• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

What video games are you playing now?

MegaPod

Cerulean Serpent
Reaction score
Pokémon Ultra Sun

I went to the Battle Tree with my Scizor, Trevenant, and shiny Regice that I had Hyper Trained (with major help from my forum friend Neosquid) and tried out a Super Single Battle! Turns out I forgot to cover my glaring total weakness to fire and was quickly swept by a Chandelure in the second match. So I tried several more times with Scizor substituted out for a Sharpedo (optimally bred by Neosquid by the way), and once managed to pull off a win streak of...seven I think, which was ended by an opposing Ferrothorn. That shit gets tough...

TeaWest

AWACS SkyEye
Reaction score
Finished Spelunky on Tuesday, but haven't beaten Hell yet. I'll probably pick up the game now and then to work on getting the rest of the hidden characters and completing my journal.

Not sure what I'm going to play next. I picked up Shenmue, but wasn't really feeling in the right place to get really invested in a game like that. I want to give it the proper attention it deserves. I might start up either Titanfall 2 or the Last of Us Remastered.

prog rocker

Reaction score
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call

I remembered this game existed! Although I have already FC'd every single song on Basic using buttons, I still have lots of characters to unlock. In fact, I still have 27 characters left to unlock, even exploiting the easiest Chaos Maps. After this, I will FC every single song on Basic using the touch controls.

Stratelier

Reaction score
Local Smash Bros. tournament. We had 8 players this time, but overall it still took two hours (which averages about 10min per match). Once again, I picked a different character every round (this time taking an unexpected Mii Swordfighter into one match), and placed second overall. I was also helping to co-host, meaning only that I was a second person recording matches on the bracket.

prog rocker

Reaction score

Managed to unlock at least 9 characters with Noel being the last one. If my menu screen is correct, I'm only missing eleven characters!

FinalArcadia

♡ cyber end ♡
Reaction score
Tomodachi Life (3DS)
Started a new file yesterday on my own copy (a used one I just got) to replace the one my brother purged a year or two ago on his copy that had some of my Miis on it, RIP. Got 7 islanders so far (4 girls, 3 boys), and I'm sitting back with the popcorn as - as of a few minutes ago - two Mii representations of characters I like are probably going to end up fighting over my Mii soon lol.

prog rocker

Reaction score
Tomodachi Life (3DS)
Started a new file yesterday on my own copy (a used one I just got) to replace the one my brother purged a year or two ago on his copy that had some of my Miis on it, RIP. Got 7 islanders so far (4 girls, 3 boys), and I'm sitting back with the popcorn as - as of a few minutes ago - two Mii representations of characters I like are probably going to end up fighting over my Mii soon lol.
At least you're lucky. Agatha was fawning over me in my save file, which was creepy. On the other hand, it was fun seeing how Erika got around and the fights that ensued from that. It was like a weird soap opera.

Cap'n Jack

I will burn my dread!
Reaction score
Yesterday I played through the Moscow chapter of Alpha Protocol. This is the spitting image of a creative but janky and flawed B-game, I kinda love it warts-and-all. Sega doesn’t see the franchise potential they’re sitting on, and it’s not like their RPG stable is all filled up, since they’re not doing anything with Phantasy Star or Shining Force...

prog rocker

Reaction score

Just realized that I counted my missing characters wrong and I'm missing more characters than I expected. I'm still missing 14 characters: Sarah, Kain, Edge, Galuf, Aerith, Sephiroth, Barret, Garnet, Yuna, Auron, Balthier, Snow, Benjamin and Rem.

I guess I still have work to do.

Cap'n Jack

I will burn my dread!
Reaction score
I’m blasting through a second play-through of Shadow of the Colossus, this time on PS2. This time I’m trying to find alternative (often janky) ways of climbing the Colossi.

So far I’ve beaten Gaius without breaking his wrist guard, Phaedra without going underground, and Cenobia by only knocking down one pillar.

Other Colossi kinda behaved weirdly when I went against the script, like Hydrus when I only disabled one of his lightning rods, or Pelagia who for some reason only destroyed one of the three raised platforms (99% of the time he’ll destroy two of them).

I’m aware of other skips, like beating Basaran without getting him under a geyser, janking your way up Barba before he even destroys a single wall, and shimmying up Argus totally ignoring the puzzle as well as stabbing his hand without making him drop his club. I tried the former two methods and gave up, that’s above my skill level. Argus is coming up next time I play the game, but his skip seems far beyond my ability.

lucarioknight56

The Hidden Author
Reaction score
Shadow the Hedgehog.

Having a real fun time with it, despite my annoyances with it. Choosing the story path is real fun, and the gameplay feels well polished, even if the enemy AI could have ultimately been fixed. I do think it's at least an average game and is underserving of the score it got back when it released.

Stratelier

Reaction score
Stage Builder hijinks in Smash Ultimate. I wanted to know if I could create a stage that tips and tilts (within reasonable limits) depending on the weight and position of fighters standing on it, but apparently nope, terrain blocks are immutable to fighter mass. So instead, here's the second best thing: MXRD453N

prog rocker

Reaction score
I discovered yesterday that people are doing other games' stages in Ultimate. Once I get a Switch (whenever that happens) I'll possibly start to download stages based on Indie Pogo and, if somebody cared about that game, DreamMix TV World Fighters.

Fatima Shadow Frost Witch

Reaction score
SSB Ultimate

Took Isabelle and Joker on a few runs through Spirit Board and caused one Spirit(Poltergust)a headache with Isabelle's Balloon trick

Stratelier

Reaction score
In MH4U (2nd save file), we just received our first Kiring quest as a Guild Quest. It's only low-rank, but that's fine. I wonder if there are (1) wild Kelbi, and (2) that map zone with a climbable wall.

prog rocker

Reaction score

I think I hit a wall. After unlocking lots of characters in the past days, I'm starting to only get maps with shards that are useless to me now. The most recent map I got at least is giving me turquoise shards, which is nice since I still need to unlock two characters with them.

In short, I'm still needing peach, golden, silver, black and turquoise shards.

Stratelier

Reaction score
Continuing to goof off in Stage Builder, I have ranked the 15 types of terrain by weight and fall speed. e.g. Yarn is lightest, Steel heaviest, but Paper (2nd lightest) has the slowest fall speed. I'm sure somebody out there has already compiled a list of their various properties...