• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • We're launching a brand new series on the official Bulbagarden YouTube Channel! Watch here as AussieEevee attempts the Nuzlocke Challenge in HeartGold.
  • The forums' software will be updated on December 9th, 2019 and may be down for several hours to multiple days for this process. Thank you for your patience, we hope this update will improve your experience here.

Why not join us over on discord during the downtime?

What video games are you playing now?

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
Pokemon Leaf Green. Breeding some Squirtles and plan to do more for some other Pokemon.

Merry Chrysalis
Reaction score
Pokemon Ultra Sun

I got really lucky with my first attempt at shiny breeding. Shiny Snorunt in only five eggs!

Eventually I’ll breed a second for shiny Glalie. For now, this guy is exercising in Isle Evelup, but will stay unevolved forevah.

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Space Empires V: Decatur V is finally cleared - though Battlefleet Green (Dexter) is now more of a glorified squadron. On the plus side, only Cretirk VI remains as a hostile colony, so Dexter can be tasked to clear out the miscellaneous satellites littering the system.

Operation Province is going at a steady pace. Spica is now more or less secure, barring some security work removing ships and fighters that have escaped the sieges. Iridia will be the next target. Province is going to take on another dimension now - I've decided to move HMNB Leviathan to Optera, with a view to eventually moving it to Cair Paravel. The idea is, a baseship in the reaches will be a very visible distraction for the Sovereignty, an impressive reserve but without a clear strategic goal. But for that to work, its location needs to be a secret for now.

Reaction score
I decided to play through Pokemon Moon again with a team of my top six favourite Pokemon: Vaporeon, Noivern, Incineroar, Hitmontop, Mr. Mime, and Bisharp. It was a little tough since I had to transfer five of them from Omega Ruby. This team started as somewhat of a struggle. Once Litten and Mime. Jr evolved, it wasn't as bad. But I had to wait until right before the grass trial to evolve Eevee into Vaporeon. And evolving Tyrogue into Hitmontop was a nightmare. I'm right before the ghost trial now. Torracat is almost an Incineroar, but I still have a ways to go to evolve Noibat and Pawniard. Even though it's been a challenge, I'm really enjoying this playthrough. I've Nuzlocked many times, but even those playthroughs didn't make me as attached to my team as much as this run. It's really special to work with a team of Pokemon I can see myself using if Pokemon were real.

Reaction score
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call

C'mon game, gimme a map with the crystal shards I need. I still need to unlock 5 characters.

Indie Pogo

Since the big update is dropping May 7 I'm playing some matches against the CPU to get money so I can buy continues to see if I can beat Arcade Mode with all characters on Hard. Doing so rewards me with the Sovereign Deck from Nefarious as the final stage. I hope all goes well.

Previously known as 'Isamu Akai'
Reaction score
Still making my rounds through Final Fantasy IX. I've only just recently started the third disc portion.

I still love this game dearly, but I really wish the Treno card tournament wasn't a thing.

Reaction score

I'm only missing Sephiroth now. Depending on how I do today, I might unlock him tomorrow.

Still making my rounds through Final Fantasy IX. I've only just recently started the third disc portion.

I still love this game dearly, but I really wish the Treno card tournament wasn't a thing.
I agree with that. Would have preferred that it used a continuation of FFVIII's card game, mostly because unlike FFIX's game, that one didn't depend on RNG. Was it really necessary that tournament?

Reaction score
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja

Hey, @FinalArcadia was right! The QTEs during special moves are fun. Then again, you don't suffer a big penalty for failing them and you can use QTEs to reduce the damage if the opponent hits you with a special. The only thing I can say is that characters are quiet or loud with no in-between (Naruto is extremely loud, while I could barely hear Kakashi), and seeing how that didn't happen in Clash of Ninja I wonder what happened there.

Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy

I'll try to get back to this game since I have been playing Theatrhythm a lot. I hope I still know how to play the game.

On a journey to become whole again.
Reaction score
Slowly playing Splatoon 2 again, planning to get all of the Amiibo gear and filling their slots.

Reaction score

Since I have unlocked everyone, I'm just playing more casually. Now I'm going to bring everyone to Lv. 99 (so far, 1/71.)

I decided it will be better if I level everyone to 60 before I tackle Confessions of the Creator. I'm kinda scared of Feral Chaos since I have never battled him.

Reaction score
Final Fantasy IX (Switch) - After 20+ in-game hours of ignoring the Chocobo sidequest, I decided to give it another go and finally got the water Chocobo upgrade.

The remaster's fast-forward feature helps a lot with this mini-game, but I really don't like it still. I can't imagine doing this on the PS original. Chocobo Hot and Cold and Tetra Master are two things I really don't like about this game.

Reaction score

Now it's time to train Jecht, since I'm doing them in order of their games. Hopefully I can be as annoying to my opponent as Jecht is when fighting against him. Does somebody know if Feral Chaos is harder than normal Chaos, or is it easier since Feral Chaos is a normal character? Also, I find it weird that the game has "Roses of May" instead of "Something to Protect".

Taking it easy.

Final Fantasy IX (Switch) - After 20+ in-game hours of ignoring the Chocobo sidequest, I decided to give it another go and finally got the water Chocobo upgrade.

The remaster's fast-forward feature helps a lot with this mini-game, but I really don't like it still. I can't imagine doing this on the PS original. Chocobo Hot and Cold and Tetra Master are two things I really don't like about this game.
Just wait till you get to Ozma (bonus points if you didn't do the Friendly Monsters sidequest). Or just any optional boss. I don't know why they are that hard.

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Space Empires V: Cretirk VI has fallen, and with it a system I would have liked to take about fifty turns ago. But it's done now, and the entirety of Battlefleet Green (Siege) can move on to Uphada while the mainline fleet clears out of the debris left behind. The future of Green is in question now - as far as the siege fleets are concerned, one can be sent on campaign in Gergan, while the rest can warp past Eridani into the last Abiddon Enclave stronghold. But as for the mainline fleet, I'm wondering whether it would be wiser to decommission half of it. The fleet base at Port Lindsay won't be needed for anything other than an emergency now anyway.

Elsewhere on the borders with the Sheward Sovereignty I'm arming fast. The first reserve squadron of Saker-class light cruisers is ready, with a second being assembled in the yards of Lyrae and Sephandris. I've commissioned two Thunderbird-class stealth dreadnoughts at Gloriana and Pellucida, ready for when the T-Series freighters are ready to reopen warp points.

Reaction score
Just wait till you get to Ozma (bonus points if you didn't do the Friendly Monsters sidequest). Or just any optional boss. I don't know why they are that hard.
To challenge players who have already beat the main game.

I probably won't be going after those, but they're better than these mini-games for sure...