• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Still playing FFXIV. I now have a Healer (White Mage) and Tank (Dark Knight) at level 80! :O Amazing for me, I know. But I did cheese that leveling up quite a bit with Squadrons, MSQ Roulette, and Trusts. But with tanking I have actually been legitimately Tanking (and did Leveling for weeks to help get Dark Knight to level 80). I'm proud of myself, I was so scared of it.

I've also picked Animal Crossing New Horizons back up in anticipation of the amazing content coming in early November. My town is overrun with flowers. This is the most annoying thing about the game, I swear. They're such a pain to clean up, too!

Picked up Shield and played through a barely started save I had before Stories came out, and found I made a very grave error in playing the Isle of Armor just to where you get the Exp. Charm. It wasn't bad at first, I never had to grind and was usually on par with the gyms. But the further in I went, the more overleveled I ended up no matter how hard I tried to skip trainers. Come to the finals and I'm almost 5 levels over.... then get to the Champion and I'm suddenly five levels under lol. I should have known better and definitely won't make that mistake again because I've never had a playthrough like this, but I wanted my Bulbasaur damn it.

Still a great game though, was just what I needed to start to ease back into Pokemon before BDSP next month. To make up for the exp. gain problem I tried putting the game on set instead of switch, which I've never done before in all my years of playing. Kinda surprised at how much of a difference it can make, actually had fun with the major battles despite being overleveled. I might have to try it for the full game next time.

Now I'm going back to Stories 2 for a bit because I miss Ratha. That game has me somehow just as if not more attached to a Monstie I've known since July than the Pokemon I've had since high school. That's saying a lot because I LOVE my Pokemon. Me and my attachment to digital creatures.

Completed Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth yesterday. Pretty sure half of my 80+ hour playtime was spent grinding and digivolving/de-digivolving lol (would've been a lot much had it not for my 3 PlatinumNumemon + Tactician USBs). Enjoyed my time nonetheless. Moving on to Hacker's Memory since I'm still craving more Digimon.

Last edited:
Been meaning to post an update on Digimon World Next 0rder. Be warned, it's a doozy.

Since no one voted in my poll I just picked two DigiEggs that had certain higher stats and ended up with a Gaomon and Veemon, now a MachGaogamon and AeroVeedramon. I've been slowly, oh so slowly, working my way through the whole Meat VS Veggie Troops scenario. The reason why I say slowly is because I had to spend a LOT of time building up certain supplies of meat: Rotten and Best, to be exact, in order to recruit certain Digimon. Fortunately, I already had the needed 20 Hunk of Meat to recruit Gaomon, and I've since gotten Agumon, Goblimon, Veggiemon, and Lilymon to the city. I just finally got the last few chunks of Best Meat to recruit Tyranomon but I need a break. I've also been grinding for materials in order to upgrade various parts of the city, with the most recent upgrade being the Fields, so now I can grow 3 types of food at once. I'm trying to get the last few pieces of DigiGreatWood to upgrade the Digivolution Dojo to the next rank so that way I can unlock the ability to manually block certain digivolution paths. I have also been grinding for Bits like mad, as using Birdramon's Sender service is ridiculously overpriced (it's only at Level 2, so maybe it'll get cheaper if I get it to Level 3??? I've never gotten the Sender past Level 2 so if anyone knows please tell me if it'll get cheaper the more I upgrade it), but it saves time, especially since time is precious in Digimon World Next 0rder due to your Digimon's lifespans. I've also been spending some time fishing for specific fish: Digiloach, Black Digitrout, and Digitrout. The reason being so I can have them ready when I recruit Gomamon and Vikemon to the city for better fishing equipment. I still need Digiarowana but I can't get those until I upgrade the city's fishing banks to Level 3 (and I don't remember where you can catch them elsewhere). I've gotten the 10 Digiloaches and I just need 1 more Black Digitrout and 3 more Digitrout, and since I've upgraded my fishing skills I can now catch multiple fish at once, which is a great time-saver.

Animal Crossing- New Horizons. I'm decorating my island for Halloween, and buying costumes.

Still working Digimon World Next 0rder. I've since managed to get my MachGaogamon and AeroVeedramon to Mega: Gankoomon and Darkdramon, respectively (although it took AeroVeedramon a few extra days to reach that stage). I completed the Meat VS Veggie Troop scenario, followed by beating Rikka and Yukimura when the BH Program started taking them over (though, obviously, Yukimura had to be "destroyed" and converted back into a DigiEgg so Kouta could realize the error of his ways). I also beat Blackasaurus and Blackie (the Agumon/Gabumon Black duo, this time in Champion/Ultimate forms), which helped me gain a LOT of Bits to cover several costs. I spent some time recruiting MarineAngemon as well. I also rescued Datamon from MetalEtamon and fought Titamon. Titamon nearly trounced me but thanks to Gankoomon and Darkdramon being compatible I was able I was able to trigger and ExE form, creating ShineGreymon Burst Mode, who utterly schooled Titamon, effectively turning a curb-stomp battle in Titamon's favor into a curb-stomp battle in my favor. But it came at the cost of Server Tower. Now it's time to start recruiting more Digimon in order to get Floatia to live up to its name and become airborne. On a side-note I finally got the needed amount of Black Digitrout and Digitrout to upgrade my fishing equipment once I recruit Gomamon and Vikemon to the city (though the latter will most definitely need a ExE transformation, as you have to fight him to recruit him, and he's no pushover).

Picked up Smash Ultimate again since Sora dropped. He's pretty fun to play, very floaty that's for sure, but it's fun to get in some aerial combo's with him. I have yet to do his Classic Mode stuff and get his personal spirits, but I got all the other Kingdom Hearts spirits; I'm just glad that Axel, Roxas, Aqua, and Terra made it in as spirits, they're some of my favorite characters in the series.

Tonight I'll be getting back to Castlevania Advance Collection. I've been grinding out my level for a bit and trying to get certain soul abilities in Aria of Sorrow.

Lv. 65 was good enough and ended up getting Rayquaza in post-game. I’m starting Pokémon Crystal now on my 3DS’s VC.

Still working Digimon World Next 0rder. I've managed to recruit a ton of Digimon to the city, allowing Floatia to earn its namesake and become airborne. I nearly lost the fight against MetalEtamon and his two PlatinumSukamons, so I had to trigger an ExE form to win. After helping with the plan to expose the "traitor" among the group I just managed to beat Omegamon Zwart D by, again, using an ExE form (seeing a pattern here?). Which was perfect timing as Gankoomon was starting to kick the bucket. Poor Luche, her being devastated because she was the unwitting pawn to Shouma does pull at the heartstrings, but at least she'll now get her payback for being said pawn. Unfortunately, despite managing to recruit SkullGreymon to the city Gankoomon bit the dust just moments before I could recruit WereGarurumon, as the two are linked, so I had to get a new DigiEgg. Now I have a Renamon. Unfortunately, not long after she Digivolved into Renamon that Darkdramon bit the dust. Now I have a DemiDevimon in his place. I plan to get these two cute little nubs to become hulking warlords of swag (points to whoever gets the reference), but it has, unfortunately set my plans back a bit due to the bad timing. Now it's back to the grindstone by grinding on enemies. Joy. Which means this is a good time to take a break.

Still working Digimon World Next 0rder. I've now unlocked the Singular Zone/Infinite Cauldron, which means I'm in endgame territory. However, my current gen Mons: Sakuyamon and Vikemon, are not strong enough to face the upcoming battles with the main villains. Hell, they've been struggling with some of the regular encounters inside Infinite Cauldron like MetalMamemon and WarGrowlmon Black, much less stronger ones like the Sakuyamon you can recruit down there. So I'll probably have to wait until my 4th gen before I can tackle Mons like Shouma's partners, especially now that I've got all the areas in the Digital World unlocked (outside of a few places like certain sections of Ice Cathedral). I've also gotten Floatia's prosperity up to 107, with the most notable recent addition (to me) being LadyDevimon. No, it's not because she's hot or one of my favorites, it's because she sells Skull Chips, which I really like. I know, they reduce your Mon's lifespan in exchange for a big power-up but that's what I like about them, as it helps me keep my partners closer together in terms of growth, digivolution, and death. While I've heard that it's more beneficial to keep your partners' lifespans slightly apart I prefer to keep their lifespans pretty much equal for consistency and simplicity. So, as a result, I've used a Skull Chip on Vikemon, as he's a day younger than Sakuyamon, thus that'll even them out and make keeping track of their growth easier for me. Now, I just have to grind a bit more before these two bite the bullet so I can prepare my next gen of DigiEggs.

Still on Crystal. I still haven’t battled Red in my SoulSilver copy but that one’s a fake and am hoping to get a real on. In Crystal, you can challenge the Gym before going to Bell Tower which I discovered and I accidentally challenged Bird Keeper Abe but I won. I’m raising my team to Lv. 15.

started replaying fe7 again, on chapter 23 of eliwood mode! promoted two of my units so far, one to paladin and one to sage. i'm looking to promote two or three more at the very least. @_@ i think this late in the game might have been too late, but i worry that promoting them too early comes with a loss when it comes to stat changes. decisions, decisions...

Still working Digimon World Next 0rder. I've spent a lot of time running around, gathering materials to further upgrade Floatia. I also took advantage of the time to recruit several more Digimon to the city, including ones that I haven't recruited in any past playthroughs like Myotismon and GrandKuagamon, thus Floatia's prosperity is now in the 120s (I forgot the actual number). I also had to trigger the occasional ExE form to face certain foes like MetalSeadramon and Sakuyamon, recruiting them in the process. I've also been spending time fishing for rare fish like Digituna and Digisnakehead, as they not only provide special bonuses when eaten (especially Digisnakehead, which boost lifespan), but MegaSeadramon needs them to further upgrade Floatia's fishing banks. While I haven't gotten any new Digisnakeheads since the first two I got (and even then I won them as a drop item facing Taomon Silver in MOD Cape), but I've gotten a few more Digitunas to replace the ones I gave MegaSeadramon. Now I just need to wait a day before the Lab is upgraded to its final form so I can recruit certain Digimon such as Ophanimon and Boltmon to the city. I just hope my partners can last a bit longer so I can recruit those Mons before kicking the bucket and forcing me to start over again.

started replaying fe7 again, on chapter 23 of eliwood mode! promoted two of my units so far, one to paladin and one to sage. i'm looking to promote two or three more at the very least. @_@ i think this late in the game might have been too late, but i worry that promoting them too early comes with a loss when it comes to stat changes. decisions, decisions...
Speaking of FE7, I need to get back to that game now that I have the gamecube demo disc bonuses

Neo: The World Ends With You: Oh boy it's been a while since I commented on the state of this one, huh? Lots of stuff happened, shit has hit the fan as Rindo so succinctly puts it. Shoka has rejected the Reapers' plan to destroy Shibuya and defected to the Twisters. Uzuki and Kariya similarly act as our allies in all but name. Minamimoto reappeared and tried to kick our asses, but was put to a stop by none other than Mr. Twister himself, Neku Sakuraba. Who also joined the Wicked Twisters. This means that I now have six whole pins to play around with in any one battle. Y'all this game is great.

I have also been grinding for Bits like mad, as using Birdramon's Sender service is ridiculously overpriced (it's only at Level 2, so maybe it'll get cheaper if I get it to Level 3??? I've never gotten the Sender past Level 2 so if anyone knows please tell me if it'll get cheaper the more I upgrade it)
The sender does not get cheaper, it simply gains more ridiculously overpriced options. I suggest going to find Wizarmon in the Boney Resort. He's still not perfect, but at the very least he'll usually be able to save you at least a little bit of time.
I just managed to beat Omegamon Zwart D by, again, using an ExE form (seeing a pattern here?
Yeah ExE is literally the only way to get through the story without sinking unreasonable amounts of time into grinding stats. The difficulty curve is... Bad. There's no other way to describe it it's just bad.
Hell, they've been struggling with some of the regular encounters inside Infinite Cauldron
My advice, run stealth. Save at the start of every room and keep reloading every time you get into a fight because you're not going to come out the other side in any state to keep going. I'm pretty sure there's more than one big storyline encounter, too, so you might need to kill an in-game day waiting for your ExE to reset.

Still working Digimon World Next 0rder. Sakuyamon and Vikemon both bit the dust, but not before I was able to recruit Ophanimon and MetalGarurumon. They both died at the same exact time, though Sakuyamon showed signs of death a little bit sooner than Vikemon. Now I have two new Digimon: Gatomon and Gururumon. I plan to have Gatomon become a Minervamon, as she's one of my favorites, instead of my pride and joy Angewomon/Ophanimon. As for Gururumon... I'm still debating it, though I'm leaning toward Dianamon atm, as I've locked off all other paths except Taomon Silver right now. I've been grinding on enemy Mons like there's no tomorrow and now my two Champions have already reached the same stat level as Sakuyamon and Vikemon (sans HP/MP, which are lower atm), which is the 4k stat range, give or take. Now I'm thinking of heading back to Bony Resort and grind on WereGarurumon Black for both stats and Bits, as he gives some pretty good stuff, especially since I've been clobbering the WarGrowlmon Orange I've been using now like child's play. There is also the fact that I've heard MegaKabuterimon at Palace of Thorns is a good spot, so I might check him out. I've also gotten Floatia's prosperity to 131.

@Lone_Garurumon Really? Damn, then it's a waste of time to upgrade the Sender, huh? If all Birdramon offers is more overpriced shipping then he's not worth getting any further than Level 2, which is already overpriced. "Time is money" indeed. And I've gotten Wizardmon so I'll try him over Birdramon, since I've never actually used what Wizardmon offers before. And as for Next 0rder's level curve... I still consider it better than HGSS, even if the early game is hell, as at least once the world open up more and Floatia gets upgraded grinding gets easier. And you see the rewards of your grinding more readily in Next 0rder, even if it's no less time consuming. But, anyway, thanks for the tips and info, as that's very helpful.

And as for Next 0rder's level curve... I still consider it better than HGSS, even if the early game is hell, as at least once the world open up more and Floatia gets upgraded grinding gets easier. And you see the rewards of your grinding more readily in Next 0rder, even if it's no less time consuming. But, anyway, thanks for the tips and info, as that's very helpful.
Out of curiosity, what Difficulty Level are you playing on?

Out of curiosity, what Difficulty Level are you playing on?

Normal, although it hardly does more than reduce gym training effects by a certain amount compared to Easy. The enemy AI, damage dealt/received, earned Bits/Items, and whatnot is pretty much the same regardless of Difficulty Level, resulting it in being more of a fake difficulty situation than anything. The only real difference with Hard compared to everything else is that gym training is greatly reduced and your Digimon's lifespan is shorter.

Back
Top Bottom