• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

What video games are you playing now?

Cold As Ice
Reaction score
Jumping on the bandwagon played 3 Houses all day with my sister and kids. I won’t spoil anything but it’s certainly a higher quality story than Fates and I’m already thinking this could be the best game in the series for me personally.

Cold As Ice
Reaction score
Sorry to post this here but does anyone know how I get screenshots from my Switch to my phone or PC?

Also Three Houses looks so good artstyle wise makes me sad how Pokémon looks I know totally unrelated but Zelda and FE3H just look so much better.

Currently waiting on my sister to get here to play more Fire Emblem.

AWACS Sky-Eye
Reaction score
So many fire emblem players right now :O

As for me, I finished up Ys Origin as Yunica last night. Thinking of starting either Hollow Knight or Titanfall 2

System
Reaction score
Fire Emblem Three Houses of course.

And this might just be the best FE game. The story has me hooked when I’m not far in, and the support convos are the best I’ve seen. And so far I only have C supports.

Most of all I chose black eagles strictly for Hubert and didn’t care much for the others save one or two, but now I love the whole house save for one, which is actually growing on me.

This game is simply amazing so far and I have a feeling I’ll be playing it for a while.

Cold As Ice
Reaction score
So many fire emblem players right now :O

As for me, I finished up Ys Origin as Yunica last night. Thinking of starting either Hollow Knight or Titanfall 2
Oh another Ys fan! Hollow Knight as well controversial perhaps but Hollow Knight/tied with Ori is my favourite game of this generation I can’t wait for the DLC I always wanted to play as Hornet. :bulbaLove:

I hope they bring Ori to the Switch...

Fire Emblem Three Houses of course.

And this might just be the best FE game. The story has me hooked when I’m not far in, and the support convos are the best I’ve seen. And so far I only have C supports.

Most of all I chose black eagles strictly for Hubert and didn’t care much for the others save one or two, but now I love the whole house save for one, which is actually growing on me.

This game is simply amazing so far and I have a feeling I’ll be playing it for a while.
I chose Black Eagles because my Mother’s side family has the coat of arms of an Eagle and Poland’s symbol is the white Eagle.

Loving this game so far please everyone protect Mercedes she is the bestest of girls. Love exploring the monastery as well feels like a real step forward for the franchise.

Reaction score
Fire Emblem Three Houses,
Playing normal classic, since this is the first playthrough I'm going with the easiest difficulty to really get a feel and make most of the new stuff, my second playthrough (which I'll do with Blue Lions) I'll do hard classic. Chose the Golden Deer of course for my first house. I'm gonna recruit Linhardt and Felix, especially the former since this first playthrough I'm playing as Male!Byleth, so I'll marry him to Linhardt later on when the game gets to that point (just used the default name for Male!Byleth, not sure what I'll use for Fem!Byleth though). The in-game cutscenes are certainly more charming when actually playing than watching from trailers. Exploring the monastery is so cool, and I liked how the house leaders introduce/talk about their fellow students in each respective house. Currently still exploring around the monastery, so sometime tonight I'll get right back into the game.

Fire Emblem Heroes, I finally pulled Claude last night! Now I can finally use a team I've been wanting to build and train. Also, his sprite looks great with the Officer's Academy hat on.

AWACS Sky-Eye
Reaction score
Oh another Ys fan! Hollow Knight as well controversial perhaps but Hollow Knight/tied with Ori is my favourite game of this generation I can’t wait for the DLC I always wanted to play as Hornet. :bulbaLove:

I hope they bring Ori to the Switch...
I enjoyed it :) I was having lunch with a friend and he recommended the 8th one which looks pretty good. I also loveee Ori and the Blind Forest <3

oh wow, sports
Reaction score
Jumping on the bandwagon to say that I've also been playing Three Houses and I am loving the hell out of it. I haven't played much yet but EVERYTHING about it so far is just so damn good. I've loved every Fire Emblem game I've played (yes Fates was a hot mess but I love most of the characters ok leave me alone), but I'm glad they're doing something different. They've really taken the series in a good direction here.

Reaction score
^ Well Three Houses takes minor inspiration from GotHW, so it's no surprise this game will be great and has a good direction for what it is.

Anyway, Fire Emblem Three Houses,
So I just completed the mission where you have to fight Lonato on the fog map. Brought Linhardt with me for this mission since I'm making sure to have my Male!Byleth's and his supports steady going, also been taking seminars to raise Magic and Reason as per Linhardt's recruit requirements. Also been walking around the monastery and talking to people and taking quests. Also, I'm really loving the fishing minigame you can do, never thought I'd want to do this in a FE game lol.

I've also raised Lorenz's and Hilda's support with each other, C rank currently. Let me tell you I ship them now, Hilda's lazy attitude about not wanting to fight and having Lorenz doing her training and fighting for her is cute and funny imo. Right now Lorenz's and Ignatz's support is ready to go to C, but I'll view that sometime tonight, I'm excited to see how their support will go!

Fire Emblem Heroes, I managed to pull Edelgard. Not gonna use her, but it's nice to have all four of the 5 stars in the current Three Houses banner.

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
Am I the only one here who's never played Fire Emblem? I did attempt to play Sacred Stones on my Wii U, but I felt like the game was playing itself. I should get back to it some time.

I've been playing: Pokemon TCG 2 for the GameBoy Color, Trials of Mana, Octopath Traveler, and Stardew Valley on the Switch.

Reaction score
Am I the only one here who's never played Fire Emblem? I did attempt to play Sacred Stones on my Wii U, but I felt like the game was playing itself. I should get back to it some time.
I'd definitely recommend getting into SS again. It's one of the few that gets recommended for being a great starting point in the series, along with Blazing Blade (just called Fire Emblem in the west), Awakening, and Fates (mainly Birthright). The general consensus is that it's a good game with mostly endearing characters and the relationship between the protagonists and antagonist is better compared to others in the series. That being said, Fire Emblem stories aren't super amazing, mainly generic with most you'd see in other fantasy works. The real meat is the strategy aspect of the series, and for some the characters too (both for me personally), though the Tellius games have the best worldbuilding in the series (FE9 and 10).

But yeah, try SS again if you want, and maybe some of the others if you liked it.

Always helping Fatima
Reaction score
Date a Live Rio Reincarnation

Cleared all true ending routes(Tohka,Origami,Yoshino,Kotori,Kurumi)now have to do all 5 for Rinne's Route

Fire Emblem Three Houses(Sided with Edelgard's Black Eagles)

System
Reaction score
Well fire emblem is a strategy rpg so you don’t do more than command the characters. More similar to earlier final fantasy games. The only control you have over your units is what weapon to use and what they do each turn. Other than that you basically have to pray to RNG Goddess not to smite you.

But fire emblem has decent stories and great characters. FE7 and Sacred Stones only allow for five support convos which means you can do only one A rank, so you have to be more careful about supports in those games, but most of them are pretty good. Especially Seth x Eirika. Like Karina said, you should definitely get back into it. If you enjoy it then you’ll enjoy the other games even more.

Reaction score
Fire Emblem Three Houses,
Finally recruited Linhardt into the Golden Deer last night, though I don't think I'll be able to recruit Felix in this run since I focused to much on building a magic Byleth, but I'll be doing Blue Lions on my second run anyway; besides I can always recruit him into the Black Eagles on the third run. Got the Sword of the Creator and even completed the mission in finding Flayn, decided to defeat the Death Knight instead of routing the enemy, it's a 25 turn limit not gonna waste that lol. After that got Flayn into the Golden Deer as well, can't wait to use her in Battle of the Eagle and Lion. Otherwise been doing quests mostly, also got a lot of supports built up too.

Speaking of, I can't decide if I ship Lorenz x Hilda or Lorenz x Marianne now. I think I'm starting to lean toward the latter, especially after getting further in their support, him calling her a hidden beauty was actually really cute. Also got B support with Linhardt, a cute support so far! Especially Linhardt asking Byleth to help him achieve his wish of not wanting to fight much and just lay under a tree with sun filtering through, so romantic imo.

Reaction score
Still playing Fire Emblem Three Houses myself too. I'm admittedly not as emotionally invested in it as I'd like to be but honestly I attribute that mostly to working a lot and being tired because the game is fantastic. I do love the free roaming and interactions. And I've already got it picked out who I'm going to make my first S unit.

Beyond that loading up Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist Link Evolution at times and doing a few duels. And also playing a bit of Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 when I can get a chance so I can do some of the recent DLC.

Petals For Armor
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I, too, have succumbed to the Three Houses trend. Picking Black Eagle for my first run-through, Edelgard was just too enticing for me. :p But that's not all the Fire Emblem I've been playing either! In anticipation for Three Houses I finished my playthrough of Shadow Dragon and started Echoes: Shadows of Valentia for the first time! The former actually took me a while, I was stuck on Chapter 22 (the one with all the dracoknights). I ended up not doing a single Gaiden chapter and finished with three dracoknights in my main party. I did accumulate quite a few deaths during the run though, I think it was around 9 or 10.

Shadows has been going relatively smoother, I'm currently about halfway through the game. Got no units dead in Celica's route and only 2 in Alm's, both to ambushes from moving enemy battalions. Really liking the game so far and I can see where a lot of influence from the game made its way into Three Houses, though is it just me or is the combat in this game so much more luck-focused than previous games? Maybe I'm just not paying enough attention to fatigue but it really seems like the numbers they give you for accuracy and avoidance don't matter in this game within the combat. Ah well, it's still a good game and I really like how they put so much detail in on the characters that matter a tad less to the overarching story, it really fleshes them out. This was the perfect way to do a Fire Emblem remake in my opinion and I hope they do similar remakes in the future of the other Japanese-only games.

Oh, and I've been playing Hollow Knight as well. Did I mention that already?

:D
Reaction score
WELL. I was playing Rune Factory 4 for the 3DS. Regretfully, I cannot just sit and play for an entire day due to my left thumb giving me issues. The circle pad is stuck, so using that is out of the question. The fast directional changes don't agree with my joints; I prefer long sustained pushes like an Etrian Odyssey, if you will. So since farming simulations are my jam, I restarted Stardew Valley. I can see this being a timesink if I'm not careful.

All this fire emblem talk is making me want to brush off my copy of Conquest I'd bought some time ago; but I'm near the ninja hell chapter and I've lost some of my units already. Also FE: Shadows of Valentia is wonderful and y'all should play it if you haven't already.

@TheCapsFan synchronicity!