• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Breath of the Wild, mostly. I was really hoping to get it completed (Normal mode, all Koroks & Shrines etc) before Astral Chain launched but that's definitely not gonna happen - I've got about 200 Koroks and 30 shrines still to go. And most of the DLC, a bunch of sidequests, armour upgrades.... boy, this game has a lot of stuff!

A couple days ago I started Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes... and beat it an hour and a half later. I must be doing a pretty good job of avoiding spoilers cuz I had heard Ground Zeroes was a miniature slice of a game but I never put together that it was literally one main story mission plus a few side missions. It was one mission but it was one complex, dark, dramatic, stylish, and riveting mission. It was seriously awesome, and now I’m ten times more excited to finish the series with The Phantom Pain. I’m waiting a few days to do that, though, so I can get the most out of Ground Zeroes, maybe unlock the Extra Op and do that. I won’t be doing that for more than a few days though, cuz Phantom Pain is so close I can taste it.

Digimon World Next Order: Somewhat amazingly, managed to beat Jesmon and Gankoomon. That's really the only majorly impressive thing to come from that lifetime. I did manage to recruit Ophanimon as well, who could have bee useful in teaching us the final fire element skill... Had I not learned it literally the next day from Jesmon and Gankoomon anyway. Now the only skill we don't have is the final Filth element skill, and I'm, really quite ok with not having that perfected. We'll probably learn it by the end of the toilet army scenario anyway. Current partners are LadyDevimon and Monzaemon, and the most likely Ultimate stages look to be Rosemon and Vikemon.

Terraria: Finally got rain, so I now have 7 spare frost cores (even though I totally only needed one). Let me tell you, having frost armour and a Fire Gauntlet equipped at the same time, the combination of blue and red particles on your weapons is beautiful. Especially if you also have a Yo-Yo Bag equipped, meaning 4 points emitting those particles as they swirl around you. That yo-yo was kinda fun to use, but it really feels like you've gotta have a Yo-Yo Bag equipped to make them useful, and I don't particularly wanna drop my Flame Gauntlet or Frozen Turtle Shell.

J-Stars Victory Vs+

I think I'm almost done with Luffy's story, however, I discovered something that is annoying me in this game: no matter what attack you use, if Medaka is the last character defeated you will get a panty shot. Really. It makes fighting Medaka the most awkward thing ever.

Terraria: Finished off the Party Girl's party house, next up is making something with a Scrooge McDuck-style money bin for the Tax Collector. Found a few Plantera Bulbs, and made a (hopefully) decently sized hole to fight in. Only thing left is to actually fight her.

Digimon Hacker's Memory: Just playing the story and raising Digimon. Evolved Susanoomon.

I have just finished Crimson Flower and Silver Snow Routes of Fire Emblem 3 Houses. My thoughts in general, which contain spoilers.

This is defintley the most unique path of 3 Houses, largely because its the only one in which the church isn't your ally in anyway; that made it fun to play after Golden Deer and Blue Lions involved you siding with the Church of Serios. It is also worth noting that this path is 18 chapters in total, which is unfortunate because this is the most unique path of 3 Houses and I found most interesting from a narrative point of view. As a result, this path feels very rushed and events like TWSID are shoved into the epilogue, where they are magically solved. Not even the battle at Gronderfield occurs on this path. The only thing new we actually learn is that Arundel was the mastermind behind the Tragedy of Duscur, and he framed Edelgard for the crime. My opinion on Edelgard hasn't changed though. She seemed to conquer the Alliance for the heck of it, and when her people are dying for her, she shrugs it off, saying that its for the greater good. Not to mention she lies about the Javelin of Light that destroy Arianhod, using the church as a scapegoat. She's more than willing to lie about in order to frame the church, which makes her no different than Rhea. And when we finally learn that Lord Arundel is responsible for the Tragedy of Duscur, I have to wonder why she never told Dimitri in Blue Lions or in this route while on his Death bed. If she had told him, he probably would have had some second thoughts over his breakdown. Especially after she cries after his death during in this path. Speaking of Rhea, she does go crazy, but she only does that in this path, and is more or less stable on every path, so I feel like Edelgard is the problem; not to mention she apologizes for her atrocities and shows deep regret, unlike Edelgard. But I digress, I enjoyed this path for its uniqueness, its just stripped by its shortness which is rather unfortunate because it was a good opportunity to show off the good side of Edelgard,

This was probably the most unnecessary route in the whole game. 95% of it is copied by Golden Deer, with all the maps reused with exception of the Final Battle and Gronder Field, which happens off-screen; in fact the only students you actually fight in this route are: Lorenz, Ashe, Edelgard, and Hubert. Everyone else is presumably killed on Gronderfield if they were not recruited into the army. The only Positives is that we learn that Seteth and Flayn are children of the goddess as well as learning the truth of Byleth's backstory, but that could have easily been handled in the Golden Deer. And the final boss battle was literally most forced thing ever- they couldn't copy the final boss from GD so they make Rhea go mad and we have to kill her despite everything else being cut, copy, and paste from GD. I had fun playing it, but man, they should spent time expanding Crimson Flower than reusing Golden Deer. And if its not obvious, don't do Church Route and Golden Deer consecutively, you will be bored.

Still on Breath of the Wild too, cleared the 4 Divine Beasts, got nearly 800 Koroks and 112 Shrines. Doing the Champion's Ballad before heading to Hyrule Field.

I just haven't really felt like playing Fire Emblem lately for a few reasons. Haven't loaded it up in over 3 weeks now.

Instead I loaded up Fallout 4 for the first time in a few months today. Was able to get all the DLC for pretty cheap a few months ago and I've still got a good deal of that to go through.

RuneScape: Still playing this. I'm paying for membership now, so instead of working towards just monthly goals, I've set up weekly goals so I'm getting my money's worth out of the membership and all. This week, I'm working on getting 97 Mining and 70 Smithing and also getting clan resources for the clan. The month's goal is to hit 70 Smithing and 99 Mining.

Pokemon HeartGold: Still playing this one too. I'm at the Olivine City gym right now, grinding up in preparation for rechallenging Jasmine since I already lost once to her. Got my fingers crossed that I can beat her on round 2.

LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4: Picking this back up for the month to try and get 100% completion on it and clear out a little more of my gaming backlog. I've got everything that I need to do to reach that point written down, I just need to sit down and actually do it. Easier said than done though since my Wiimote batteries are dead, and I don't have any more AA batteries for it. :c

Astral Chain, picked up the game a day after release and have been enjoying it so far. Finished up File 3 earlier today and will start on File 4 a bit later, had to get my bearings during the Arrow Legion fight as it kinda threw me off at first, but finally was able to beat and acquire it. I hope I get the Beast Legion soon, as it's my favorite of the bunch due to it being a dog. I'm playing as the female protagonist for my first run, decided to give her blue hair in a ponytail style and red-brown eyes, and I'm really liking her twin brother so much (as well as 3-4 other male characters :love:).

I put FETH on the side for a bit a couple days ago, though sometime tomorrow I'll pick it up again and go through more of the Black Eagles route (Edelgard's side, at least). Will also replay FE New Mystery of the Emblem again sometime tomorrow night, been wanting to shower my fav FE avatar, Kris, with some love again.

Back
Top Bottom