• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Still playing Breath of Fire 4. Because I had met the 20 faerie requirement I backtracked to Njomo to get the last skill she teaches. Then I went back to the ruins where the Endless are summoned and exploited a trick I had learned a little while ago to grind for fast levels. In this case, I used combo magic on Bots to "burst them open", then healed them, waited for them to "return to normal", rinse and repeat. You can do this up to 8 times and each time you do it doubles the EXP gain. So, needless to say, after doing it to a few clusters of Bots for a bit my party are now in the 30's, give or take. Considering I've had this game since it came out I'm surprised to just learn this little EXP trick. I also got my first skill from Abbess before finally moving on with the plot. I absolutely loath this iteration of Zig and his crew due to their sexism against Nina and Ursula. Though Ursula does get some fun scenes in it, such as nonchalantly shooting down Kahn and her terror over the harmless sea lice. But I HATE the minigame involving Nina and Iggy. The blubber bottom recovers from getting bopped on the head too quickly for Nina to charge him. But I managed to do it, with only a few seconds to spare, so no time bonus. So, after the girls proved their worth the party set sail. We then fought the fake god on the Island of Fire before making it to Lyp. I then set sail again to find the Sea Dragon and found him on the first try. Then I did some fishing at the ocean spot and managed to catch everything except Sailfish and Whale, though I know those will require a stronger rod, as the Bamboo Rod struggled with just the Bonitos and Flatfish, which are sort of a mid-tier strength fish in that spot. Taking a break for now so I can clean my apartment, as I have an inspection coming up.

Deltarune, Chapter 2. I finished it in one sitting when it landed on PC, I played it on Switch as soon as it dropped after the Direct, and now I'm nearly done with the alternate route.

I loved Undertale back in 2015/16, and I loved Chapter 1 when it came out about three years ago, so of course I absolutely love Chapter 2 as well. The characters are still a delight, the soundtrack has some of the best music yet (looking at you, "Smart Race" and "BIG SHOT"), and the story is really starting to take shape now too. It's gonna be a long hard wait for Chapters 3-5, but 1&2 are just such a good time that I'm finding it difficult to be mad about it.

Getting further in Breath of Fire 4. I did the stuff in Pabpab, got the Mozaweed for the sick Pabpab (along with doing lots of fishing so I could get enough fishing points to get Master Gyosil). Then I managed to do all the events on the Saldine Flats, gaining Ryu's next Dragon form: Mammoth, along with watching some character development for Cray (and more fishing, as it's part of the plot this time). Also ran into Kahn and got him as a Master (don't flatter yourself, muscle boy). Did the events in Chiqua with the merchant. I was going to get the pot for him like normal but because of all the fishing I've done during the game I actually had all the ingredients he wanted for shisu (a nod to Breath of Fire 3) so that heavily simplified things. Also did the next few "treasure" trades, now up to the Gold Ball, which has granted me Marlok's next skill. I did the En Jhou Ruins and obtained the Mutant Dragon form. I then backtracked to Abbess to get her final two skills along with Rwolf's final skill. Then added Lyta (who requires being apprenticed by Gyosil first) and Kryrik to my Master list, gaining the first three skills from the former due to Ryu's level being over 30 (but not quite at 35, which would give me her last skill). Thanks to the final skill Abbess taught me I managed to use it in a clever combo alongside both Nina's and Scias' Vitalize, netting me a 70-hit combo, which allowed me to instantly clean out Kryrik. That leaves only Bunyan as the final Master I need to gain, and he'll only teach me when I've apprenticed all the other Masters (plus I still haven't gotten to his home yet). Also did all of Fou-Lu's segments, trouncing Yohm's fire monsters and watching Fou-Lu effectively destroy his own empire due to how corrupt and evil it's become.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Arcade Attack on the DS which I decided to drop today before even reaching the final level mostly because it's kinda garbage. Doesn't even come anywhere close to the classic Konami beat em ups it's trying to be like.

Taking a break from Bravely Default for now, as the story is starting to get stale once again and some of the sidequests are frustrating me. In the meantime, I've been making some good headway on my Pokemon Y playthrough: defeated the seventh gym and am currently in the Lysandre Labs.

I've also been playing a lot of Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition, making my way through the Legend mode to continue to unlock more and more characters. In doing so I've found myself once again in a Zelda mood, so I've also started another playthrough of A Link to the Past. I've never finished this game, mostly because I've just always gotten distracted with something else, but hopefully I can push through this one.

I've also been playing Mario's Picross on and off as well when I need something to do with my hands.

Honestly, I'm just using these games all as placeholders before Dread comes out in a week.

Still working Breath of Fire 4. I have not progressed the story at all! Instead, I've been trying to grind the fishing minigames in order to get stuff like the Angling Rod and the fish I've been unable to catch. And I finally managed to start getting the hang of the various "techs" to attract hard-to-obtain fish, most notably Tech 4. In doing so I FINALLY managed to hook myself four Salmon, a few Dorados, Spearfish, and Black Porgies, as those were all the types of fish I hadn't been able to catch yet. As a result of getting the Salmon, Dorados, and previously acquired Martin Squids I was able to get the Angling Rod. A worthwhile investment as it made catching many, many fish much easier, such as the aforementioned Spearfish and Black Porgies, along with various other hard-to-catch fish like Bonitos, Octopi, and Dorados. I still have yet to catch a Barandy or Whale but that'll come in time. As a result of all this fishing I've gotten my Fishing Points up to 6,000+, which means I can get the Spanner Rod from Gyosil now, even though the Angling Rod is superior.

Started Bayonetta 1 yesterday.

Now, why I just started another massive game right before Dread, I don't know. I just have been going back and forth between playing it since the Direct, and it's been on my backlog for a while.

I like the game so far, although some of it is a bit over the top for me, I do find the story intriguing so far and the combat is fun to figure out.

Only did a bit of Breath of Fire 4 today. First I got the Spanner from Gyosil, then I did a bit more fishing and managed to net two Barandy from one of the fishing spots (boy, they were fighters). After that I finally progressed the plot a bit more. Did the River segment and all its waterway raising/lowering madness before finding the last dragon: the Rock Dragon, which means Ryu now has control over the Kaiser Dragon form. Now I'm at Pauk and will soon do the catch-the-chicken minigame in order to get to the next area, which will be the Emperor's Tomb.

Still playing Hades along with the Castlevania Advance Collection. For the latter I've been going back and forth with Circle of the Moon and Harmony of Dissonance, wanted to get to the second one as well to put some hours into it (plus Juste is my second favorite Belmont). Haven't replayed Aria of Sorrow yet, but will get to it once CotM is beaten.

Went back to Smash Ultimate last night, so I'm also playing that again as well. Mainly just doing solo and online matches with characters I don't use as much (so anyone that isn't from FE, the Belmonts, Snake, Lucario, Joker/Akira, Terry, Kazuya, Cloud, Sephiroth, and Pyra/Mythra lol).

Trying to get to Benga in Black 2 while training my team to Lv. 55 in Emerald.

Neo: The World Ends With You: Partway through Day 6 and the first Scramble Slam.

Minecraft: Been steadily clearing out a cave system close to the original spawn location, and also found a village nearby that I'll be moving to in a little while, since those are always super useful to have close access to.

Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia: Graduated from Ranger School and joined the Vientown Ranger base. The Vien Forest is currently ablaze and I've gotta deal with it. Also I chose Starly for my partner.

Trained my team in Emerald and they are Lv. 55. I haven’t even gotten all Gym Badges yet. But I’m training for the Rayquaza catch later by over leveling my team. Same with Yellow though I don’t play it much now because I’m on Emerald.

With college courses coming up, I haven't had much time to dedicate myself to longer games.

I reached the point in Persona 4 where the teacher dies, and I haven't had the time to continue since starting school. It's fun, although I can see the game getting really grindy later on.

In the meantime, I've made it to case 5 in the Great Ace Attorney. I've really been enjoying the game lately, my only real complaint is that the investigation sections feel a bit watered down from previous installations in the series. The game's third case is probably my favorite thus far, and is probably in my top 5 of the series. It did a good job at making me feel as though something was off, like with the quiet changes to the carriage, and the unusual overconfidence and preparedness of the defendant. My sense of unease slowly grew as the case went on, and it wasn't anything I'd ever felt while playing the rest of the series. Kind of curious to see where case 5 goes, since it seems to be a continuation of all that.

I also got The Binding of Isaac on sale on Steam. I unlocked Magdalene, Cain and Eve as playable characters. As of now, I have only managed to clear easy mode once. :confused:

Poke Ranger: Shadows of Almia: The Pokemon of Pueltown have been driven wild by the strange machines and it's up to me and Luana to put things right.

Neo: The World Ends With You: It's the Final Day of The Game, and we're after the Ruinbringers and their top spot on the leaderboards.

Minecraft: Moved to that nearby village and built a house. Started mining out a fairly sizeable and... Complex cave system nearby for the coal and iron to earn some emeralds and level up the village's two weapon smiths. In doing so I got an Efficiency II diamond axe, as well as two diamond swords, one Sharpness II and one Unbreaking II, which I then combined into the mighty Lonecalibur. The next goal is scoring a librarian who'll sell Mending books, which I understand involves a fair bit of time smashing and placing lecterns, so, yeah.

Currently playing through 3 games!

Bug Fables - Some friends of mine pooled together to buy me this for my birthday (among other very nice things they did ;w; ), so I've been playing through that. I'm currently in Chapter 2 and have loved it so far! The overworlds are a bit less engaging than in Paper Mario, but the battle system is a complete upgrade. There are so many neat little mechanics that make fights more engaging than in classic Paper Mario.

Stardew Valley - I've been playing Mario's Super Picross as my side-game for a long time, so I wanted something new, laid-back, and pretty to play when I'm not in the mood for Picross. I've gotten almost to Year 3 in my previous two files, but I decided that after such a long break I really needed to start fresh. Plus, it gave me the opportunity to try the new Beach farm layout, and it's been really fun! It's absolutely massive compared to the Riverland and Forest in my previous files, and I love the aesthetics of it.

Mario's Super Picross - That said, I am still playing this when I'm in the mood for it. :V

I'm 30 hours in & have started the Wario levels by now. So far, these feel more my speed than the Mario levels. I like that there's no timer, so I can take each puzzle slowly & methodically, which I greatly prefer. The only hitch I've run into so far is that some of the puzzles are really difficult if they don't give you an obvious line to start on.

Back
Top Bottom