• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

What video games are you playing now?

Cold As Ice
Reaction score
My laptop is broken and I need a new one to play World of Warcraft with my Husband. He wanted to get me one at £3000 I said No way Jose! So he was going but one at £1500 (n) Are they really that expensive???

All I need it for is World of Warcraft and to do some word processing which I’ve been doing on my tablet. Mostly just timetables for the kids schooling.

Still playing 3 Houses @Juliko defiantly try FE again I’d start with Awakening since you can get it cheap second hand or 3 Houses.

Edit

Forgot to add my point was is it possible to get a laptop to play WoW for under £1000

Last edited:
Go for the eyes, Boo!
Reaction score
Not playing Fire Emblem myself, but I did at last start Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition (XBO) the day before... which also happens to have a tactical TB battle system. I'm having fun in the beginning city,
investigating a murder mystery,
and completing a myriad of quests for various NPCs. Looking forward to when I explore more of the outside world, once my team is stronger.

Perhaps I will start FE: Echoes - Shadows of Valentia soon, as well, to at least get on the FE bandwagon. :cool:

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Medieval II Total War: England. Picking up and old save from last year. Investing in ports and markets is paying off, not least because my kingdom is a kingdom of the coasts. Trade with Denmark and Spain is bringing in a good deal of money despite the Low Countries still being rather underdeveloped. London is at the forefront of the cross-Channel trade.

Moving some men around, I shall be able to have three major armies: one in Nottingham (With some spearmen garrisoned at York in case the Scots get any funny ideas), one in Caen, and one in Antwerp. Which is just as well, since the Holy Roman Empire are getting on my nerves, and have allied with both Scotland and France

Reaction score
Fire Emblem Three Houses,
Completed chapter 8 after defeating Solon and saving the villagers in Remire Village. Now I'm on chapter 9, picked Flayn for the Golden Deer representative at the upcoming ball (well, more like she wanted to volunteer so I picked her to get it out of the way), apparently Charm needs to be at or around 13 to win and Flayn's is at 22, so I'm highly hopeful she'll win. Levelled up more supports, Leonie has really grown on me now, I thought I wouldn't really like her but she's pretty cool after all, plus her admiration for Jeralt is endearing (though her attitude towards Byleth could be a little more considerate due to his pseudo sheltered life, but once I get further in their supports I'll see how it all works out). Also got to C rank on Hanneman's and Manuela's supports, they've also grown on me as well!

I also did the Tea Party minigame for the first time today. Chose Linhardt for this activity, of course. Picking the right topics was pretty easy for him actually, next time I might go for Felix or Claude.

@TheCapsFan I'm curious, after reading your post on playing Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light's and Gaiden's remakes, have you played New Mystery of the Emblem (FE3's remake) on the DS? It's my favorite of the remakes personally, though it made me sad that it never got a western release after Shadow Dragon's poor reception here, so I had to resort to importing it at the time (also it gets a lot of flack sadly). So I'm curious on your thoughts on it if you've played it before.

Petals For Armor
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
@TheCapsFan I'm curious, after reading your post on playing Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light's and Gaiden's remakes, have you played New Mystery of the Emblem (FE3's remake) on the DS? It's my favorite of the remakes personally, though it made me sad that it never got a western release after Shadow Dragon's poor reception here, so I had to resort to importing it at the time (also it gets a lot of flack sadly). So I'm curious on your thoughts on it if you've played it before.
I have not!! I'm hoping for a localized remake akin to Echoes, but if not I'm sure there's like a fan translation out there somewhere. I gotta say the DS Fire Emblem interface is one of if not my favorite in the whole series, with the touch controls and similarity to the GBA in spritework and simplicity.

Reaction score
I have not!! I'm hoping for a localized remake akin to Echoes, but if not I'm sure there's like a fan translation out there somewhere. I gotta say the DS Fire Emblem interface is one of if not my favorite in the whole series, with the touch controls and similarity to the GBA in spritework and simplicity.
I think there is, I remember reading about it on the FE wiki at least. But a Echoes styled remake for western release would be cool to see, as long as they keep Kris (unpopular opinion here lol). But I have to agree that DS FE interface is one of my favorites too, despite the harsh flack it gets for some reason, at least for me it's better to play compared to the originals I've played (while still fun, get tedious after a while sometimes).

♡ scion of light ♡
Reaction score
Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch)
At the beginning of chapter 6 now.
Lysithea is my MVP nearly every battle and she's my highest-leveled unit. Which is good, because she's one of my favorites, along with Claude and Marianne. Still working on recruiting Linhardt; I'm at C-support with him last I checked, though I feel like he's probably close to B. Other than him, I'm not really sure who else to recruit since I'm not actively working on anyone, though I do try to do the tea parties whenever a birthday passes. If anyone else joins (aside from Sylvain and Cyril, who I already have), then it happens; if not, oh well, I'll learn more about the others next playthrough.

Space Wizard/ Dark Sorceress
Reaction score
Stardew Valley. I'm waiting for the void chicken to hatch.

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Medieval II Total War: England. The Holy Roman Empire decided to besiege Antwerp while some of the garrison were putting down a rebellion. Some savage fighting in the town square, but despite losing half my men it quickly turned into a rout and a victory for the English. The French have besieged Caen for some bonkers reason. The castle is garrisoned with about 600 elite archers, I'm not in the least bit worried.

Throwing money at the papacy has yielded a papal alliance, so we'll see, maybe the Pope will start wagging his finger at my enemies

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Medieval II Total War: England. For the second time today, procrastinating. Inconclusive fighting in Normandy has battered my army there. I'm trying to patch it up as quickly as possible so it can reasonably take on the French in the field instead of sitting it out in siege. The Danes have now besieged Antwerp as well, with the garrison there beginning to be chipped away. At some point it will need some sort of reinforcement.

In the meantime an army under King William Rufus is laying siege to Rheims. I don't intend to keep hold of it so much as discomfit the French for a while. The real goal will be to bring an army over from England. Striking at the Danes is tempting, but it would make more sense to march into Anjou to relieve the pressure on Normandy

Reaction score
Now on chapter 13, part 2. Let's recap what happened in my playthrough from 9 to now: in ch.9 we are at the ball but Byleth decides he doesn't want to stay and find somewhere private, there is a special part and dialogue where he talks with Linhardt (whom I'm romancing this file) and they speak about the Goddess Tower being a place where close people meet again years later, and something special happens to them. So this is most likely a special scene for whoever you try to romance. Then we see the death of Jeralt, Byleth's father, after a battle. And let me tell you I haven't cried at an FE death since 4. Just seeing Byleth cry for the first time after witnessing his father die right before his eyes at Kronya's hands (disguised as Monica), and unable to stop it even with turning back time, just really hits you. I know FE is similar with Disney when it comes to parent/guardian deaths, and it shouldn't be surprising, but it's still sad. We also find Jeralt's diary and how he met Byleth's mother and that Rhea did something to Byleth as a baby, since he had a pulse but no heartbeat, and no emotions whatsoever, all because of Sothis being inside Byleth's mind.

Ch.10 shows a mission where Byleth and co. fight Jeralt's killer, at this point Solon returns and what looks to be like kills Kronya. Then we have a, what I'd like to call a minor Kingdom Hearts moment, point where he talks about darkness and the God that Byleth has inside him. Byleth gets trapped in a void of darkness and at this point, we realize that yes Byleth is pretty much a reincarnation of Sothis. Sothis describes that the only way to leave the darkness is to have Byleth absorb her fully, this is the point we see his hair and eye color change, to represent Sothis now finally being one with him, another sad moment imo. After that we, assumingly, kill Solon.

Ch.11 is the mission at the Holy Tomb to receive a revelation from the Goddess. This rite gets interrupted by the Flame Emperor whom we find out is actually Edelgard (not surprising at all though, practically everyone saw it from a mile away via before release and Edelgard's hate for Crests and the Church). Also Byleth gets a cool new exclusive promotion class.

Ch.12 is where the mission to defend the monastery begins, and you have to defeat Hubert, Death Knight, and Edelgard to complete the map. A cool cutscene happens where we see Rhea's dragon form (another obvious non-surprise lol). And so part 2 begins at ch.13, the long awaited timeskip. (Remember that I'm playing the Golden Deer route)

Also let me just say, I hope we don't see any more of those beasts in other games. They're fine to fight if there is one, maybe two, on the map, but more than that they are just tedious enemies that take a bit to kill.

Cold As Ice
Reaction score
Now on chapter 13, part 2. Let's recap what happened in my playthrough from 9 to now: in ch.9 we are at the ball but Byleth decides he doesn't want to stay and find somewhere private, there is a special part and dialogue where he talks with Linhardt (whom I'm romancing this file) and they speak about the Goddess Tower being a place where close people meet again years later, and something special happens to them. So this is most likely a special scene for whoever you try to romance. Then we see the death of Jeralt, Byleth's father, after a battle. And let me tell you I haven't cried at an FE death since 4. Just seeing Byleth cry for the first time after witnessing his father die right before his eyes at Kronya's hands (disguised as Monica), and unable to stop it even with turning back time, just really hits you. I know FE is similar with Disney when it comes to parent/guardian deaths, and it shouldn't be surprising, but it's still sad. We also find Jeralt's diary and how he met Byleth's mother and that Rhea did something to Byleth as a baby, since he had a pulse but no heartbeat, and no emotions whatsoever, all because of Sothis being inside Byleth's mind.

Ch.10 shows a mission where Byleth and co. fight Jeralt's killer, at this point Solon returns and what looks to be like kills Kronya. Then we have a, what I'd like to call a minor Kingdom Hearts moment, point where he talks about darkness and the God that Byleth has inside him. Byleth gets trapped in a void of darkness and at this point, we realize that yes Byleth is pretty much a reincarnation of Sothis. Sothis describes that the only way to leave the darkness is to have Byleth absorb her fully, this is the point we see his hair and eye color change, to represent Sothis now finally being one with him, another sad moment imo. After that we, assumingly, kill Solon.

Ch.11 is the mission at the Holy Tomb to receive a revelation from the Goddess. This rite gets interrupted by the Flame Emperor whom we find out is actually Edelgard (not surprising at all though, practically everyone saw it from a mile away via before release and Edelgard's hate for Crests and the Church). Also Byleth gets a cool new exclusive promotion class.

Ch.12 is where the mission to defend the monastery begins, and you have to defeat Hubert, Death Knight, and Edelgard to complete the map. A cool cutscene happens where we see Rhea's dragon form (another obvious non-surprise lol). And so part 2 begins at ch.13, the long awaited timeskip. (Remember that I'm playing the Golden Deer route)

Also let me just say, I hope we don't see any more of those beasts in other games. They're fine to fight if there is one, maybe two, on the map, but more than that they are just tedious enemies that take a bit to kill.
Can’t read your spoilers your ahead of me but I can’t get over how good this game is. Nintendo really are on fire right now.

North America's only Pippi fan
Reaction score
Dragon Quest Builders 2 (Switch) -- Been playing an eff ton of this game lately. It's completely absorbed me and I'm not even that very far into the story. I've just been too preoccupied trying to build things around my island and keeping my villagers happy.

Though I'm trying to keep my planning down since I read that the Isle of Awakening gets some major, permanent developments later on. So I don't want to build too much only to have it be destroyed later. Nonetheless I'm having fun discovering new room types and combinations.

Still need to get back to FF IX and beat it already...

Cold As Ice
Reaction score
Dragon Quest Builders 2 (Switch) -- Been playing an eff ton of this game lately. It's completely absorbed me and I'm not even that very far into the story. I've just been too preoccupied trying to build things around my island and keeping my villagers happy.

Though I'm trying to keep my planning down since I read that the Isle of Awakening gets some major, permanent developments later on. So I don't want to build too much only to have it be destroyed later. Nonetheless I'm having fun discovering new room types and combinations.

Still need to get back to FF IX and beat it already...
I’ve not started it yet but I hear good things glad your enjoying it.

Space Wizard/ Dark Sorceress
Reaction score
Stardew Valley. My new void chicken is named Violet.

Reaction score
Up to chapter 17 now. Had to defend the destroyed and abandoned monastery after Byleth reunited with Claude, the rest of the Golden Deer appearing during battle to help out as well. Mostly between chapters 13 and 17 was defending and defeating enemy commanders, so far killed Ashe and Ferdinand. I kind of wished I put more effort into recruiting them, but since Ashe is Blue Lions I'll recruit Ferdinand into that house on my next playthrough, and maybe more of the Black Eagles too (still recruiting Linhardt next playthrough too lol). Also got more supports raised during battles, just to let others know that are curious S supports only happen after the war is over and the bond between your Byleth and whatever character you romance is deep enough (you'll know when you see it). Tonight I'll complete ch.17, Blood of the Eagle and Lion.

Fire Emblem Heroes, I finally pulled Sothis! Honestly I thought it would take longer for me to get her, like a couple days at best. Thinking of putting her on a raid team.