• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

What video games are you playing now?

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Breath of the Wild Master Mode: Edged West round the River of the Dead with the aid of some peppered food. On the North-west hills I cleared a bokoblin encampment mostly with bombs and using Magnesis to pitch a couple of them off the cliff. I've managed to accumulate some more weapons and scrounged up a few arrows.

Reaction score
Progression in MH4U. Story mode first, multiplayer quests later. (There are still people playing it online!)

In the story mode, we're about to take down Gore Magala for real. Online, we're only HR2. Had some fun with other people online. For example, an HR1 capture quest for Gypceros we had to abandon because it SOMEHOW didn't succumb to the tranquilizers when we had it trapped. On another attempt with a different player (who was massively overgeared), the quest would've failed if it wasn't Gypceros (it's known for faking dead when low on HP) given how much damage they were doing. In the meantime, I'm rocking some early game mixed sets that look pretty weird but have decent skills (well, for early game) until I can get a matched Najarala set (because Earplugs).

Son of Two Deities
Reaction score
I'm playing the original Kid Icarus on "Nintendo Switch Online - Nintendo Entertainment System" (can't remember if it's exactly called that or not), and I have NO idea where I'm going, or what all these heart pieces are that I keep picking up.

Reaction score
I'm playing the original Kid Icarus on "Nintendo Switch Online - Nintendo Entertainment System" (can't remember if it's exactly called that or not), and I have NO idea where I'm going, or what all these heart pieces are that I keep picking up.
Well, that's a problem with most NES games: they expect you to read the manual first and then play the game. It's a good thing that the manual is now digital, otherwise, well, let's just say that buying an used game then was a pain.

EDIT: Also, hey, it could be worse. You could be trapped with one of those PC Games that had a copy-protection that amounted to "answer these questions from the manual".

Last edited:
Reactions: Ana
Son of Two Deities
Reaction score
Well, that's a problem with most NES games: they expect you to read the manual first and then play the game. It's a good thing that the manual is now digital, otherwise, well, let's just say that buying an used game then was a pain.

EDIT: Also, hey, it could be worse. You could be trapped with one of those PC Games that had a copy-protection that amounted to "answer these questions from the manual".
Joke's on them, I'm not a PC gamer!

Reaction score
Trauma Center: Under the Knife, and going back to a second playthrough of Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, doing Ephraim's route this time around.

Last edited:
Son of Two Deities
Reaction score
Trauma Center: Under the Knife, and going back to a second playthrough of Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, doing Ephraim's route this time around.
Dude, regarding Trauma Center, the music from the 2005 trailer (on the Nintendo Power DVD disc) kiiiiiiinda freaked me out.

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Breath of the Wild Master Mode: Managed to get hold of the Warm Doublet after a lot of running around. Headed up to Mount Hylia, which was a little touch-and-go when my ambush of a bokoblin camp nearly went wrong (Swift jabs with the pitchfork managed to get me out of it). Completed Owa Daim shrine and climbed up to finish Keh Namut as well. Cursed bokoblins have been so useful this time round as sources of quick weapons - Hylia knows you need them to beat blue bokoblins to death

Son of Two Deities
Reaction score
What exactly was Pit screaming when he gets knocked to the background sometimes in Ultimate?

best boy
Reaction score
I only played Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack on the switch today. Doing more speedrun type playthroughs mainly.

Yesterday I got through more of my replay of SMT Nocturne Maniax, met Chiaki and Isamu and fought some more demons and leveled up my current ones and Naoki.

What exactly was Pit screaming when he gets knocked to the background sometimes in Ultimate?
He says "I never learned how to read!"

Son of Two Deities
Reaction score
It's a reference to that trope now used almost exclusively in comedies where a character thinks he is going to die and starts saying their regrets.
Aren’t angels supposed to be knowledgeable, much more than men due to being around a lot longer?

Son of Two Deities
Reaction score
He is illiterate and what they call "not the sharpest tool in the shed". More or less like Goku.
I don’t understand.

Then again, I’ve only played the NES game, so I don’t know much about his personality. I’ve assumed that he was smarter and wiser.

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Breath of the Wild Master Mode: Heading down into Hyrule proper, I decided to skirt South around the Outpost Ruins and the East Post Ruins, remembering what a pain they were last time around. Finished Bosh Kala shrine then headed North along the River Hylia, avoiding conflict along the way. Crossed over at Owlan Bridge, and again at Eagus. Bought some arrows from Beedle, who happened to be at the bottom of the Sahasra Slope.

Up to Kakariko Village, and after speaking to Impa I decided to do a little exploring in the immediate area - in other words, finish Duelling Peaks Tower and a few shrines in the immediate environs of the mountain itself. Managed to find enough ore to buy up a set of stealth armour, which has since proved extremely useful. After that I headed East across Necluda past Fort Hateno, and climbed up to activate Hateno Tower

Reaction score
I don’t understand.

Then again, I’ve only played the NES game, so I don’t know much about his personality. I’ve assumed that he was smarter and wiser.
To put it directly: No, he's not smart. He might have been smarter in the NES and GBC game, but he had zero personality back then, so...

Son of Two Deities
Reaction score
To put it directly: No, he's not smart. He might have been smarter in the NES and GBC game, but he had zero personality back then, so...
Oh...guess I should scrap the fanfic I’ve been writing where he comforts a mentally disabled human who was suffering from depression.