• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!

What video games are you playing now?

Gone batty.
Reaction score
Right now I am playing a Terraria clone titled "Starbound". After playing around with vanilla game and completing the main quest I decided to start anew with mods and ended up installing a MASSIVE overhaul mod named "Frackin' Universe"... on my extremely potatoish laptop. The game slows down often and ocassionaly crashes, but overall it's playable. And the mod is greaat fun... though the huge usage of tungsten for upgrading most crafting stations worries me. While at this point in vanilla I'd already have almost all of them upgraded to second tier, here I am still struggling to get enough tungsten even for some upgrades that I'd normally consider most important, like Engineer's Table (on which most other first and second tier crafting stations are made).
Also, for a mod that tries to make Starbound realistic and scientific, it's at times just ridiculous. Like, you put some water into a hand powered wooden centrifuge, spin it for a few seconds, and you get several canisters of pressurised oxygen and hydrogen, perfectly separated from each other and 100% purified... "unscientific" doesn't even begin to describe it.

♡ mk. vier ♡
Reaction score
Getting on Wii Fit U right after typing this! Gotta do my usual ~1 hour of stuff on there, or I just don't feel right. I really wish they'd make a new Fit game for the Switch (Switch Fit I guess is the obvious name they could do) so I don't have to haul out the Wii U Gamepad and keep the Wii U plugged in all the time mainly for this one game.
Torso Twists (6 reps each of vertical and horizontal)
Half-moon Pose
Sun Salutation
Warrior Pose
Triangle Pose
Chair Pose
Palm Tree Pose

Lunges (10 reps per leg)
Super Hula-Hoop (6 min)
Rhythm Boxing (10 min)
Puzzle Squash (Advanced)
Advanced Step (Basic)

Rhythm Kung-fu (Advanced)
Jazz Dance (beginner, no explanation)

Burning Beats (5 min, though I'm considering bumping this one to 10 min)

Reaction score
Hyrule Warriors: Legends

...I decided to stop getting the Gold Skulltulas and concentrate on the Adventure Maps. I finally unlocked Agitha and Ruto, but on the map I have to unlock Twili Midna I'm having problems. I can pass the level easily, but I can't do it with an A-Rank since enemies are strong and enemies are too far apart, making it hard to get the 1200 kills that I need for that rank. I'll try using Link in that level since he's the "easy mode" of the game.

icy dragon
Reaction score
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and My Hero One's Justice (Switch), more online and CPU battles as usual. Got stomped by someone using Inasa last night against my Momo, though I was able to beat someone using Kyoka so I guess it worked out lol. For Ultimate I kept coming across a lot of people using Young Link and Roy so I had to leave online afterwards, got too boring/predictable. Thinking of taking a mini break from these two games though, especially Smash until Joker releases.

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle (Switch), still playing some more after not playing for a while. Still using Jin and Yu obviously, might use Ruby sometime tonight though.

Started another replay of SMT III: Nocturne Maniax yesterday also, met Pixie and fought the three Preta for the Annex Gate Pass. Did some more demon battles and leveled up Naoki (yes this time I used his name from the drama CD) and Pixie, also recruited a Kodama and Hua Po. Gonna play some more sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Reaction score
Was playing MH4U earlier tonight. We finally beat the final boss Gogmazios! Soloing him took all of 48m30s but WE DID IT.
Then the game erased my save file. :(

But, oddly, I'm not upset over the loss at all. Too hyped over the victory to care, I guess.

Afterwards, I popped MH Generations back into the 3DS (haven't played it in some time, in favor of MHGU on the Switch) and joined a few random hunts.

Bombing Bagworm
Reaction score
Pokémon Ultra Sun

Thanks to the help of a friend I have on the forums, I finally found a replacement for the Sport Ball Scyther I once Wonder Traded away by mistake. Took some roundabout breeding involving another Scyther I had sitting in the PC to get a preferable nature, but totally worth it. I now have my future Scizor picked out!

Bombing Bagworm
Reaction score
Pokémon Ultra Sun

My brother helped me evolve the Sport Ball Scyther and Beast Ball Feebas I bred, and I caught and evolved a Cottonee I named Gingerbread, so there’s three more Dex entries done! Now, the game’s giving me hell as I try to synchronize a wild male Frillish using the Modest Ralts (who is by now a Gardevoir) I bred for this purpose. So far I caught two of these Frillish with completely neutral natures, and the fact that the rate of encountering male Frillish surfing on Route 14 is 10% doesn’t help speed things along. But once I catch one I like, all I have to do is evolve it + the Lileep I’ve been training for my last two entries in the Alola Dex!

There is only one king!
Reaction score
Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission

I've been waiting 8 and a half long years for Dragon Ball Heroes to make its way over here to the US. Almost feels surreal that its been such a popular arcade game for so long. Its definitely been a good deal of fun to play so far, and it's great to finally understand what the cards/abilities do.

Bombing Bagworm
Reaction score
Pokemon Ultra Sun

I swear this game has it in for me. Dozens of encounters later I’ve only found one more male Frillish—once again, Gardevoir’s Synch failed and it has another neutral nature. Like wtf is this luck even?

Bombing Bagworm
Reaction score
Pokémon Ultra Sun

I finally caught my Modest male Frillish from an SOS battle, and evolved it into Jellicent, the last Pokémon I needed for the Alola Dex! Now I can obtain the Shiny Charm!

Reaction score
Early game stuff in my new save file for MH4U. Despite having starting gear, my overall experience level is DEFINITELY showing. Highlight: We killed that early Seltas in literally two minutes (which incl. 1 minute of travel to find him) with just the Jaggi S&S (listed attack power just 140, Green sharpness). Kecha Wacha and Tetsucabra are both down, now we have access to Harth's reliquary (for relics, not that relics are worthwhile, and Decoration crafting so I can keep some skills as I transition from one armor set to another). Jaggi armor actually has great skills for an early game set (speed polishing and 50% Stun resist).

I'm also refusing to sort the equip box this time, because MH4U's default sort makes it difficult to find what you want when you want it.

Bombing Bagworm
Reaction score
Pokémon Ultra Sun

I got my shiny Regice!! I counted 207 resets and used up 15 Beast Balls catching it.

Space Wizard/ Dark Sorceress
Reaction score
Fantasy Life. Doing more Hunter quests in the main file.

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Space Empires V: It's finally happened. The combined Battlefleet Green (Siege) and Green (Dexter) attacked Decatur V. The battle was rather anticlimactic, for some reason. The destroyers HMS Kit Kat and Interceptor were destroyed, along with the cruiser HMS Exemplar. There's still some serious clean-up to do. About twelve satellites and a starbase still to engage that got punted aside by the Condor-class battleships.

With Decatur dealt with at last, Battlefleet Green (Siege) will immediately make sail for Cretirk. The rest of Green (Siege) is doing ok in the system, but it won't hurt to speed things along, especially since I will now have the ships to move into Quintar as well.

Other than that, this turn has been one of small assaults and tidying up. Operation Province is coming on in fits and bounds. Iridia is so near to coming under proper control. Sarah brought some new colonists in, but there's still Iridia V to deal with

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Breath of the Wild Master Mode: started working my way round Great Plateau, and rediscovering just how tough blue bokoblins can be if you've only got a woodsman's axe to chop them with. Managed to do Oman Au and Ja Baij Shines - noticing that between the Temple of Time and Eastern Abbey there's a damn Lynel