• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Started a new file on Pokemon Fire Red, named my female MC Tsubomi, picked a Charmander as my starter, and named it Chorobi. Yes, my run is based on the Yume no Tsubomi short, I love it that much.

Game Builder Garage. Been looking forward to it ever since it was announced. I'm having way too much fun for a kid's programming tutorial game. I'm like a kid myself, keep making my parents play the games I make. Thankfully my dad's a programmer so he finds it cool as heck too.

Miitopia for the Switch! I'm having a blast, this was one of my favorite games for the 3DS and I'm loving it even more now with all the extras. I'm currently up to the part where you rescue the princess's face.

I got surprised with Mario Odyssey for my birthday, so I’m playing that currently. The controls are weird, and the slight stick drift doesn’t help. But it is fun.
(Also, I’m a big fan of this game’s speed runs, so I’m trying to replicate some of the strategies in my normal playthrough.)

Completed Jet Force Gemini with only moderate fury at the Mizar fight, mostly just because the weak point is tiny and only vulnerable for a few moments so it is really hard to get a good shot off on him.

Paper Mario: Just before the beginning of Chapter 4, so 3/7 Star Spirits rescued. I'm at level 12, so after increasing my FP once for more special attacks, I have officially maxed out the god stat that is BP. I was considering just jumping straight into overfilling up on FP, but the Clubbas in chapter 3 were actually kinda rough when I couldn't really get their block timing down, so I miiiiiight have to take my base HP from the starting 10 all the way up to 15. Also I'm really not liking the boot upgrade because the rebound animation is significantly harder to time your presses for power bounces.

Ys VIII- Lacrimosa of Dana. Met a new party member. Fishing is pretty fun.

I did it, it took me nearly 20 years, but I finally beat Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories without cheating. It feels like such an accomplishment.

Now then since that's done I'm onto playing its spiritual successor now. Yu-Gi-Oh! The Duelist of the Roses

Picked up Monster Rancher 2 again today. Because I ended up at a yard sale a few days ago and bought a whole bargain bin worth of random CDs and PSX games for $20 I decided to test them out to see what I got. The current monster I'm raising is Wuya the Poison (Pixie/???) which I got from a Matrix Soundtrack CD. I've managed to get her up to Rank C within one day but I'm struggling with the various regular tournaments, especially since I'm getting strapped for cash. I also managed to win my rank of the IMA vs FMIBA tournament, which was the D Cup at the time (though my team ultimately lost), so I now can unlock Worm, Gali, Mew, and Henger, which is good because a LOT of my current CDs/PSX games come up with the "Can't unlock because you don't have access to this monster yet" message. That means once Wuya reaches the end of her life I'll freeze her and try out another disc and see what I get. I may have to cheat a bit and break out a Sueki Suezo or two and enter it in certain tournaments with big cash so I can restock my gold if things start getting desperate. I've stopped for the day so I can rest. Will probably boot it up again tomorrow.

Still playing Monster Rancher 2 and I've been playing since I got up this morning. I've managed to get Wuya up to the B Rank, though I'm still having some trouble with tournaments. I also had to create a couple of Sueki Suezos in order to build up my cash reserves quickly, though Wuya winning the Official C Rank did help greatly in that regard, too. Also, because Wuya is in the B Rank I gained access to the new errantry, which also allowed her to gain a new tech: Bang. I'm training her up for the Official B Rank tournament and hoping she's ready for it, especially since it'll bust some stress by busting heads.

I'm currently in a Pokémon Blazed Glazed Nuzlocke. This is my third attempt. My first attempt was a failure at the last gym. My second attempt was a failure at the Tunod League. So I'm hoping for a bit of fortune this time since the game does have two regions, Tunod and Johto, and an archipelagos. So a lengthy game.

Recently finished Ori and the Blind Forest, which quickly found its way into my top 5 games of all time. It has some of the best gameplay progression I've ever seen in a Metroidvania. My favorite parts were the "escape" sections that had you getting the fuck away from some event you had caused which changed the layout of the forest in some way, which I felt were the best sections that blended the story, gameplay, player skills, music, and environments all into one nicely done package. The story is heartfelt and absolutely well done, and the lore of the forest keeps you engaged throughout the playthrough. Unlike some of my friends who were also playing this game for the first time, I took my time with this game, because I wanted to explore every bit of the forest I could. I ended with a 92% completion, and although I could go back and try to get that last bit done, I'm more than satisfied with what I've done.

After Ori I think I'm going to switch gears a bit and do my first playthrough of the Bioshock series, to one @Greece 's delight. I am itching to play another Metroidvania though, so maybe I'll pick Metroid: Zero Mission or Hollow Knight back up.

Other games I'm currently playing through: doing a replay of Pokemon Black to celebrate a friend's first time with the game, playing through Cattails to fulfill my Warrior Cats fantasies, trying to finally finish Shovel Knight, and getting back into Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for the first time in about six months.

Still working with Monster Rancher 2. I kept failing to win the Official B Rank tournament in my previous post so I had no choice but to get Wuya to grind some more on the ranch. The reason being that a damn Gali kept pounding her into the dirt, thus both running the risk of her getting hurt AND keeping him from sweeping the tournament. So, after nearly a year in-game (December to September) I managed to not only get revenge on that Gali but pounding HIM into the dirt, but I ultimately swept the Official B Rank tournament, making Wuya an A Rank monster. This, however, might be as far as she can go now in terms of ranks, as her stat gains are dropping, meaning she's getting old. The shop now also supplies Magic Bananas, so I might try the Magic Banana exploit, as this is the original PSX game disc, not the updated (and currently Japan-only) Switch version, where the Magic Banana got nerfed. I'm also hoping the shop will now supply the seeds needed so I can get Mock, as you have to get the seeds some time after getting the 4th Rank (which means winning the B Rank) but before a certain drug is put into stock (I forget its name), otherwise Mock is locked off forever. Taking a break for now, especially since my folks are coming over soon, so I have to be ready for them.

Forgive the double post but I'm still doing lots of ranching. Wuya had to be retired, and it was a close call as she died (or would've died if I didn't follow the method of saving every week for good measures), so that was the end of Wuya's adventures. So, taking another CD I got from that bargain bin I popped it in and I ended up with a rare species of Worm: Express Worm (Worm/???), making him my first Worm ever. Named him Rocket because he looks like a rocket train. And boy howdy, is he a lively one. While I had learned from my mistakes with Wuya and tried to keep Rocket from going into at the least "Fond", but he just kept getting "Great!" results in the drills that I ran out of ways to scold him, thus he ended up at "Fond" like Wuya did. And, unlike Wuya, he quickly took to the battle scene, having won multiple tournaments, both official and regular, getting him to the C Rank already and filling my gold reserves well into the 10,000's. Now, I know that there is this thing where if you raise a Worm to C Rank, feed it lots of Cup Jellies, and micromanage the hell out of it, it'll become a Beaklon. The thing is... I don't really care for Beaklons. They're okay, but I don't really care for them, especially since they tend to be too tank-y for my taste. And I can see why the fandom loves Worms, as they're quite good and reliable. So, I don't plan on raising this Worm to a Beaklon, as I quite like him the way he is (plus, he's a rare breed, so why waste that on a more common Mon?). And it means when his time comes I can fuse him with Wuya to (hopefully) get a Night Flyer (Pixie/Worm). Oh, and I did unlock the seeds needed to get Mock, I just needed to check back the following week, so that's one more breed off my checklist. Given the fact that Rocket is Rank C and has plenty of fame I expect that explorer to appear soon to go on the quest for the Phoenix, since Wuya had to be retired before then. Hopefully Rocket is ready for it, even though this "adventure" is basically the tutorial for future adventures. We shall see.

Last edited:
Paper Mario: Finished chapter 7. I feel like I've done most things I'd want to do before the final stretch, so next time is just heading up to Bowser's Castle to kick Bowser's ass. I don't think I should have too much trouble, given how well I took The Master 3, but Bowser doesn't get 2/3 of his attacks just absolutely neutered simply by equipping Zap Tap, so we'll see.
Chapter 4 is all Shy Guys and the only real threats are Spy Guys. In the future, Clubbas are weak to sleep.
Bold of you to assume I've touched a single status effect outside of buffs for Mario and the occasional shock from Watt if she's got nothing better to do on an off-turn.

Still playing Monster Rancher 2. After many, many failed attempts to get the Fire Feather from the adventure I decided to postpone it until Rocket got stronger, as I'd rather get it in the first adventure then have to wait for a different one. Turns out the best monsters for exploring and retrieving items are ones with high Intelligence, and Rocket's INT was only around 150 at the time. Rocket also struggled in the C Rank tournaments though he's ultimately won the Official C Rank and got into B Rank, which means no Beaklon for me. And I'm fine with that. Plus I had forgotten there is another condition to get Beaklon: Loyalty needs to be 80+, and thanks to too much praise spoiling him (because he just keeps getting "Great!" outcomes in training) his Loyalty was stuck in the 60s. I even had to resort to using Smoked Snakes, which are expensive, to increase his discipline levels. I didn't like doing that but it was a necessary evil in order to (hopefully) get his Loyalty levels higher, as being too soft/stern prevents it from going past 50-60. Considering that Rocket struggled in the C Rank I'll be keeping him out of tournaments until he gets stronger, though an Errantry might be needed soon to pick up a new tech.

Still Ranchin'. I've managed to get Rocket into a number of B Rank tournaments for gold/prizes, though I'm still holding out on the actual Official B Rank tournament. I also did the adventure and failed to get the Fire Feather before Rocket's energy would run out so I have to try again at another location. I'm still trying to get his Intelligence up to at least 350, as that's needed for a few adventures in order to find certain items like the Strong Glue to unlock Ducken, as well as the aforementioned Fire Feather. I've managed to get his discipline down to "Soft" thanks to Smoked Snakes and it's caused his Loyalty to shoot up to the 80s, so that's helpful. I also upgraded the barn as Rocket's wins managed to really rake in the cash. This means I can now unlock Golems and Bakus, so that's two more Mons off my list. While competing in the B Rank tournaments I ended up accidentally getting Rocket registered for the MIA vs FIMBA tournament by participating in the Elimination Tournament (I saw the 5,000 plus extra gold prize and went for it without paying attention), so I have that tournament coming up. Hopefully my team will win this time, as the last time I participated we lost (only me, who was D Rank, and the S Rank "competitor" won on our side), especially since the prize money is pretty good even though I already unlocked the monsters that were behind it. Taking a break now.

Forgive the double post but a lot has happened since last time. I got Rocket to A Rank but he struggled immensely in the tournaments of that rank. He just kept getting wiped out. So, in order to keep him from dying from injuries or whatnot, I just simply soft reset and spent most of his time training. I also went on several adventures with all three adventurers. This allowed me to get the needed stuff to unlock Phoenix (Fire Feather), Ducken (Strong Glue + Duck Doll), and Joker (Mask). I also managed to get a couple of Gold Peaches for later. And I finally figured out how the Magic Banana exploit works, so I used it to squeeze a few extra weeks into Rocket in order to go on one last adventure to get one of the aforementioned Gold Peaches. Sadly, however, it's time to retire him, as that adventure was his last. Time to freeze him and get a new monster. I'm going after a Hopper next, as I recall seeing one from one of the bargain bin CDs that I got when I started this playthrough. That way I can get Nitron, Undine, and Zilla (though Zilla requires one extra step in order to properly unlock), though that requires getting the Hopper to at least B Rank with 0 Fatigue and less than 30 Stress during the winter. I'll pick it up again tomorrow before I got to my parents' place for our Father's Day BBQ.

Back
Top Bottom