• Another exciting episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

What video games are you playing now?

Beth Pavell

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Stardew Valley: Coffee is turning out to be more productive than I thought. I didn't realise it was a Summer crop as well, which has thrown out my field plans a little. The brewery is earning its keep, though, with half the kegs reserved for wine making while the others turn out coffee. I shall probably set aside a good amount of wheat and hops for Winter brewing as well.

But Buckland is looking a little more organised. I've moved all my various chests and appliances indoors, and had a bit of a reorganise while I'm at it. West field is at least ready for planting without much need for tidying the field edges. The yard I've cleared of trees for the most part. Outside that the woods are looking especially bosky, so one task before the Winter will be to do some serious forestry. I'm thinking of thinning the adult trees from the Northwest and Southeast corners.

Finally got a coop upgrade as well, which I've christened with a new duck. Stewart's there to help with the community centre. Next on the list is steadil upgrading the barn

Stratelier

Reaction score
Picked up Crypt of the Necrodancer on Switch (because I guess I'll need the practice before Cadence of Hyrule comes out later). It probably took me at least 30 tries before I finally cleared zone 1.
Zone 1 has three floors. Minibosses include Direbat, Red and Green Dragons, Light and Dark Minotaurs.
So on the successful run, I'm down on floor 3 trying to get my timing right to fight a nasty Red Dragon when I accidentally fall down a nearby trapdoor -- which apparently doesn't kill me outright, but once I'm dropped down to the boss floor I immediately have to clear a room of enemies (including a Red Dragon!) before I can enter the boss room to fight it. I probably only have one HP left by this time, but somehow I defeated Coral Riff.

Other bosses encountered so far: Death Metal, Deep Blues, King Conga

Last edited:

prog rocker

Reaction score
Hyrule Warriors: Legends

I gave up. I was taking too much time. I'm using my enormous amount of Rupees to take everyone to level 54 (since that's my highest level).

TeaWest

My face when I see some chocolate
Reaction score
Finished the prison break section in Cosmic Star Heroine and went through the Rhomu swamps. Really enjoying the game so far!

MegaPod

Myrmeleontidae Palpitations
Reaction score
Pokemon Ultra Sun

I caught Tapu Koko, and evolved my Psychic Fangs Carvanha, so that’s two new Dex entries! I also caught a Sensu Oricorio in a Heal Ball and had fun using it to KO a wild Ribombee.

Tactician Karina

mains Joker's Crow alt
Reaction score
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and My Hero One's Justice (Switch), just doing some online and CPU battles in both games here and there mostly. I think I'm gonna change Momo's and Dabi's outfits to the school uniform alts. (Dabi's school alt though :love:)

Blazblue Cross Tag Battle (Switch), picking this one up again after taking a long break from it. As expected I kept gravitating towards Jin and Yu as my mains lol. Gonna play some more since I'm a little rusty.

Sometime tomorrow I'll be restarting Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne Maniax again, and maybe replay either both Persona 2 Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment or Persona 3.

MegaPod

Reaction score
Pokémon Ultra Sun

I now have recorded Castform and Wigglytuff for the Dex, and I obtained the Prism Scale to get one more registered later.

Lylian

Space Wizard/ Dark Sorceress
Reaction score
Story of Seasons- Trio of Towns. Boy file- I need to start an orchard soon.

Lone_Garurumon

Pleeeeease?
Reaction score
Ultra Sun: Utterly demolished the Ghost Trial.

FFXV: Hunter quests. Lots and lots of hunter quests. Also some of the menace dungeons. Gonna see how far I can go with those without absurd amounts of grinding.

Stratelier

Reaction score
So in MH4U, my Shagaru Magala guild quest is finally G-rank level (I don't have access to the normal G-rank Shagaru hunt; it's probably post-Gogmazios) so it's time to grind for G-rank Shagaru materials to do upgrades. Unfortunately, Guild quests don't offer as many monster materials as rewards as standard quests do (but can you please drop a Mantle or three sometime? And another Phosgem).

Also, back in Crypt of the Necrodancer I finally cleared Zone 3 (after like 100 runs) and by now I've unlocked absolutely everything in the shops. A little tired of facing off against King Conga or Deep Blues as level bosses (where's Death Metal?). Now we just need a good run on Zone 4....

prog rocker

Reaction score
Hyrule Warriors: Legends

I have been trying to get the Hard Legend Mode Skulltulas. I didn't expect them to be so annoying, even with Lv54 characters. And the next one I have to get involves trying to prevent three characters from dropping below 50% HP, one of them being a CPU character. Yay...

MegaPod

Reaction score
Pokémon Ultra Sun

I filled in more gaps of my Dex, mainly the remaining Eeveelutions. Next I’m working on the last few evolved fossil Pokémon I need.

TheCapsFan

After Laughter
Reaction score
Here's a brief list of the games I've touched within the last month or so (all on Switch)

Breath of the Wild: Picked this one up again last week for the first time since last summer. I didn't want to pick it up because I knew I'd get invested. Honestly all I really ever do in this game is explore and fuck around, but I found my way to the Zora place, I think. I don't really know. So I guess I'm gonna hit that dungeon first.

Hollow Knight: This is my favorite game to play in handheld mode, mostly because I like the way it feels with the Joy-Cons. It's the kind of game you have to pick up semi-regularly, because it's pretty difficult and hard to get used to. Currently just discovered the grave of the old knight, or something like that. I'm really interested in the lore of this game.

Mario and Rabbids: Kingdom Battle: This one is my favorite time-waster on the list. I appreciate the gameplay a lot and the level design is very clever despite the world design being so shitty. Currently working my way through World 2.

Tetris 99: Storytime: at college, I don't really have access to internet specifically for the purpose of playing online games yet. So when I went home for Spring Break, I did nothing but play this game and I gotta say, it's genius. One of the best hidden gems in the Switch's library and I hope they add more to it in the future.

SteamWorld Dig: This game is pretty addictive. Back when Minecraft was super big, my favorite part of the game was always the mining portion. Thus this game really fills a niche for me.

Downwell: This is a beautiful little indie game I got on the eshop. It's just an arcade game where you fall down a well and shoot enemies with your feet, but it's really cute. I like picking it up whenever I have a spare couple of seconds.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Mostly been playing this with friends/my roommate and then the occasional World of Light mess-around. Like I've said, I don't have access to online play at college so that greatly inhibits the usefulness of this game.

Super Mario Odyssey: It's been a while since I've played this because I decided to start Mario vs. Rabbids, but the break from the game is a nice one because I'll be able to go back to it soon and appreciate it just that much more. I'm currently in a world past New Donk City, but I can't remember exactly which one.

That's about it. I'm hoping to open up another couple of games real soon. Namely Let's Go Eevee, Golf Story, and Okami HD.

prog rocker

Reaction score
Is Downwell good? I'm asking because I'm considering getting this game after seeing Welltaro in Indie Pogo.

Stratelier

Reaction score
Well, after what felt like 100 runs I finally beat Crypt of the Necrodancer....?
The boss of Zone 4 was "Dead Ringer", and it definitely took quite a few tries to figure out how to defeat him since he's apparently immune to your attacks outright. THEN, after that it's straight into the boss battle against the NecroDancer himself. The best part: To defeat him, you have to control TWO characters simultaneously, with each one responding individually to your control inputs.

Anyway, defeating the NecroDancer earned an epilogue of sorts, game credits rolled, then the game unlocked a new playable character with a story proceeding from where this one left off. It is definitely not over....

Cap'n Jack

I will burn my dread!
Reaction score
I beat Shenmue II! Now time for the looooong wait to Shenmue III (don’t tell anyone I haven’t been waiting 18 years like some people...). I can’t genuinely tell you Shenmue is a good game, per se, but I enjoy playing it because it’s so far up its own ass and does the opposite of what every other game would do at every turn.

Now that my top-priority game is beaten, I’m moving on to Outcast, an old PC hidden gem from 1999, and some time soon I’m gonna start Alpha Protocol, cuz that’s my mood.