• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

So in MH4U, my Shagaru Magala guild quest is finally G-rank level (I don't have access to the normal G-rank Shagaru hunt; it's probably post-Gogmazios) so it's time to grind for G-rank Shagaru materials to do upgrades. Unfortunately, Guild quests don't offer as many monster materials as rewards as standard quests do (but can you please drop a Mantle or three sometime? And another Phosgem).

Also, back in Crypt of the Necrodancer I finally cleared Zone 3 (after like 100 runs) and by now I've unlocked absolutely everything in the shops. A little tired of facing off against King Conga or Deep Blues as level bosses (where's Death Metal?). Now we just need a good run on Zone 4....

Hyrule Warriors: Legends

I have been trying to get the Hard Legend Mode Skulltulas. I didn't expect them to be so annoying, even with Lv54 characters. And the next one I have to get involves trying to prevent three characters from dropping below 50% HP, one of them being a CPU character. Yay...

Here's a brief list of the games I've touched within the last month or so (all on Switch)

Breath of the Wild: Picked this one up again last week for the first time since last summer. I didn't want to pick it up because I knew I'd get invested. Honestly all I really ever do in this game is explore and fuck around, but I found my way to the Zora place, I think. I don't really know. So I guess I'm gonna hit that dungeon first.

Hollow Knight: This is my favorite game to play in handheld mode, mostly because I like the way it feels with the Joy-Cons. It's the kind of game you have to pick up semi-regularly, because it's pretty difficult and hard to get used to. Currently just discovered the grave of the old knight, or something like that. I'm really interested in the lore of this game.

Mario and Rabbids: Kingdom Battle: This one is my favorite time-waster on the list. I appreciate the gameplay a lot and the level design is very clever despite the world design being so shitty. Currently working my way through World 2.

Tetris 99: Storytime: at college, I don't really have access to internet specifically for the purpose of playing online games yet. So when I went home for Spring Break, I did nothing but play this game and I gotta say, it's genius. One of the best hidden gems in the Switch's library and I hope they add more to it in the future.

SteamWorld Dig: This game is pretty addictive. Back when Minecraft was super big, my favorite part of the game was always the mining portion. Thus this game really fills a niche for me.

Downwell: This is a beautiful little indie game I got on the eshop. It's just an arcade game where you fall down a well and shoot enemies with your feet, but it's really cute. I like picking it up whenever I have a spare couple of seconds.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Mostly been playing this with friends/my roommate and then the occasional World of Light mess-around. Like I've said, I don't have access to online play at college so that greatly inhibits the usefulness of this game.

Super Mario Odyssey: It's been a while since I've played this because I decided to start Mario vs. Rabbids, but the break from the game is a nice one because I'll be able to go back to it soon and appreciate it just that much more. I'm currently in a world past New Donk City, but I can't remember exactly which one.

That's about it. I'm hoping to open up another couple of games real soon. Namely Let's Go Eevee, Golf Story, and Okami HD.

Well, after what felt like 100 runs I finally beat Crypt of the Necrodancer....?
The boss of Zone 4 was "Dead Ringer", and it definitely took quite a few tries to figure out how to defeat him since he's apparently immune to your attacks outright. THEN, after that it's straight into the boss battle against the NecroDancer himself. The best part: To defeat him, you have to control TWO characters simultaneously, with each one responding individually to your control inputs.

Anyway, defeating the NecroDancer earned an epilogue of sorts, game credits rolled, then the game unlocked a new playable character with a story proceeding from where this one left off. It is definitely not over....

I beat Shenmue II! Now time for the looooong wait to Shenmue III (don’t tell anyone I haven’t been waiting 18 years like some people...). I can’t genuinely tell you Shenmue is a good game, per se, but I enjoy playing it because it’s so far up its own ass and does the opposite of what every other game would do at every turn.

Now that my top-priority game is beaten, I’m moving on to Outcast, an old PC hidden gem from 1999, and some time soon I’m gonna start Alpha Protocol, cuz that’s my mood.

Right now I am playing a Terraria clone titled "Starbound". After playing around with vanilla game and completing the main quest I decided to start anew with mods and ended up installing a MASSIVE overhaul mod named "Frackin' Universe"... on my extremely potatoish laptop. The game slows down often and ocassionaly crashes, but overall it's playable. And the mod is greaat fun... though the huge usage of tungsten for upgrading most crafting stations worries me. While at this point in vanilla I'd already have almost all of them upgraded to second tier, here I am still struggling to get enough tungsten even for some upgrades that I'd normally consider most important, like Engineer's Table (on which most other first and second tier crafting stations are made).
Also, for a mod that tries to make Starbound realistic and scientific, it's at times just ridiculous. Like, you put some water into a hand powered wooden centrifuge, spin it for a few seconds, and you get several canisters of pressurised oxygen and hydrogen, perfectly separated from each other and 100% purified... "unscientific" doesn't even begin to describe it.

Getting on Wii Fit U right after typing this! Gotta do my usual ~1 hour of stuff on there, or I just don't feel right. I really wish they'd make a new Fit game for the Switch (Switch Fit I guess is the obvious name they could do) so I don't have to haul out the Wii U Gamepad and keep the Wii U plugged in all the time mainly for this one game.
Torso Twists (6 reps each of vertical and horizontal)
Half-moon Pose
Sun Salutation
Warrior Pose
Triangle Pose
Chair Pose
Palm Tree Pose

Lunges (10 reps per leg)
Super Hula-Hoop (6 min)
Rhythm Boxing (10 min)
Puzzle Squash (Advanced)
Advanced Step (Basic)

Rhythm Kung-fu (Advanced)
Jazz Dance (beginner, no explanation)

Burning Beats (5 min, though I'm considering bumping this one to 10 min)

Hyrule Warriors: Legends

...I decided to stop getting the Gold Skulltulas and concentrate on the Adventure Maps. I finally unlocked Agitha and Ruto, but on the map I have to unlock Twili Midna I'm having problems. I can pass the level easily, but I can't do it with an A-Rank since enemies are strong and enemies are too far apart, making it hard to get the 1200 kills that I need for that rank. I'll try using Link in that level since he's the "easy mode" of the game.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and My Hero One's Justice (Switch), more online and CPU battles as usual. Got stomped by someone using Inasa last night against my Momo, though I was able to beat someone using Kyoka so I guess it worked out lol. For Ultimate I kept coming across a lot of people using Young Link and Roy so I had to leave online afterwards, got too boring/predictable. Thinking of taking a mini break from these two games though, especially Smash until Joker releases.

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle (Switch), still playing some more after not playing for a while. Still using Jin and Yu obviously, might use Ruby sometime tonight though.

Started another replay of SMT III: Nocturne Maniax yesterday also, met Pixie and fought the three Preta for the Annex Gate Pass. Did some more demon battles and leveled up Naoki (yes this time I used his name from the drama CD) and Pixie, also recruited a Kodama and Hua Po. Gonna play some more sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Was playing MH4U earlier tonight. We finally beat the final boss Gogmazios! Soloing him took all of 48m30s but WE DID IT.
Then the game erased my save file. :(

But, oddly, I'm not upset over the loss at all. Too hyped over the victory to care, I guess.

Afterwards, I popped MH Generations back into the 3DS (haven't played it in some time, in favor of MHGU on the Switch) and joined a few random hunts.

Pokémon Ultra Sun

Thanks to the help of a friend I have on the forums, I finally found a replacement for the Sport Ball Scyther I once Wonder Traded away by mistake. Took some roundabout breeding involving another Scyther I had sitting in the PC to get a preferable nature, but totally worth it. I now have my future Scizor picked out!

Pokémon Ultra Sun

My brother helped me evolve the Sport Ball Scyther and Beast Ball Feebas I bred, and I caught and evolved a Cottonee I named Gingerbread, so there’s three more Dex entries done! Now, the game’s giving me hell as I try to synchronize a wild male Frillish using the Modest Ralts (who is by now a Gardevoir) I bred for this purpose. So far I caught two of these Frillish with completely neutral natures, and the fact that the rate of encountering male Frillish surfing on Route 14 is 10% doesn’t help speed things along. But once I catch one I like, all I have to do is evolve it + the Lileep I’ve been training for my last two entries in the Alola Dex!

Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission

I've been waiting 8 and a half long years for Dragon Ball Heroes to make its way over here to the US. Almost feels surreal that its been such a popular arcade game for so long. Its definitely been a good deal of fun to play so far, and it's great to finally understand what the cards/abilities do.

Back
Top Bottom