• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Well, it appears the answer to the question "Will I go back for the 0.2 challenges?" is "No", because I've started Kingdom Hearts 1. I'm about halfway through the Traverse Town revisit, and I'd honestly forgotten how kinda janky this game is. The camera's really bad since it'll take a second or two to register that you've tilted the stick, and parrying attacks for Tech EXP is a good idea in theory, but the windows seem really weird and you'll wind up taking a claw to your face more often than you successfully get a few extra EXP.

started Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town on the Switch! never played the original and I'm really happy to finally start on this one. it's super cute!! also trying out World of Warcraft on the side. (b' ')b

started Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town on the Switch! never played the original and I'm really happy to finally start on this one. it's super cute!! also trying out World of Warcraft on the side. (b' ')b

It changes all the great and classic art of the original game and, instead, uses the generic cute assets from mobile games.

But, at the end of the day, if you’re happy that’s what matters. Go for it and enjoy the game.

Last edited:
Final Fantasy XV which I actually finished on Halloween. Not a perfect game with it's fair share of flaws but I enjoyed my time with it regardless and the voice performances are some of my favorites in the franchise especially both Ray Chase as Noctis and Darin De Paul as Ardyn. Going to be checking out the DLC content too.

Kingdom Hearts: Cleared Agrabah, Halloween Town, and Monstro, the latter of which ultimately stretched my patience to the fucking limit as I attempted to figure out how the various chambers connected together so I could reach those damn dalmatians. Also I really do wish there was an button to skip summon sequences. They're really good and useful options but having to go through the full 15 second-ish cutscene every time you do gets a little obnoxious. It also continues to have one of the worst cameras I've ever had the displeasure of wrestling with.

Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition - I started playing this about a couple months ago and I'm now at the final chapter. I've been grinding a lot (now level 80) and taking on the late-game sidequests, but I have a short attention span and I think I'll just go after the final bosses soon.

Vestaria Saga, an indie game by Shouzhou Kaga, who created the Fire Emblem series.
So far it's pretty much a classic Fire Emblem game with a handful of changes, some interesting. I wish it had a bit more Genealogy of Holy War, but I'm enjoying it.
Make sure to use and train most of your units (since it's like FE2 and 4 for not getting too many units), and make sure to check talks often if you can (so you don't miss recruits or items and you can trigger events).

Stardew Valley. I'm trying to raise my fishing skill.

Hollow Knight: Not terribly far in, mostly just wandering around the first area and filling out the map. Speaking of, the initial period of "Where the fuck am I" as you aimlessly wander before bumping into the map guy is not an enjoyable time, as it was impossible to orient myself because the areas are so twisty and, honestly, pretty samey in appearance for the most part. Once you get the map and have something to anchor your rough location to in your mind, exploration starts to work and become enjoyable, even before you get your quill and markers to mark out where you've been, just having the area's basic skeleton is helpful enough.
So yeah, not looking forward to that same mess when I get to new areas.

the initial period of "Where the fuck am I" as you aimlessly wander before bumping into the map guy is not an enjoyable time, as it was impossible to orient myself because the areas are so twisty and, honestly, pretty samey in appearance for the most part.
Could not agree more. This is what initially put me off of Hollow Knight, I wish there were some way to make this easier. It does increase the difficulty a lot, as well. A callback to classic Metroidvania for sure, but not necessarily a welcome one.

Anyway, played a bit more of Super Mario 3D All-Stars last night, as well as some Pokemon SoulSilver. The former I've been playing through Galaxy and 64 before tackling Sunshine. The latter, I started a Nuzlocke Randomizer with another community I'm a part of. So far I'm at Azalea Town with only one death.

Slowly getting back into my gaming groove again, as the elections zapped me of all drive due to anxiety. As a result, I started a new file in Trials of Mana (Switch) while also deleting a previous file (I didn't like Duran during my playthrough with him, as he's almost as annoying as Charlette, making him my second least favorite of the PCs). As always, Kevin is my go-to choice for a main character (the guy is a beast in battle, pun intended, and has interesting class options), with Angela and Riesz as my go-to backups. I'm not far, as I just started the file this afternoon. I just escaped Jadd and entered Rabite Forest for the first time, though earlier I did spend some extra time in Duskmoon Forest during Kevin's opening to see if I could farm a few extra Item Seeds (only got 2 extras, so it wasn't very productive). Will try to farm more Item Seeds later in Rabite Forest, as the Rabites sometimes drop them, as well as grind for early levels before I go after Faerie (for the record, I hate that particular spelling of the word, as it feels a bit too much and unnatural for such a simple word to me) and recruit Angela. Had to stop for now, though, as my Switch Lite needs recharging and I had forgotten to recharge it a while back due to the previously mentioned zapped drive. Will probably pick it back up tomorrow, as tonight has my favorite show, so I don't want to miss it. That's all for now.

Aiming to complete all confidants on Persona 5 Royal and I think I'm making great progress. I'm on 7/9 and this is where I'm at (not counting Fool, Magician and Judgement):

Priestess - 1
Emperor - 3
Hierophant - 4
Lovers - 6
Chariot - 9
Justice - 3
Fortune - 2
Strength - 10/MAX
Hanged Man - 4
Death - 10/MAX
Temperance - 8
Star - 1
Moon - 7
Sun - 6
Faith - 4
Councillor - 5

I'll unlock Devil/Ichiko after completing a couple of confidants. I'll prioritise Ryuji, Ann and Mishima over Summer break.

Also aiming for a 100% compendium, all I need are the confidant personas and one more treasure demon (playing on new game plus).

Back
Top Bottom