• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Completed the game and I can now give my overall thoughts. Overall, as a complete package, Ocarina of Time... Is Passable! There's some good stuff in here, real cool ideas. Unfortunately there's also some aspects that didn't really age that well, as well as some real obtuse mandatory stuff that I probably wouldn't have called good even back in its day. I'm glad I played it, but I'm not really sure it's something I'd go back to with any regularity.

Watched a trailer for Monster Hunter Stories 2 and saw it had a demo, so decided to give it a try even though I've never even touched the first one. Not very far and the fights are new to me since I'm so used to Pokemon, but I think I'm already falling in love with it. It's pretty and the gameplay has been fun so far. I already enjoy riding on monsters.

Started a new playthrough of Monster Rancher 2, as I felt I was taking a bit too long with my previous one. Started out with Maylene the Granity (Pixie/Golem), which is my favorite monster breed. I've been following this "guide" (aka: YouTube video) on how to beat the game with your first monster to the best of my ability, and so far so good (though I skimped a bit on the item sale just in case things didn't quite go so well at the tournament I was going to enter, so that way I'd still have some funds to fall back on). Anyway, entered my first tournament with Maylene: the Galore Cup (D-Cup) and after needing to reset the fight with Hailfall (an Arrowhead), and by extension the whole tournament, due to not wanting to risk a KO potentially hurting Maylene afterward I managed to win, gaining some nice funds and some Disc Chips that I can sell for extra spending cash (unless they're Plant Disc Chips, then I'll keep them, since I haven't checked them yet before stopping for the night, as when used as a secret seasoning they increase the fused monster's lifespan by 10 weeks). And as I said before I'm stopping for the night now, especially since I have a few other things to do first.

Downloaded my Pokémon Yellow VC code and started playing it. It’s hard to wait for your Pokémon to reach for a specific level, especially since they are strong against the next Gym.

Still playing Monster Rancher 2. After several issues in tournaments I finally got Maylene through said tournaments and managed to win the Official D Rank tournament, as I skipped over the Official E Rank tournament (since you are able to access the rank above your monster's current rank in this game), so now she's a C Rank monster. I spent a lot of time trying to win certain tournaments in the D Rank as I was getting low on funds, which worried me as I could've ended up with a Game Over due to not having enough money, but I managed to succeed. Now I just need to train her for the C Rank tournaments and perhaps even the B Rank ones.

Double-dipped and bought two visual novels on the Switch: Doki Doki Literature Club Plus, and A Little Lily Princess, the latter being my favorite visual novel ever. Man, the Switch is really trying hard to become my favorite console, as it has a lot of games on it that I really like, even if they weren't originally made for it.

Hey Falzar has Air Shoes and Float Shoes. Have fun dealing with hazardous panels. :p
----
Returned to Spyro Reignited to gets some more collectibles I wasn't able to earlier.

True, but it lacks Super Armor to prevent buster rank from dropping upon taking a hit, which Gregar has be default. And both final bosses never break panels, so Air/Float Shoes aren't very helpful there, which is when they'd normally be the most helpful, as evident by past final bosses like Alpha and Nebula Grey. Plus, Falzar as a final boss a pushover, even in his final form. Gregar's Crosses are also more useful and more to-the-point, especially Heat and Slash, while Falzar's are more gimmicky. So, yeah, Gregar rules, Falzar drools. :giggle:

Been meaning to update on MegaMan Battle Network 6 Gregar. I did the JudgeMan and ElementMan scenarios (with Slash Cross absolutely tearing both Navis apart), with the ElementMan scenario granting me access to my favorite Navi: ElecMan, along with his scenario and the cool Elec Cross. I did the Navi Operator test and got the Moonstone, which means Mega is now the Expo's Navi Operator. One commercial of MegaMan later and I partook in both Dark Scythe's and Al Ferry's scenarios to gain EraseMan and ChargeMan, respectively. Had a tiny bit of trouble with EraseMan's "mission", as I goofed up the last Navi "assassinations" in each part of the Undernet due to misjudging the enemy's range of sight, along with having some trouble actually using EraseMan in battle, but I managed. Beat EraseMan and got the deadly Erase Cross, though I did have some trouble with him. Or, to be exact, the ghost things that fly though the screen, as I kept walking into them. ChargeMan's scenario was near perfect, as I only got one customer complaint on the very last run, as I misjudged a Mettaur's movement. Battled ChargeMan and pretty much owned him, gaining the Charge Cross. I also managed to score several new PAs for my completion list: PowerWave1, CornFiesta, GreatYoYo, and PitHockey. I also have a GigaCannon3 PA and WideBurn2 PA in my folder but I have yet to assemble them in a battle. Anyway, I'm about to reunite with Mayl, Dex, and Yai for the next scenario.

Caught Articuno in a Great Ball and now am training my team to Lv. 55. It’s hard on what decisions to make.

Tetrisphere: Ok so I knew I loved this game as a kid but it's legitimately a lot more fun than I thought it'd be. It's just so delightfully simple and easy to zone out on, especially since where to place blocks is telegraphed by the game itself, so it's really easy to just zone out on it and go nuts. Racked up almost 50 million points to displace the highest preset score just by ignoring the overall goal and slapping blocks onto the sphere in Hide and Seek mode. Definitely something I can see myself just booting up for the evening to zone out with.

F-Zero X: Novice and Advanced difficulty are legit so fucking easy I was getting all first-places without breaking a sweat. Once I tried Expert though, good lord it suddenly becomes so much harder. The level of silky-smooth racing line and near exhaustive boost usage you need to pull off just to place is incredible. I got close in Jack Cup, 3 overall 2nd places in a row, but that's just for the simplest courses that don't require much tight precision turning, and I just can't do that for the harder ones. If I had time to put in the proper practice hours then I might actually be interested in learning proper F-Zero X racing technique and doing well at the game, but at the moment I've got way too much other shit I wanna get to so I just can't put in that time.

Mario Kart 64: Won gold on all 50CC cups, and 3/4 100CCs. Legit though the rubber banding on the AIs in this game is as shameless as it is absurd. It makes absolutely no secret about the fact that it's chosen 2-3 rivals to be right on your ass at all times no matter what you do, and the best you can manage is knocking them back for a few moments with a banana or something. Seriously if you turn on the character tracker you can legit see them accelerate to keep pace with golden mushroom spam, it's fucking ridiculous.

Still playing MegaMan Battle Network 6 Gregar. I did the ACDC segment with Mayl, Dex, and Yai. Sent BlastMan and DiveMan to the recycling bin before the Navi with the most plot armor jumped in: CircusMan, taking Mega away. Borrowed ElecMan to head for Central Area 3 to learn I need to lower the barrier before I can go into the Underground after MegaMan. Did the scene with Mayor Cain and watched his big bad wannabe attempt go down the drain due to Chaud. Now it was time to go to the Underground. I was going to pick ElecMan again, as he's my favorite, but then I decided to try a different Link Navi this time. Be a bit more creative and try a different style. So, I went with ChargeMan instead. He was pretty fun to operate, to be honest. Anyway, did the Evil Spirit bit in the Underground before ChargeMan faced off against G-Beast MegaMan. I pretty much owned him, as ChargeMan only took one hit while I pummeled Mega with the PitHockey PA and some other fun chips (though because G-Beast MegaMan has Super Armor means I couldn't stun him). CircusMan comes in only to have his plot armor rendered invalid due to ProtoMan, at least for the moment. Then it came time to duke it out with Colonel. Because I had entered Undernet Zero a while back I got the Life Aura chip which, combined with Slash Cross, made MegaMan untouchable to Colonel, completely demolishing him. Then the Ex-WWW goons appeared trying to find Iris. Got a little chuckle out of the fact that Vic asked why Yuki was the self-nominated leader and I thought, "She's got the most plot armor out of the WWW goons, so it's no surprise she'd be aware of it." Anyway, Iris saves Lan's skin and now it's time to head to the Undernet BBS to find out where they've taken Iris.

Back
Top Bottom