeated this guy last mission.

Man I hope they keep this guy's UWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAA death cry in T, since the same series is in that too. And the Silvion Hammer too, since that was a cool moment.

Beth Pavell

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Stardew Valley: At the end of week two of Summer, and it's been a good week. The first real harvests are coming in, notably the blueberries, melons, and hops. The hops seem to be maturing unevenly - it's hard to tell when they've been watered properly, so it looks like I managed to miss one or two at some point. An opportune storm gave me space to upgrade my watering can, so that should solve the problem. The fishing's been good this week, so all in all I'm ready to build that coop.

That being said, I do now want a copper axe - there are a couple of stumps in the way of where I plan to move my fields come the Autumn, and in any case I shall want more wood. The plan is to put up a shed next to the house to act as a brewery when I somehow manage to get the opportunity. I also want to upgrade the farmhouse (So many buildings, all wanting money)

Stratelier

Reaction score
Another local friendlies tournament of Smash Bros. last night. We had 8 players, and I ended up ranking somewhere in the middle of the pack (again). Somehow, I always seem to end up facing the guy who mains Bowser ... and ekeing out a win. This time with Ike. (And as I said halfway through, "I've picked a different character every match, why stop now?")

Best moment was when I chose Fox against a Samus main. I managed one good reflector KO because I was trying to figure out when he was going to unload her Charge Shot (and guessed right). Also, apparently Fox can still air-dodge after a side special (it saved me from another Charge Shot when recovering).

Beth Pavell

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Stardew Valley: Up to day 19 of Summer now, and my, how the money's coming in. The coop's up now, and I'll be adding a silo tomorrow. I think I shall look at putting up a shed next door to the farmhouse to act as a brewery - I think 15,000 is a ridiculous price, so I may upgrade the house first.

I'm glad I upgraded my axe - I'm going to want a fair bit of wood for those buildings. Shifting chests around and making tappers has consumed a fair bit more. My aim at the moment is to get lower down in the mines during my spare time - I want iron ore for beehives and tools. It might be worth upgrading my hoe, partly to make things easier for me come the Autumn, but also to make digging up stuff in the mines faster

Tactician Karina

mains Joker's Crow alt
Reaction score
Dust: An Elysian Tail on the Switch, I've been meaning to get to this game a couple years ago but wasn't able to due to other games I got/was playing. Finally got around to it yesterday after I downloaded it from the eShop, and I really love it so far. The art style is smooth and very cute, backgrounds are beautiful, and character designs are also cute/cool. Played some more of it today as well after church, currently in Aurora Village and completed Colleen's quest in finding her younger brother and Mayor Bram's quest in defeating Fuse.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, just doing some online play every once in a while and even a few CPU battles here and there. I'm mainly playing it sparsely until Joker releases though.

Beth Pavell

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Space Empires V: I know I said now or never over Castor VIII, but looking again ... about fifteen satellites and almost as many weapon platforms. It's absurd. It's a complete fortress. I'm not prepared to throw away ships on the offchance I might somehow reduce it. So instead the battlefleet will move into Spica to assist in Operation Province. Once HMS Phoenix and the newly-finished HMS Dreadnought have finished in Iridia and Spica, they can join the siege fleet and deal with Castor VIII.

I'm finding I need to keep shuffling the fleets around, what with another Cue Cappa fleet turning up in Gergan - but that's to be expected. I'm hoping I can get Battlefleet Blue (Dexter) fully refitted soon to bring the majority of the fleets up to date.

Stardew Valley: The last week or so of Summer was very productive. The silo is up next to the coop, and I managed to upgrade the farmhouse (Finally, a kitchen!). A copper hoe turned out to be pretty much essential.

The first couple of days of Autumn have been a bit tricky. In my determination to plant a bit of everything I may have planted a little too much, despite a copper hoe and watering can. I've managed to misplace my fields slightly, so they're all not quite where I want them to be. I suppose I'll have to just admit I'll have to wait till Winter (Likely) to properly lay them out

Stratelier

Reaction score
Back in MH4U, I've been grinding the Dah'ren Mohran hunt so I can craft the (G-rank) armor set. I was originally doing this to upgrade the weapons, but the armor set looks nice so I ended up hunting the sand-whale-dragon quite a few more times (and I may have it down almost to a science by now). The armor features Rocksteady (you don't flinch from minor attacks) and Crit Draw (draw attacks always deal critical damage), which sounds like a good match for Quick Sheath or maybe Crit Status/Element. I do have to put up with Worrywart, though, but honestly, who lets their HP drop below 40% in G-rank?

Beth Pavell

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Stardew Valley: To my dismay I've ended up doing a fair bit of mining, but I do need ores. I want to get some beehives up as part of my next project, using some spare space on the farm which will be created when I put the shed up next to the house.

I've bought a couple of chickens for the coop, in an effort to get some more regular income away from the usual harvests.

Beth Pavell

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Stardew Valley: Beginning to approach the end of Autumn now, and I'm reflecting a bit on the lessons learned. Certainly there's no reason not to fertilise soil before the seeds go in - fertiliser is practically a by-product of the usual forestry I get up to anyway. It's produced plenty of nice grapes this season. The corn has worked well as a steady income through two seasons. For the next Spring I think I will buy several batches of one-harvest crops in one go, just to make sure fields don't go to waste through the season.

I've been perpetually short on coal and iron ore. Building a charcoal burner helps a little, but even so I suppose I'm going to have to spend some of the Winter getting down in the mine where iron is easier to get at. Now I've got a couple of hives and a shed built, I can spend some time in the Winter clearing land on the northwest corner and doing a little decoration. Hopefully now I can build them, I shall be able to put some kegs in the new shed/brewery.

I'm glad I've only been clearing as much land as I need. I've never been short on anything to do with grass, and the southwest copse has grown so crowded I've had to cut my way into it. I may just leave it almost as-is, since it's a sustainable source of wood I don't have too go looking for

prog rocker

Reaction score
Hyrule Warriors Legends

Now I'm training Zelda. I'm starting to think that my method of training might be starting to overwhelm me. Oh well, I'll have to soldier on if I ever want to beat Adventure Mode and obtain the Hard Gold Skulltulas in Legend Mode.

FelipePR

Reaction score
I am forever waiting for Mount & blade: bannerlord.

Meanwhile, i am playing CK2 (Agot mod)

Beth Pavell

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Stardew Valley: I'm getting to the point now where I can spend and not think about the money. I wonder whether that's intentional at the end of Year 1, because it doesn't feel like I've been especially clever in making cash. It's got to the point where I realised it's easier to simply buy coal and ore rather than try to hack it out of the mines myself.

I've been a little aimless at the end of this season. I've got my little patch of beehives sorted, and the first keg in the brewery. I suppose I'd best be served in stockpiling wood - I'm thinking of putting up a barn in the west corner of Buckland, near to the chicken coop

Lylian

Space Wizard/ Dark Sorceress
Reaction score
Story of Seasons- Trio of Towns. Lisette is at pink flower. Saving up for the house upgrade.

Beth Pavell

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Stardew Valley: A lot of prep for the next Spring lately. I've planted a row of fruit trees just South of my house, and relaid the fields ready for the Spring crops. Both the East and West field are bordered with cobblestone paths, so it's obvious where to hoe without having to rethink field layout from scratch. I've also moved the coop South by the pond.

Both these projects have required clearing more trees than I expected, but then the snow also shows many, many seeds waiting to grow in the new year. In the meantime I've been trying to lay some savings down mostly through fishing. Crab pots down by the shore are there for raw materials to make better quality fertiliser. I've managed to get down to level 40 in the mines, so another project will be to smelt iron bars for keg making and possibly a steel watering can