• Another exciting episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

What video games are you playing now?

Tactician Karina

mains Joker's Crow alt
Reaction score
Playing some more Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack and Mighty Gunvolt Burst on the Switch again. Tonight I'll be going back to my SMT Nocturne replay.

...why would he say that?
It's actually a reference from Kid Icarus Uprising, when Palutena is unable to maintain Pit's flight and warp him back to Skyworld she's forced to let him drop, so he starts to lament that he never learned to read right before Viridi rescues him. In the Japanese version though it's different, he says something along the line of "If I was to die, I at least wanted to have a full stomach."

Lord-Arceus

YOU WILL BOW TO ME.
Reaction score
It's actually a reference from Kid Icarus Uprising, when Palutena is unable to maintain Pit's flight and warp him back to Skyworld she's forced to let him drop, so he starts to lament that he never learned to read right before Viridi rescues him. In the Japanese version though it's different, he says something along the line of "If I was to die, I at least wanted to have a full stomach."
Again, I've never played Uprising, just the NES game.

I sold my entire 3DS library a few days ago anyway, so it doesn't really matter anymore.

Last edited:

Beth Pavell

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Space Empires V: More slow progress. What was Battlefleet Green (Dexter) needs a moment to reform before clearing the skies around Decatur V. Battlefleet Green (Siege) in Cretirk is still awaiting reinforcement, so I've ordered a refit of HMS Atropos and her sister ship in the meantime. Battlefleet Blue (Siege) dealt with Spica IV, but it was a weirdly tough battle.

The good news is a new Barbican-class space station has gone up in Bizzet, so Operation Longbow is beginning to yield results. I think I shall recall the battlefleet to Iridia for resupply. Likewise the first reserve squadron of Saker-class light cruisers is nearly finished.

Breath of the Wild Master Mode: Visited Hateno Village to get the Sheikah Slate upgraded - and how I still miss upgraded bombs. Decided to take a different route back towards Kakariko village, over Mt. Ruzado and down past the Cliffs of Quince.

I'm finding I can be a bit more liberal with weapon usage now, though I'm running low on utilitarian weapons. I can ambush moblins just fine, and with a bit of cunning take on a bokoblin encampment.

Pyrax

Outlaw for Life
Reaction score
Welp, couldn't get into Devil May Cry, so I've moved on to Yakuza 0. The way the games are structured by mission felt too restrictive for my tastes. They're fun games with great music yes, but they're honestly not for me.
I'm enjoying Yakuza 0 quite a lot though. Kamurocho and Sotenburi have great atmospheres, and I can't get enough of Majima's theme. I haven't felt restricted by the gameplay and plot either.

Reaction score
My sister managed to find a working copy of Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg and she got it for me as a birthday gift. I love it a lot, but I wasn't expecting it to be so hard!

Also playing a lot of Elder Scrolls Online again. I'm really trying to limit myself to play one or two hours a day, but I forgot how gosh darn addicting it is!

Tactician Karina

mains Joker's Crow alt
Reaction score
Played a little bit of Smash Ultimate this afternoon, mostly did the Spirit Board event (this time it's characters that are staff weilders) for the extra rewards boost. Though I do wish when they do these weekly events that there are new spirits, like at least one or two, it's not as fun for people (at least to me) that already have all the spirits; for me the only reason for doing them is the rewards boost.

SMT Nocturne Maniax replay, played more of it last night and a little bit more today. Got new demons, specifically a Bicorn and a Momunofu. Still have Pixie of course as well. Mainly was leveling up my party a bit before I continue on with the story again later.

TeaWest

My face when I see some chocolate
Reaction score
Spelunky! I've been waiting for this game to come out physical for a long time, and now I can finally sink my teeth into it (I played the freeware version a long time ago). Did about 18 runs last night, only got to about the 3rd stage of the Jungle. I'm making lots of silly mistakes and still learning the controls, but I can definitely feel myself getting better each time. Since I've watched tons of lets plays of this game I already know quite a few tips and tricks which helps too.

TheCapsFan

After Laughter
Reaction score
Is Downwell good? I'm asking because I'm considering getting this game after seeing Welltaro in Indie Pogo.
Just seeing this now, but it's a good pick up and play whenever kinda game that isn't deep at all but is fun in bursts. Definitely worth the $3.

Lylian

Space Wizard/ Dark Sorceress
Reaction score
Story of Seasons- Trio of Towns. Boy file- still collection materials for a large barn, and a house upgrade.

Beth Pavell

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Breath of the Wild: East Necluda is proving to be irritatingly dangerous. I had planned to complete The Sheep Rustlers, only to discover two of the bokoblins are silver. And then that cursed lizalfos spawn with weapons that are deadly at this point.

Clearly it's time to quit the East and return West to find some shrines.

FairyTaleDude

Reaction score
I got Omega Ruby for my birthday and I just got the fourth badge on it. Tbh tho I'm more bothered about the contests, how I've missed being a coordinator!

Fatima Shadow Frost Witch

Reaction score
Demon Gaze 2(PS4)

Giving this one some long overdue attention and have hit a wall with Cyngus's no more than 10 broken masks puzzle

Beth Pavell

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Breath of the Wild Master Mode: Headed West across Necluda, this time going North towards Nirvata Lake. Didn't go all the way up to the Peak of Awakening, instead skirting the lower slopes and along North to the Phalian Highlands. The main journey was East past the Lanayru Road West Gate on the Rabia Plain. Catching that stag for Mezza Lo shrine was a nuisance, but the Plain's otherwise a nice place to wander around.

After that I went South again over Lake Siela to pick up a few weapons I'd found but previously had no pressing use for. West again to South Nabi Lake, where there are some bokoblin encampents I don't recall. Seemed like a lot of effort to clear them out to no obvious reward

lordfridge

Welcome Home, Good Hunter
Reaction score
I started Dark Souls 3 yesterday; I'm enjoying it a lot more than I expected to.

Stratelier

Reaction score
Did a quick test of the 3DS's save-data backup feature on MH4U (did I mention picking up a digital copy just for this reason?) . I probably should have done that immediately after starting the game (rather than 30 hours in) but hey, it works!

We've beaten Shagaru Magala in the (low rank) Caravan story and are just grinding and upgrading gear while putting off the introduction of High Rank caravan story. And doing some online quests on the side (I'm HR3, the end of low rank).

Beth Pavell

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Breath of the Wild Master Mode: Decided to make the perilous journey across Hyrule Field to retrieve a memory, which at first was fairly quiet. Without a map I went a bit too far East and ended up at the Mabe Village Ruins. Some hiding the the grass was needed to dodge the Guardians till I arrived at the Sacred Ground Ruins from the South. That damn Guardian on the road is an observant bastard, so it was touch and go getting out of there. Tried to navigate back to Kakariko Village using the Pillars of Levia as a guide. I think in hindsight I partially confused them with Bonooru's Stand - I ended up on the green ridge on the West side of Bottomless Swamp, trying to dodge a Guardian and avoid getting tied down by bokoblin horse-archers at the same time.

Made it back to Kakariko in the end, got the Champion's Tunic and headed down, tentatively, into the Lanayru Wetlands