• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Man, I've been meaning to mention what's been going on in MR2 but I keep forgetting. Anyway, had to retire Rocket and after much searching found myself a Draco Hopper (Hopper/Dragon) who I named Hip-Hop. And boy, was he a pain to raise. Tournaments kept demolishing him. If a Hopper wasn't needed to unlock three monsters I wouldn't have bothered with him. But, in the end, I got him to B Rank and he dug up the hot springs that now allow me to raise Nitron, gave me the tablet so I can raise Undine, and technically I can raise Zilla but I need the Zilla Beard first. I ended up retiring him not long after because the B Rank tournaments kept crushing him. I then combined two Sueki Suezos along with the Undine Tablet to unlock an Undine who I named Aquamarine. I also did the same with Joker, Ducken, and Phoenix, so I can unlock those Mons from CDs/PSX games now. Anyway, I've raised Aquamarine up to the A Rank. I also managed to get the Spear on the Mandy Desert errantry, which caused Aquamarine to fight (and lose) to a Centaur, thus now I have the means of creating a Centaur, which will probably be my next monster.

Moving on, Aquamarine is starting to get old, as her stat growths are dropping, so she might get retired soon. I did go on two adventures and managed to pick up two more Golden Peaches, giving me 3 (I would've had 4 but I had to sell one as Hip-Hop's lackluster performances meant money started to get low). The next monster I know I need to unlock is Durahan, but I'll have to wait until my next monster, as Aquamarine's Power and Life growth is too low to be useable in adventures when it comes to moving obstacles and exploring. I could use one of my Golden Peaches to extend her life by 50 weeks (1 year, 2 weeks in-game time), especially since I know how to get them, but I'm not sure. What do you all think? I would like to get her into the S Rank before retiring her but she's having trouble with tournaments in the A Rank. Not sure what to do. Anyway, that's all for now.

Paper Mario: Finished the game. Bowser's Castle really wasn't much trouble, but I was very annoyed as expected by denying me the greatest rematch I could've asked for just to fight another god damn round against a whiny toddler. Bowser was also not terribly difficult, but I was annoyed by his habit of blanking my attack buffs before I could use them.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Got the Goron's Ruby. The game so far seems... Not Great? Like, I don't think I'd call it bad, but so far? Really not worth the hype, imo. Dungeons and certain mechanics are obtuse, Hyrule Field is hell, Z-Targeting is pretty funky (though I can't be too mad about this one, game was made in '98, after all). I'm gonna keep playing, see how it stack up later on, but like, I'm no longer ashamed about never getting past the Deku Tree as a kid.

Still ranchin' in Monster Rancher 2. I decided to give Aquamarine a Golden Peach in order to buy me some time to try and see if I can get her into the S Rank and get the 5th Rank breeder upgrade. Glad I did, as after many attempts (and just as many soft resets) I managed to win the Official A Rank tournament. This, in turn, granted me the next house upgrade. Also, during the time I was training for the A Rank tournament I went on an adventure and recovered the Old Sheath, which triggered the event where I fought (and clobbered) a Durahan, which gave me the Double Edge. This means I can now unlock Durahans by first using the Double Edge as a secret seasoning during combining, just like the Spear I got from the Centaur. But, alas, it's almost time to retire Aquamarine, as she's gotten pretty old. I'm hoping to squeeze as much training out of her as possible so when I use her for combining she'll pass down at least some of her good stats. We shall see.

I've been right near the end of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX's main campaign (Magma Cavern and Sky Tower left) for some time now, and just neglecting to get back on my Switch and finish up. It's been fun to replay a staple childhood game, let alone remade in storybook HD, for the first time in years. One thing I do like about the Rescue Team games versus Explorers is being able to evolve your starter Pokémon right after beating the main story, which gets me a lot more hopped up about tackling all the bonus post-game dungeons.

Ghost of tsushima, finally got time to sink my teeth into it nowadays. It’s pretty good and gives me strong Botw vibes. Story, gameplay, performance, music, visuals are all amazing across the board.

Still working on Monster Rancher 2. I narrowly dodged a bullet with Aquamarine, as I had sent her on an adventure and she died immediately upon return. Fortunately, as I follow the practice of saving every in-game week, I was able to reset to the week before the adventure and retired her. I then did a few combinations using both the Double Edge to give me a Durahan (who I froze) and the Spear to give me my next monster: Motoyasu the Centaur Hero. He had a slow start, getting stuck in the E Rank for a good year, but he's doing fine now, as we're about to enter the Official D Rank tournament. I also got the Stick from the upgraded altar so now I can unlock a Ghost. That's another Mon off my list.

Pokémon Pearl, HeartGold, White, and Ultra Sun. My Diamond copy somehow is missing. I transferred my Kyogre and haven’t yet caught Groudon in my SoulSilver copy yet. I didn’t know that until finding that I need both. I’m unsure about erasing my Pokémon and it’s hard to choose which to transfer. Should I also erase Pokémon Bank data if I erase all my games?

Story of Seasons- Pioneers of Olive Town.

I enjoyed visiting the new dlc areas.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Got the Zora's Sapphire after a fair bit of frustration trying to actually get into Jabu-Jabu (also potentially hot take: Ruto sucks), and headed into the Temple of Time, where I received the greatest upgrade of all: Puberty. And now with the power of several extra feet in height, a deeper voice, and increased bodily hair, I now have the strength to go out and awaken the Sages. I completed the Forest Temple and got Saria' medallion. Next one I believe should be the Fire Temple at Death Mountain.

Taking a break from Monster Rancher 2 and picked up MegaMan Battle Network 6 Cybeast Gregar again. Mega now has Gregar inside of him (Gregar rules, Falzar drools), thus granting me Beast Out and Beast Cross. I then proceeded to do the world a favor by deleting CircusMan (for now, anyway, what with his damn plot armor later on) using Beast Out to absolutely maul him to bits. Also managed to construct and use 3 new PAs: LifeSword (which is a staple), FireHook1, and just a few minutes ago, GigaCannon2. Did the trial against Blackbeard and met Ito (Lan's soon-to-be broken pedestal of an inspiration) before taking part in Pat's cybercooking class with SlashMan (one of the coolest Navis ever). As always I save before each cyberveggie cutting mini-game to avoid screwing up, which paid off big time. Netbattled and defeated SlashMan (and without exploting his weakness to Breaking chips, as the best chip to use against him is the IronShell chips, which I hadn't gotten yet), earning him as a Link Navi and gained the awesome, borderline game-breaking Slash Cross (once again proving that Gregar's Crosses are way better than Falzar's). Meet Dr. Hikari and headed back home, though I'll surf the net for a bit to collect GMD and see if I can get any IronShell chips for later, as they're quite useful, especially since they wreck the Craggy viruses in the upcoming "dungeon".

Got Dragon Quest 11 on PC. Been really wanting to play some traditional turn based combat lately and since i heard a lot of good things about this game, decided to buy it now that it's currently on sale.
Nearly 80 hours in and i'm loving it. There's something so satisfying about Dragon Quest's overall design that even after 35 years it still remains so entertaining.

The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Cleared the Fire and Water Temples, as well as going back in time to pick up some of the bottles I missed so I actually had enough empty to fill with blue fire in the ice cavern so I wasn't just running back and forth all the time. I have no interest in riding all over Hyrule Field looking for Poes to kill so 3 bottles for the rest of the game is plenty. Also Jesus Christ, Dark Link is hard. I'm still not even really sure how I got most of the hits on him after I ran out of MP for Din's Fire spam but I managed somehow? Chewed through both my healing bottles though.

The Legend of Zelda- Link's Awakening (Switch)

I won a Yoshi Doll and a Piece of Heart in the crane game.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Cleared Shadow and Spirit Temples, all that's left is kicking the ass of the man himself. Shadow Temple itself was mostly fine, aside from the fact that I really wish the hover boots had maybe an extra second or two on the duration. Bongo Bongo, however, was quite irritating. Moved around way too much and the drumming floor made moving around pretty weird. The rush after you hit both the hands was also way too fast and it always felt like I was just barely getting the hit in before I got shoved off the arena for the 3rd time that attempt.
Incredibly glad that I had a guide to use for Gerudo Fortress, because even knowing exactly where to
The Spirit Temple however was rather smooth sailing, though Koume and Kotake were kinda rough since aiming the mirror shield is pretty fiddly, and also I was really bad at the positioning for the first few shots so I just took a few to the face. Got real easy once they merged into Twinrova though, no problems from that point on, really.

Back
Top Bottom