• With COPPA coming into full effect, the comments section and notifications for our YouTube videos are disabled. Not to worry, though, you can keep up with the latest episodes for all our ongoing series and provide your comments in the Bulbasocial section here.

What video games are you playing now?

Smooth Sailing
Reaction score
I finished Pikmin & loved it. The final area was really well designed.

There were glitches & weird gameplay quirks that made it a little less enjoyable than later games, though. Things like the crushing glitch, and the decision to make Pikmin latch onto random things like Pellet Posies on their own as you pass by them, even if you're being chased by an enemy. That was annoying & lead to some unnecessary Pikmin deaths.

Other than that, I liked it. I probably won't go back to it as much as the other games due to the mechanical improvements, but it was enjoyable. I might try to map out an optimal route & do a minimum day run later this year.

For the thing I'm actually playing right now: I started playing Super Mario RPG! Despite my love for the game, I've never... actually fully beaten it myself? So I'm doing that now. Just got to Yo'ster Isle :V

Reaction score
I'm alternating between my Mario Kart marathon, Super Mario RPG and Paper Mario 64. Is it me, or the timing window in the original Paper Mario is more strict than the one in The Thousand Year Door?

Sword Art Online Hollow Realization(Switch)
Is that the Sword Art Online game I'm thinking of?

make a wish ★
Reaction score
Picked RuneScape back up for the new year. I have a goal to get two of my skills up to 99 this year, probably Smithing and Fishing, so I've been playing a lot the last couple of days since I have a goal to gain a level a day; easier said than done since I've been working every day since New Year's, but hey, some progress is better than no progress. I'm focusing on my Smithing right now, which is currently at level 82 (and I'm almost halfway to 83!).

Also picked up Bravely Second to play on my 3DS on Sundays while I wait for my mom to get off work since she's been staying later than me lately (and I don't want to have to drive all the way home only to have to drive all the way back an hour later to pick her up). I got this game years ago when it launched, and I never even got past chapter 1. I'm at the battle where I need to beat Minette for her Catmancer asterisk (one of the classes I'm most excited for in this game, even if it's probably not a very useful class), and I've been struggling a lot with it. Apparently I'm underleveled for the area I'm in, so I've been trying to grind to get the characters to the lower end of the level range for the area but I keep dying and having to restart since I haven't been saving. Hopefully this Sunday I can get past this part, haha; really wanting to play the rest of the game!

❤ Fluorite & Gypsums
Reaction score
Nothing at this very moment, but just in general, Final Fantasy 14, Pokemon Shield, Stardew Valley and Sim City 4

ᴡᴀɴᴅᴇʀᴇʀ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ
Reaction score
i've been playing a ton of Ys VII: Lacromosa of Dana and holy shit this game has so many twists and turns... @[email protected] it's also super grindy which is great and it's appropriately challenging on harder difficulties, too! flash guarding and flash moving are amazing tools that will always be invaluable to taking down bosses.

Smooth Sailing
Reaction score
Still playing Super Mario RPG. Just got to Marrymore.

The minigame where you hide from the Snifits is the most stress I have felt in any video game. :V

Reaction score
i've been playing a ton of Ys VII: Lacromosa of Dana and holy shit this game has so many twists and turns... @[email protected] it's also super grindy which is great and it's appropriately challenging on harder difficulties, too! flash guarding and flash moving are amazing tools that will always be invaluable to taking down bosses.

Which version?

Fire Emblem Heroes

Scored another 5* (Tiki)

Reaction score
I'm playing Yoshi's Island on the GBA. I completed the game many years back but now I want to see if I can do it all over again in a new save file.

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
The Manga Works (Switch) - I decided to try this little indie game by Kairosoft the other week and playing it now and then. It's a cute, and kinda hard, little strategy game. A little addicting too.
That's out now? Cool! I've been wanting to play that since I heard about it.

I just finished this REALLY old gameboy game called Hamtaro: Ham-Hams Unite. Ahh, my childhood...

Reaction score
Mary Skelter 2

Wanting to play the original but it's locked out and requires you to beat the second one before you can play the original :(

Reaction score
Mary Skelter 2

Wanting to play the original but it's locked out and requires you to beat the second one before you can play the original :(
That... doesn't really sound logical at all. Since I don't know about that game series, is the second game at least a prequel to kinda justify this?

この日、森の中・・・
Reaction score
Final Fantasy IV (DS). It’s so fun! Currenlty climbing up Mt. Ordeals.

ᴡᴀɴᴅᴇʀᴇʀ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ
Reaction score
Which version?
Switch version.

also i just finished Ys VIII and i recommend it to just about any JRPG fan! it's grindy (honestly if you've been playing JRPGs for a while you should be used to this) but at the end of the day it's really rewarding and the combat is super fun. n.n

gonna be playing DQXI S next!

Smooth Sailing
Reaction score
Still playing Super Mario RPG. I've just gotten to Bowser's Keep.

I've really loved playing with a Mario-Mallow-Geno party comp so far. For normal enemies I give Mallow the Feather and give Geno the Scrooge Ring. With the Feather, Mallow can use an AoE immediately, which typically takes everything out in one hit. Then, if there's anything strong enough to survive the AoE, I can just Geno Whirl it. (The timing on Geno Whirl has surprised me, in that it's actually very easy to pull off once you know when you're supposed to hit it.)

For bosses, I swap whatever accessory gives the best stat boosts onto Geno so I can give the Scrooge Ring to Mallow. Geno can use Geno Boost immediately on whichever ally has the boss' weakness, then I typically just have him use physical attacks for the rest of the battle. Mallow usually has at least one elemental attack that bosses are weak to, and he uses his magic attacks far more than his physical anyway, so halving the amount of FP he uses during boss fights has worked very well for me.

I know there's more optimal setups, but it's very fun, and the game isn't too difficult so I'm not burnt up about it :V

(I have of course switched Mallow out for Bowser now that we're in Bowser's Keep tho, I feel like I owe it to the guy since he hasn't been home in weeks lol)

Last edited: