• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Normal, although it hardly does more than reduce gym training effects by a certain amount compared to Easy. The enemy AI, damage dealt/received, earned Bits/Items, and whatnot is pretty much the same regardless of Difficulty Level, resulting it in being more of a fake difficulty situation than anything. The only real difference with Hard compared to everything else is that gym training is greatly reduced and your Digimon's lifespan is shorter.
That explains a lot as I heard the game got screwed over in the Localisation to where "Normal" was intended to "Hard" and "Easy" was meant to be "Normal". :unsure:

That explains a lot as I heard the game got screwed over in the Localisation to where "Normal" was intended to "Hard" and "Easy" was meant to be "Normal". :unsure:

Well, if you beat the game even once you then get the "Hard" mode difficulty as one of the default choices for new playthroughs, along with any DLC like the Talking DigiEggs. I guess I should mention that I'm playing the PS4 version, which got the modes somewhat fixed compared to the Vita version. Granted, "Easy" and "Normal" have very little differences between them, with it mostly being the gym, and I've seen "Hard" on certain Let's Plays, where it's, again, the differences are mostly the gym and lifespan at best. The enemy AI and everything else remains pretty much locked in place, even bosses. Though even on "Easy" the early game can still be hell, so regardless of difficulty setting pretty much everything remains the same.

Forgive the double post but it's been a day since the last one so it should be okay. Anyway, still working on Digimon World Next 0rder. I've gotten my two Digimon to Ultimate: Lilymon and Taomon Silver. And, according to the Digivolution Dojo, they already met the requirements (or at least enough of them) to achieve the Megas I want. I've been grinding like mad, with my newest punching bag being PlatinumNumemon in Infinite Cauldron. As of this post I've gotten my two Mons into the 6k range, with HP/MP being in the 30,000, though I've noticed that some of the stats have/are starting to cap against the platinum punching bag. They should be close to Digivolving soon into the Megas I decided on: Minervamon and Dianamon. I was temped to go with Kuzuhamon for instead of Dianamon but her path is currently locked, so I guess I can't raise a Kuzuhamon until post-game. But I'm getting to the point where my two partners are really strong and are kicking a lot of digi-booty. I've also managed to recruit MetalGreymon, MetalTyranomon, and MetalMamemon to the city, giving Floatia a prosperity of 137. Once I achieve Mega I plan to go after WarGreymon in Logic Volcano, since I already recruited his counterpart MetalGarurumon before my previous gen Mons died.

As I mentioned in another thread I have beaten Digimon World Next 0rder. My two partners Digivolved into Minervamon and Dianamon, allowing me to finally charge into the final battles. I fought against Kuzuhamon and Gaiomon/Samudramon and won despite the fact that they got off several of their special moves. I then beat Phoenixmon and recruited him to Floatia before heading into the final battle. I managed to beat Omnimon/Omegamon Alter-B without using an ExE form (though it took a lot of recovery items) and thus completed the story, allowing Reincarnation to take place. Now it's onto the post-game.

I've been playing Smash Ultimate still. Played around with Sora some more both online and offline, though if I'm up against him during online it's not as fun lol. Finally did his Classic Mode stuff, so that was neat. Other then that, been going back to playing as my usual characters.

Also still playing Castlevania Advance Collection as well. Beat Aria of Sorrow with the normal ending (which is just beating Graham without the Dracula Souls), I almost always get that ending first in each replay lol. Sometime tonight I'll start another file in AoS to try and get one of the other three endings. I've also been playing through another file of Circle of the Moon, mainly to try and get all cards this time, and it's going about as well as I expected (which is.. not too good so far).

A few days ago I randomly started up the Switch version of Fate/EXTELLA Link again and looked through my completed file, for some reason I had Francis Drake as my main servant even though she's my least favorite servant in the series (I think I was trying to finish off the last of her conversations by raising her bond level, I don't know it's been a while). Anyway, I decided to start a new file last night and play as the male Master this time; currently just finished Day 3 Stage 7, so later when I finish Stage 8 I can use the Servants I unlocked on this day in future stages if I want.

Neo The World Ends With You: Cleared the story. Good god do those final chapters set a very strong mood. Also it's kinda shocking that the game implemented an unambiguous literal deus ex machina, but also actually did it well? Like, Haz exorcises Kubo and puts Shibuya back the way it was, but also gives Rindo the chance to do it all again, even harder than last time, with absolutely no help this time, to get his friends back. It's actually shockingly effective? At this point I'm going for Platting the game, which mostly means scoring every pin, thread, and using a guide to get all the secret reports because fuck figuring it out myself they're not even giving us hints this time. Overall and extremely good game that I would recommend.

Minecraft: Caving! Diamond helmet and chestplate acquired and enchanted with Mending. I did find a zombie spawner as well, containing a saddle which I then used to ride a pig off a cliff. That's about it, really. Just kinda goin'.

Cuphead

So, I finally got this game on a visit to GameStop today (which unfortunately did not yield any shiny Zacian codes), and, wow. The game is definitely really cool and fun, but I did not expect it to be this difficult right off the bat! Once I completed the tutorial stage, I first tried to fight Goopy Le Grande in “Ruse of an Ooze,” and I failed to survive his attacks long enough to even beat the first phase of his fight. Then I spent awhile trying to clear the “Forest Follies” Run ‘n Gun stage. I learnt pretty quickly that jumping on enemies was a no-go, and soon after that realized that even this first platforming level was gonna be no cakewalk, as I often became swarmed by enemies and died despite my numerous efforts to dodge and destroy them. I tried many times, but still haven’t cleared the level once yet, and only made it as far as the Acorn Maker miniboss twice total. Oh, and the best part? The first time I reached it, I foolishly assumed that it was the goal that I needed to touch, and rushed straight into it rather than shooting at it. :bulbaFacepalm: Guess I was just too anxious to stop being bombarded by the Aggravating Acorns to notice its obvious angry face. :v Well, I’ll keep trying next time.

One of my younger brothers had a turn playing the game after me, and instead opted to challenge the Root Pack. He struggled with it at first, but he actually beat it! Good on him for clearing a stage before me. I’ll need to step up my game…

Decided to catch Mewtwo in Yellow before continuing to train my team to Lv. 35 in Crystal.

Been playing some Animal Crossing, slowly building up a crop farm on me and my mom's island and slowly adding new decorations.

Also picked up Pokemon Y again trying to find a game to play before BDSP and found I had a save I had only gotten to the 4th gym on, so been playing that. I was using a couple mons I had never used before, Litleo and Skiddo, and actually really enjoyed using them, though I kinda wish that Litleo/Pyroar wasn't a special attacker right now. I've had fun using Gogoat so far.

Last edited:
Still am playing Crystal and trying to train my team. I couldn’t get a Beedrill during Bug Catching but I did do one by headbutting trees. I also went up to the Battle Tree in Pokémon Moon. It was hard to beat Red but I trained my team by batting wild Pokémon and trainers (including Mina).

I recently finished Metroid Dread and it was, in my opinion, the best Metroid game I've played yet. If you're interested more on my opinion, read some of my thoughts in a review here.

Since that's been done I'm to picking back up on my playthroughs of Bayonetta and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. I want to finish these both up before the release of BDSP to make sure I have adequate time and attention for that game.

I want to also pop back into Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate soon to check out their final updates as well.

Neo: The World Ends With You: Collected... Many, of the missing bonus pins (Axion, Dilaton, Dibaryon). I could not tell you whether I've got everything I'm missing on that front because there's no way to check other than trying to buy everything with them and seeing if I come up short. I got everything in the "commonly missed" guides I could find, but then I also picked up a random Axion not listed in those guides. So really at this point it's anybody's guess. I've clearing out bits and pieces of the Noisepedia and pig noise as I go as well. I've also been doing as many dive battles as I can gold-rank. I've already got the Theraperfect trophy, but I need those friendship points to clear the social network.

Minecraft: Collected a bunch more diamonds, so now I'm fully kitted out in all diamond gear. Now the main thing I'm working on is improving the town of Lonetropolis. I've fenced off the town, laid torches through the entire place, and paved over any rivers within town limits to theoretically keep out any monsters and drowned that try to murder the villagers. It's happened. Current course of business is finalising the library, filling it with bookshelves to improve the capacity of the enchantment table, as well as levelling up the librarians working within. I also built a railway to obtain the On A Rail achievement while waiting for cows, chickens, and sugar cane to grow. Coincidentally winding up smack bang in the middle of a different village.

Because I've been bored out of my mind I spent some time digging through my games. In the process I discovered that I hadn't downloaded Shantae and the Pirate's Curse onto my Switch Lite yet (it's on the main Switch), so I did just that and started playing it. I'm only up to the first island, having just entered the Den of Evil and saved at the first save point in the dungeon. I've also gotten all the Cacklebats that are available up to that point, which is I think 4 of them. I forgot how much fun Shantae can be, so this is definitely helping cure my boredom, especially since this game was my true introduction to the Shantae series. I'll pick it up again tomorrow, as I've got to do my before bed routines soon.

Back
Top Bottom