• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Picked up Monster Rancher 4 again for the first time in a while. I went on the 3rd Kalaragi Jungle adventure in order to fight the Gaboo boss: Don Mudleone. The reason why I haven't picked up the game in a while is because of HIM! I failed to beat him 7 times, which forced me to reset and try again. It also caused me to lose several Training Gadget tablets in the process each time. He always, ALWAYS gives me grief, but this was worse than usual. This time, however, I managed to beat him AND walked away with 5 Training Gadget tablets to boot, so that's a huge relief. As a result I'm now an official Rank B breeder and moving onto the events in Torble.

Still playing Monster Rancher 4. I got to Torble, met the big bad Wit, the hate sink Diehl, and the cute waitress Chiho. Took care of the Mocchi mission, so I can now unlock Mocchis. Battled Diehl's special Durahan in the B-Rank tournament and utterly creamed it. Gained access to Age Island and met Mrs. Casa, Phayne's old teacher, who delved into Phayne's backstory. Made a few food purchases at the hospital and now have access to Vizley tournaments. Also got the A-Rank breeder certificate from Cynthia (no, not my username-based Cynthia, the Cynthia that runs the Monster Association in Togle). Now I'm working on getting into the A-Rank battles with Blaze the Garu but tournaments are pretty scarce the higher you go, so it'll be a while before I can move onto the next bit of story.

Untitled Goose Game (Switch). Causing mischief is really fun.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst (PC). I finished it last night, actually. I'm just finishing all the side content right now and man, what a game. I seriously hope we get a 3rd game someday.

Hyper Light Drifter: Started a few days ago and it's... Certainly a game? Like, the gameplay is reasonably enjoyable, if absurdly difficult. So many areas just throw so many enemies at you that you've just gotta kinda swing and pray. And since that was only the first area the game points you towards I'm kinda really dreading the next places I go to. Also the story is, like, incredibly confusing to the highest degree. Attempting to tell a story without dialogue is all well and good, and certainly something I can get behind, but that's gotta be done really well or it turns into what Hyper Light Drifter's been so far: Vague to the point of incomprehensibility. I'll give it a bit more time to get me, but I feel like this one's shaping up to be Not For Me.

Super Mario 64: Playing for the first time since I was a kid, and currently 110 stars into a 120 star run. Boy howdy are some of these later stages exceptionally tough to hit 7 stars on. Tiny-Huge Island took an incredibly long time to get the 100 coins from, and I actually had to stop trying for Tick Tock Clock's 100 coin star 'cause I just kept falling off and getting way too aggravated to keep going. I feel like part of it is the fact that the camera is very much from an early 3D platformer, and not wonderful at allowing some of the angles you really need to be able to see. But part of it was definitely just my fatigue from having played for a fair while before that. Either way, Rainbow Ride's gonna be a fucking time.

Got Dragon Quest 11 on PC. Been really wanting to play some traditional turn based combat lately and since i heard a lot of good things about this game, decided to buy it now that it's currently on sale.

Still playing Monster Rancher 4. I finally got Blaze the Garu into enough A-Rank tournaments to get to the big official A-Rank tournament. I also got both Ironfang the Helm Hound and Bea the Pixie to the A-Rank, too, while Gaia the Eagle King is still in the D-Rank, and worst of all, Julia the Antlan Yellow is still stuck in E-Rank. That's because all of her tournaments kept overlapping with the higher ranked ones, and since the higher the rank the fewer the tournaments there are, she kinda got the shaft by accident. Anyway, Blaze won the A-Rank tournament, which now allows me into the S-Rank. Considering that Wit and his special Ripper are in the tournament, with pretty outrageous stats, I was expecting a bit more of a fight from him. Instead, Blaze completely curb-stomped him. I had more trouble with the regular contestants than him. At least they managed to land a hit or two, but Wit's Ripper got mowed down like child's play. But this also means I can now finally move onto the next bit of story events, which include the newest dungeon to explore: Promiass Ruins.

Super Mario 64: All 120 stars collected and Bowser defeated. Rainbow Ride was actually nowhere near as terrible as I expected, to be honest, especially given that I was using the speedrun tech to skip the first carpet for 6/7 stars. I've seen so many people saying that Rainbow Ride is the worst stage, but no, I'd totally give that dishonour to Tiny-Huge island. Everything's too far spread out and the Giant Mario gimmick just made a lot of tiny platforms that were way too easy to fall off of.

Banjo--Kazooie:
Cleared out Mumbo's Mountain aside from one honeycomb piece I can't figure out the location of.

Finally got started on Nocturne HD! I've just met the manikins and I'm positively dreading the Matador fight lol. Fortunately this isn't my first SMT game so I'm more than familiar with buff/debuffs. Also bought the Hifumi magatama and fused Ame-no-Uzume to prepare myself. Still don't know what ending to go with - I'm leaning towards the freedom ending for a change of pace, but that true ending is looking very tempting.

Last edited:
Finally got started on Nocturne HD! I've just met the manikins and I'm positively dreading the Matador fight lol. Fortunately this isn't my first SMT game so I'm more than familiar with buff/debuffs. Also bought the Hifumi magatama and fused Ame-no-Uzume to prepare myself. Still don't know what ending to go with - I'm leaning towards the freedom ending for a change of pace, but that true ending is looking very tempting.
I’m doing freedom my first playthrough myself, saving regular demon (the joke ending) for after TDE.

Banjo--Kazooie: Cleared out all the stages from Treasure Trove Cove up to and including Freezeezy Peak, minus, again, a few honeycomb pieces that hid themselves just a tad too well. As expected, I'm really hating the "If you're going for 100 notes you've gotta get them all in one try or you start back from zero" system. It was bad enough when I thought it was just "Get them all without leaving the level". But then I died in Clanker's Cavern and learned that it's actually "Get them all in one life". At which point I have literally no idea why there's even lives in the game outside of "That's just how games were back then". Because the only difference between losing a single life and getting a game over is that in the latter you have to climb back up from the bottom of Grunty's Lair. No matter whether you lose one life or all of them, you're starting your note collecting back from zero. Any way, the note collection in Banjo--Kazooie sucks and I always get so fucking stressed out when my health gets low and I haven't got all the notes yet.

I'm playing Pokémon Moon plus some Pokémon X. I just only stuck to completing a main story then in any game, I decide which post content to do first. I also traded some higher Pokémon from each game in Gen IV and V at first because they can win any game. I feel guilty of selling things like move power boosts or evolution items. I just wanted to make money. Unsure about replaying these games.

Banjo--Kazooie: Cleared out Gobi's Valley and Mad Monster Mansion, did some of Rusty Bucket Bay and Click Clock Wood, and beat Grunty's Furnace Fun, which actually was pretty enjoyable. By the way RBB is officially the worst stage of the game. Way too segmented, way too difficult to traverse, and way too easy to die in. Click Clock Wood is annoying for a similar, though slightly different reason. Once again, way too spread out. The idea of theworld changing as you cycle through seasons is neat, but each season takes way too long to explore with how long it takes to climb the tree, and how easy it is to fall off. Anyway, after beating Furnace Fun I am officially four jiggies short of the final boss, so I've gotta get those from somewhere. I should be able to get a couple more from Click Clock Wood without too much hassle, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get four in simple ways. We'll see as we go.

Entered the Hall of Fame again in XY. I feel guilty of selling items. I just don't like losing prize money.

UPDATE: I was thinking of entering a 3rd record into Black. This time, with Pokémon that are all mine. But I will train more and more and reach like Lv. 70 or Lv. 75.

Last edited:
Atelier Ryza/ Atelier Ryza 2. The new outfits are fun.

Started up a new file in MegaMan Battle Network 5 Double Team DS. As always, I decided to use Team Colonel as my team of choice due to much better Double Souls (Team ProtoMan's Double Souls suck), and the fact that Team Colonel is considered canon. I haven't gotten far, just up to the Main Computer bit in SciLab, before the boss fight with Colonel. I've been jacking in and out repeatedly to reset the Green Mystery Data for new prizes and to build up my chips/Zenny. I also managed to get and fire my first PA: GigaCannon1, thanks to a Cannon * that I got in the GMD, which means once I get enough Cannon * chips I'll remove it, as the A and B chip codes conflict with the rest of my folder atm (consisting of S, D, and * codes). After all, this is the game with the time limit-based Liberation Missions, so a streamlined folder is extremely vital here, and I want to get it Liberation-ready with what I can ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom