• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Just finished up the 3rd ending of Hollow Knight. Maybe I'll get to the other endings later, but for now I'm just playing Smash Bros Ultimate a lot.

The Simpsons Road Rage: Wound up stopping partway through once it became obvious that the unlocks were just gonna start getting absolutely fucking ridiculous. One unlock every 3 or 4 games wasn't bad, but once I reached a certain point I'd need to do at least 8 runs between unlocks assuming I performed at my absolute peak during each and every run, which naturally wasn't going to happen, and that number was only going to get higher as I went further and further. So yeah for the sake of my own sanity I decided "Well that was fun but I'm just gonna quit now while I'm sane-ish".

Sayonara Wild Hearts: Bought it and cleared it in one evening, not terribly surprising given how short it is. Real fun game though. Only criticism is that some of the stages are too short to really get into them. Personally I wish all the stages were near the length of the vocal boss themes, even if it drove down the overall stage count a bit.

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island: Just beat The Potted Ghost and I'm up to World 3. And boy I just gotta say that SNES controllers fucking suck. Like, yeah, I get it, it's old tech, but god it's just so tiny and I miss analog sticks so fucking much.

Finished the first Monster Hunter Stories story last night. Very good game, still enjoyed the heck out of it, but gosh there were so many instances where I was just like "thank everything they changed this in the second game." The game was surprisingly more difficult than the second one for me, but a lot of it was because of some BS that I'm glad doesn't happen in the second game. Especially in the endgame there were some instances that were just like, "what was I supposed to do about that? There's literally nothing I can do here." Along with some weird shenanigans where monsters can just finish me off before I get my turn to heal. And I swear those monsters knew my character was the weak link because they always ganged up on me.

That said, the battle pouch was an interesting idea to keep you from spamming items all battle (though I still did that anyway), though still happy it didn't carry over to Stories 2. Battle buddies were seriously missed though, the extra help + enemies having something other than you to go after made it less frustrating and more enjoyable in 2. That, and it doesn't feel like you're doing literally everything.

All that said, I still really like it and appreciate the foundation it gave for Stories 2. Probably gonna tackle the post-game today.

While the final boss did stress me out a bit, it still wasn't nearly as stressful as Story 2's final boss. Definitely wasn't as long.

Still FFXIV. A few days ago I got this relic weapon I have been working really hard for and it is sooo beautiful and I'm so happy! Lol. Now I'm trying to find new goals for me but there's a whole bunch, and of course, each goal leads to more work, such as leveling up crafting/gathering classes.

Sayonara Wild Hearts: Cleared all songs and the Album Arcade on gold rank. I also tried the YOLO Arcade but kept choking on Begin Again for some fucking reason and I don't know why it's only the first boss song!

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island: Cleared the game! I'm not stressing about getting good scores or anything, just finishing it's good enough I think. Also I don't think I ever actually beat Baby Bowser as a kid? I definitely got to him, but I don't think I ever actually figured out the egg throwing. So that's cool that I did that.

Dragon Quest 7 on the 3DS. Replaying it after four years since my first playthrough, and liking it more than i did back then. The vocation system helps a lot, a good job system can make wonders to a turn based RPG.

For the first time in years I decided to play MegaMan Star Force 3: Black Ace again, which, in my opinion, is the best game in the Star Force series. I started a new file. Did all the opening events involving worst girl: Luna, and he quest to become student body prez (and laughed at Omega-xis chasing her), along with her abysmal naming ability (poor Catnip the dog...). I spent a lot of time grinding for Zenny and Battle Cards via Virus Battles and Mystery Waves, resulting in me getting Mega Man's HP up to 190 before the first boss fight with Spade Magnus (though, ironically, I faced him with less-than-full HP because I got ambushed by a virus just moments before crossing the skull Boss battle marker). I then later did some more grinding, fought the Noise-corrupted Wizard that Jack sicced on me, and then met best girl: Sonia. Aah, Sonia. The only "Roll" that actually has skills to rival Mega Man akin to Proto Man instead of being just a cheerleader at best. Sonia invited the gang to be extras in her show, which means I'm starting the Diamond Ice stages. Before that I went to Big Wave to input Cipher Codes that I totally knew off the top of my head and didn't search for on the internet to gain more powerful cards than I should be allowed to have at this point. Did the first bits of the Diamond Ice scenario (I really don't like Ice's hot-blooded, arrogant attitude, which is rather ironic for her name) before my DS Lite battery started to die. I also took care of pretty much most, if not all, of the available Real World viruses, though I suspect I might be missing one or two. Mega Man currently has 250 HP and 220 Link Power.

Now that I'm done with Persona 4, I went back to PS4 and now I'm playing both Shin Megami Tensei III and Assassin's Creed Odyssey (this one I'm fully intending to beat before moving on to the next game).

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2: Bush Rescue: Started playing a couple days ago and the game is telling me I'm 75% done? Like, I didn't expect it to be a long game or anything but the pacing here is wild. I'm that deep into the plot and it feels like the story's barely started. Like, it feels like I've barely left the setup stage but apparently I'm getting close to the end. The overall game is pretty decent. Probably about the same as the first, so like, nothing really special, but still very fun and charming.

In celebration for the news about Monster Rancher 1 & 2 DX I decided to dust off my old PSX version and play it. And I will say this: I'm looking forward to all the glitches, coding errors, and bugs removed in the remakes or whatever they're called in this case. Anyway, started out with a different monster than normal: a Horn (Suezo/Tiger) just to try something different instead of my usual Pixies. Named him Eyebolt. I'm currently training him to the B-Rank Tournament but I'm taking some side tournaments for big cash and prizes, like the Pure Gold and Pure Silver so I can sell them for extra cash. I got the first house upgrade, too. I want to get his stats up a bit higher before I enter the official tournament, especially Life. I've managed to unlock Worm, Henger, Mew, and Gali due to participating in the IMA vs FIMBA battle... where my team lost spectacularly. I was the only one in IMA to actually get a win. Talk about sad. I also partook in my first expedition and got the Fire Feather, meaning I can now unlock Phoenix, albeit after I use the Fire Feather as a fusion seasoning first. But so far so good with Eyebolt.

Sonic Chaos (originally on the Game Gear) from Sonic Mega Collection Plus onPS2.

This has to be one of the easiest Sonic adventures I've played. Even more so with Tails and the bosses so far have been utter jokes (two of them especially). Heck, even the first Robotnik boss was from the first Sonic game was more challenging.

Still working on Monster Rancher 2. I got Eyebolt up to the A-Rank but I've been struggling with tournaments. Especially thanks to an annoying Mocchi named Lamsweet, who keeps screwing over any tournament run of mine (why are Mocchis so annoying to fight with their Jack-of-all-trade builds?!?). Thus I've been grinding for stats like mad, although Eyebolt may be entering his senior years, as the point gains are getting lower. That said I have managed to win a couple of A-Rank tournaments, which has boosted my finances nicely. I've also gotten the secret seasonings for Centaur and Durahan, having lost to the former after obtaining the Spear and won against the latter for the Double-Edged, so I can now unlock them. And thanks to the first barn upgrade I can now raise Golems and Bakus, so that's two more monsters unlocked now. I'm hoping I can get Eyebolt into the S-Rank soon, and maybe even further, as I'm not sure how much longer he's gonna last. I'm also hoping I can get a few Gold Peaches before he kicks, as the last adventure I had in the jungle didn't earn me any (though I did get the Old Sheath, which eventually triggered the tournament invite to unlock Durahan). I also still need to get the Joker Mask to unlock Joker so there's that. But, at the moment, things are going decently well.

I got Pokémon Emerald and am playing that. It’s hard to save my gems but at least I finally got Gloria and Zacian in Pokémon Masters EX.

I'm actually in a state of shock. I just beat Monster Rancher 2 with my first monster, Eyebolt. I beat the A-Rank, S-Rank, and all of the Major 4 matches with my first monster. I've never gotten any further than S-Rank at most in this game but Eyebolt just kept going. It helped that I used a Gold Peach and a few Magic Bananas to boost his lifespan just enough to conquer the Major 4 matches. I had a few hiccups here and there but I achieved the title of "Master" with my first monster. I've heard it was possible but I didn't know if I, myself, could ever get that far, especially since those methods are generally "meta", and yet I just did on my own terms. Granted, I haven't unlocked all the monster breeds yet (although I did get the Wracky doll and planted the Mock seeds, so those two are waiting in the wings), but the fact that Eyebolt was able to beat all the tournaments has left me in a state of disbelief. The only other Monster Rancher game I've beaten is 4 (twice). Now all that's left is unlocking all the other breeds but I've beaten the main game. Granted, there is still the Legend Cup but I doubt Eyebolt will be able to go that far, especially since Colt already mentioned that he may need to be retired a few in-game months ago. But, wow, I'm actually surprised I successfully beat the game for the first time.

EDIT: Slight update. On the first week of March of the following year Eyebolt was finally retired. He went on his last expedition and got the Big Footprint that'll trigger the event later on to unlock Jill. But that won't be for a while. While I haven't actually acquired Eyebolt's "successor" just yet, I know it'll be a Draco Hopper so I can eventually unlock Nitron, Undine, and technically Zilla (though there's another step needed). I might also try to use the same Draco Hopper to unlock Dragons, since he needs to be at the B-Rank anyway to get the first three Mons and you can only get the Dragon Tusk if you're B-Rank and no higher. Well, I'll be working on that tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom