• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Harvest Moon DS. I'm building another animal barn. Time to get some more cows and sheep.

Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn - a replay of this with an evil character this time... and realizing more than before that this game is geared more toward good-aligned characters than not. It seems I need to make sure my reputation isn't too low or there will be severe consequences. But I'm, nonetheless, going through the motions with this planned playthrough.

Final Fantasy VII... but not the remake. Even if I had the means to play the remake, I still wouldn't buy it just yet, if at all, until a more complete edition is available. Instead, I thought I'd just play the original version as a substitute for that; though, somehow, I'm finding the original version to be a bit less fun to play now than it used to be.

Last edited:
Even if I had the means to play the remake, I still wouldn't buy it just yet, if at all, until a more complete edition is available.
Could you explain? I did not follow the FFVII remake news (mostly thanks to GameFAQs and the like...), but what do you mean that it needs a more complete version? Did they do the same thing as Street Fighter V or something?

Could you explain? I did not follow the FFVII remake news (mostly thanks to GameFAQs and the like...), but what do you mean that it needs a more complete version? Did they do the same thing as Street Fighter V or something?
From what I gather, what has been released so far is not a remake of the full game but just the Midgar section, albeit with extra content. The remake is being released in separate parts, similar to a Telltale Adventure game or something of that nature. Can't say I know all the details, though.

From what I gather, what has been released so far is not a remake of the full game but just the Midgar section, albeit with extra content. The remake is being released in separate parts, similar to a Telltale Adventure game or something of that nature. Can't say I know all the details, though.
Then yeah, it's the RPG equivalent of Street Fighter V. I just hope it doesn't need three years to get good.

Animal Crossing New Horizons.

I want to play FF7R as well, but TBH, I can only handle one game at a time, and I want New Horizons to last. If only FF7R could have launched in January, that would have been the perfect time for me. Oh well, someday!

Then yeah, it's the RPG equivalent of Street Fighter V. I just hope it doesn't need three years to get good.
From what I've heard it's already a very good game, just really frustrating in its style of release

• Animal Crossing: New Horizons: taking my sweet time with this one. Not time traveling, not playing 18 hours a day, just maybe an hour or two here and there. That's the kind of way I have to approach simulation games; since there's no real end goal, I just have to ensure I don't get sick of them too soon. Currently I'm crafting for the second wave of villagers. yes I know that's early but as you probably guessed from everything else I've said about the game, I really don't care.
  • Pokemon Crystal: in the middle of a Nuzlocke challenge for each generation starting with Yellow, and I'm now onto the second one. Crystal has been tougher than Yellow, I'm grinding for the fifth gym. Team so far is Quilava, Sudowoodo, Psyduck, Goldeen, Arbok, Noctowl.
  • Mario and Luigi: Dream Team: I'd wager I'm probably about 60-70% through this game, playing it slowly but enjoying it more and more as I get through it. Bowser's Inside Story is and probably always will be my favorite in the series, but I really like this one so far. Shame that Alphadream went bankrupt, maybe they shouldn't have remade a 8-year old game that could still be played on the console they remade it for.
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX: Playing this one on and off recently, less so now that Animal Crossing is out. Finished the main campaign a bit ago and now working on the postgame content. I really love the art style in this game; it's a bit laggy at parts, but the art style makes up for it.
  • Hue: Nice little indie puzzle/platformer that I'm playing for Switch. The gimmick is changing the background color to make certain platforms visible/invisible, and it's pretty tricky thus far.
  • Boxboy: Playing this on and off as I'm watching youtube or netflix. The puzzles are cute, some are more simplistic than others. I'll probably buy the next game when I'm done with this one.
  • Persona Q: Started playing this one back in the fall and just now getting back into it (I had only played about 5 hours). I'm not a fan of labyrinth games too much but I like the characters, so I'll stick with this one a bit and see where it goes (I chose the Persona 3 crew).
  • Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins: Man I really enjoyed this game. It was simple and charming and had a lot of cool levels. Quite impressive for a Gameboy game. Moving on to Wario Land 1 now that it's done and I'm excited to begin the series, it's gonna be my first Wario Land game.

Playing through Luigi's Mansion 3 and The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening again. Being under quarantine has made me appreciate these games more.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Been playing a lot of this lately. I haven't quite reached the "end game" (terraforming and getting KK Slider) yet, but I'm working towards it slowly but surely. Regardless, I've been more or less enjoying it a lot (other than the Easter event), and I've been playing pretty much every day.

RuneScape - This one's still a staple in my games to play. I'm almost at 99 Smithing (and I'll probably hit it by the end of the weekend), and after that, I'm gonna be going for 99 Fishing.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch) - I've been playing this for a couple weeks now and only recently unlocked the terraforming app. My town layout is nearly complete now. I admittedly time traveled to make moving houses go by a lot quicker, but it was worth it. I only got two or three left to move.

Dragon Quest VIII (3DS) - I'm now in the last leg of the game and am currently at the World of Darkness. The boss though is giving me a lot of trouble, so I either need to grind or try to gather as many status-resistant accessories as I can. It's not easy though when so many of them have to be made in the alchemy pot and the necessary ingredients are extremely scarce. I'm only able to make Full Moon Rings which will have to do.

Rune Factory 3. Winter looks so pretty. Exploring the dungeons is pretty fun.

Animal Crossing- New Leaf. Got a cool globe for Earth Day.

Back
Top Bottom