• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Beat both Bravely Default II and damn, things went downhill real fast after the last time I posted about it here. I want to post a long rant about the entire game, but I'm lazy so I'm not going to :cautious:

--

I also did a 120 star run of Super Mario Galaxy. It's probably been nearly a decade since I've played it, since my Wii copy kept crashing every time I entered the game. My playthrough went pretty smoothly , which is surprising since I was expecting to ragequit on so many levels. I somehow passed the three trial galaxies on the 1st or 2nd try, and I passed most of the 1 HP boss comets on the first try. I guess it helps that I'm older now?

The most challenging levels for me were the coin comet in the Dreadnought Galaxy, and Bouldergeist daredevil run. The former has very little room for error, and the latter was just really tedious. I also spent a whole hour looking for two purple coins in Freezeflame Galaxy, which was also reeeeally nice.

No clue what I'm going for next. Might go back to Rune Factory 4 or buy Pokemon Snap/the latest SoS game. Or even SMG2 and Odyssey since I've been playing through all the other 3D Mario titles.

Picked up Monster Rancher 4 again today. I decided on what my next two monsters would be: Ryulon and Pixie, so that's what I go. Balto the Ryulon (Tiger/Mogi) and Bea the Pixie (Pixie/Pixie). Also, something I didn't realize initially is that all three of my current monsters' names start with the letter "B" (Blaze, Balto, and Bea), which I didn't plan, mind, it just happened. Anyway, did the first exploration in Toggle Caves and got the first Training Gadget tablet. Managed to get Blaze up to Adventure Level 4 and Balto and Bea to Level 3, though, god, I had a few close shaves with wild Shins while in the caves. They're pretty strong for this point in the game, so I nearly had Blaze KOed a few times (him getting "bullish" at bad times, which seems to have replaced the Foolery mechanic from earlier games, didn't help either). Had to stop for now as I'll be meeting my dad to take my car in to have its tires changed in a little bit, so I have to get ready for it. Will probably continue tomorrow.

Playing Monster Rancher 4 today, continuing the file that got cut off when my PS2 Slim bit the dust. Got a lot done. Got my first ranch expansion, adding Ironfang the Helm Hound (Tiger/Madillo) and Bea the Pixie (Pixie/Pixie) to my ranks. Did the three explorations in Togle Caves and beat the Raiden boss at the bottom, which now means I can unlock Raidens in the Shrime. Blaze the Garu won the Rank D tournament while Ironfang won the Rank E tournament.

Morrowind was on sale for 10 bucks, so I decided to get it a few days ago since I liked Skyrim and heard that the game is really good. My character is a dark elf mage who is currently going through random crates for alchemical materials and money.

Also got New Pokemon Snap and Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town for my graduation, so I'll probably play one of those sometime this week too.

Just beat Super Mario 64, part of the Switch anniversary edition. It's funny how the only reason this game is hard is because of awful camera controls (always changing directions and making you not see what's ahead or its limited range) and somewhat bad movements (I hate how Mario slips every time you stop after running, made me fall out of plataforms a bunch of times during the gameplay). Zelda Ocarina of Time has similar problems, took me over an hour to defeat Ganon lol

Those're probably old videogame consoles' issues, since I beat Breath of the Wild and Odyssey pretty fast without any problem whatsoever.

Fire Emblem Three Houses(Blue Lions Route)

Trained a bit with various units(going with Byleth&Constance for final pairing)

Resident Evil Village

Constantly trying to beat it in the 3 hours or less speed run but I always take too long in one of the 4 Locations in the game

I've sunk like 12 hours into New Pokemon Snap, and I haven't even passed the second area yet :whistle:

Guy at the EB Games where I got it said they had a lot of returns of the game because of how short in length it was. With how long I've spent on the game already, I wouldn't be surprised if I spent 60+ hours on it when I'm done with it.

There's so many secrets in the game, and some of them are ridiculously obscure in the methods you need use to see them. But I always find something new whenever I go through a course, and I love it!

Picked up Monster Rancher 4 again for the first time in a while. I went on the 3rd Kalaragi Jungle adventure in order to fight the Gaboo boss: Don Mudleone. The reason why I haven't picked up the game in a while is because of HIM! I failed to beat him 7 times, which forced me to reset and try again. It also caused me to lose several Training Gadget tablets in the process each time. He always, ALWAYS gives me grief, but this was worse than usual. This time, however, I managed to beat him AND walked away with 5 Training Gadget tablets to boot, so that's a huge relief. As a result I'm now an official Rank B breeder and moving onto the events in Torble.

Still playing Monster Rancher 4. I got to Torble, met the big bad Wit, the hate sink Diehl, and the cute waitress Chiho. Took care of the Mocchi mission, so I can now unlock Mocchis. Battled Diehl's special Durahan in the B-Rank tournament and utterly creamed it. Gained access to Age Island and met Mrs. Casa, Phayne's old teacher, who delved into Phayne's backstory. Made a few food purchases at the hospital and now have access to Vizley tournaments. Also got the A-Rank breeder certificate from Cynthia (no, not my username-based Cynthia, the Cynthia that runs the Monster Association in Togle). Now I'm working on getting into the A-Rank battles with Blaze the Garu but tournaments are pretty scarce the higher you go, so it'll be a while before I can move onto the next bit of story.

Untitled Goose Game (Switch). Causing mischief is really fun.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst (PC). I finished it last night, actually. I'm just finishing all the side content right now and man, what a game. I seriously hope we get a 3rd game someday.

Hyper Light Drifter: Started a few days ago and it's... Certainly a game? Like, the gameplay is reasonably enjoyable, if absurdly difficult. So many areas just throw so many enemies at you that you've just gotta kinda swing and pray. And since that was only the first area the game points you towards I'm kinda really dreading the next places I go to. Also the story is, like, incredibly confusing to the highest degree. Attempting to tell a story without dialogue is all well and good, and certainly something I can get behind, but that's gotta be done really well or it turns into what Hyper Light Drifter's been so far: Vague to the point of incomprehensibility. I'll give it a bit more time to get me, but I feel like this one's shaping up to be Not For Me.

Super Mario 64: Playing for the first time since I was a kid, and currently 110 stars into a 120 star run. Boy howdy are some of these later stages exceptionally tough to hit 7 stars on. Tiny-Huge Island took an incredibly long time to get the 100 coins from, and I actually had to stop trying for Tick Tock Clock's 100 coin star 'cause I just kept falling off and getting way too aggravated to keep going. I feel like part of it is the fact that the camera is very much from an early 3D platformer, and not wonderful at allowing some of the angles you really need to be able to see. But part of it was definitely just my fatigue from having played for a fair while before that. Either way, Rainbow Ride's gonna be a fucking time.

Got Dragon Quest 11 on PC. Been really wanting to play some traditional turn based combat lately and since i heard a lot of good things about this game, decided to buy it now that it's currently on sale.

Still playing Monster Rancher 4. I finally got Blaze the Garu into enough A-Rank tournaments to get to the big official A-Rank tournament. I also got both Ironfang the Helm Hound and Bea the Pixie to the A-Rank, too, while Gaia the Eagle King is still in the D-Rank, and worst of all, Julia the Antlan Yellow is still stuck in E-Rank. That's because all of her tournaments kept overlapping with the higher ranked ones, and since the higher the rank the fewer the tournaments there are, she kinda got the shaft by accident. Anyway, Blaze won the A-Rank tournament, which now allows me into the S-Rank. Considering that Wit and his special Ripper are in the tournament, with pretty outrageous stats, I was expecting a bit more of a fight from him. Instead, Blaze completely curb-stomped him. I had more trouble with the regular contestants than him. At least they managed to land a hit or two, but Wit's Ripper got mowed down like child's play. But this also means I can now finally move onto the next bit of story events, which include the newest dungeon to explore: Promiass Ruins.

Super Mario 64: All 120 stars collected and Bowser defeated. Rainbow Ride was actually nowhere near as terrible as I expected, to be honest, especially given that I was using the speedrun tech to skip the first carpet for 6/7 stars. I've seen so many people saying that Rainbow Ride is the worst stage, but no, I'd totally give that dishonour to Tiny-Huge island. Everything's too far spread out and the Giant Mario gimmick just made a lot of tiny platforms that were way too easy to fall off of.

Banjo--Kazooie:
Cleared out Mumbo's Mountain aside from one honeycomb piece I can't figure out the location of.

Back
Top Bottom