• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Just a question, but how many endings does Digimon Survive have? Just asking because I'm a completionist and I want to get the worst endings first so the best one feels better.

From what I hear it branches off into three endings starting at Chapter 8, one for each Karma (Moral, Harmony, Wrath), which are dependent on the choices you make in-game, along with a secret route. So I guess Wrath (which aligns with Virus-types) is probably the "worst" ending, as it's associated with basically "winning at all costs", which would probably result in the most deaths.

EDIT: Greninja'd

Playing some 3 Hopes before I (may) move on to Triangle Strategy. Gameplay is fun and much more varied than the first though I wish the endings were better.

Here's hoping that we get 3H timeskip outfits as DLC and playable Alois in the future.

Okay, I made it to the end of Chapter 5 in Digimon Survive. I'll leave what happens in a spoiler, and after a bit of independent digging I have also confirmed some information that I've been wanting to know. Read at your own risk.

Well, to start things off my hunch about Lopmon was on the money. He DID go Dark Digivolution on Shuuji, whose abuse went nuclear on the poor little guy. He one-shot MegaSeadramon by becoming Wendigomon but then turned on Shuuji and freaking ate him alive! That was probably the most graphic death I've seen in this game thus far. Talk about going horribly right, as Shuuji's abuse toward Lopmon is because both of them are almost dead weight to the rest of the group and he wanted Lopmon to Digivolve. He got is wish, to put it simply. It was also his last wish.

And it further concludes what I thought: Ryo's and Shuuji's deaths are indeed scripted in the first playthrough of any file. It's the New Game+ mode that grants you the chance to save them, which unlocks the secret route. Which also means the secret route is only playable during NG+ mode, so you can only go either the Moral, Harmonious, or Wrathful routes on the first run. And further research reveals that Lopmon isn't the only one who can go through a Dark Digivolution, and that's accessible on the Wrath route, so that means it is the "bad ending" route. I won't say who but I will say it's probably the least likely one.

Moving on to more... pleasant information, I did a few more Free Battles and recruited a Gotsumon and Gazimon, though I have tried and failed... repeatedly... to recruit a Patamon. Damn that 29% success rate! Also I'm so glad I recruited that Deltamon, as he's been quite the powerhouse, giving me some much-needed extra firepower. I'm also tempted to use my last Digivolution item on one of my non-partner Digimon, like Betamon, Gazimon, Gomamon, or even Deltamon himself but I don't know who to use it on. Hopefully I can find another one as I keep forgetting about using the phone's camera to check for items.

Also, we find Kaito's little sister... who is the queen of the amusement park. Alongside a Syakomon. Shoulda known she'd be fine. Can't say I blame Kaito for being so overprotective, especially after Ryo's death, but maybe he should back it up a bit, as she's not exactly "frail" like he said she is. We also run into two of Arukenimon's "associates": Monzemon and Garurumon, though Garurumon turns out to be someone pretty special to our mysterious ghostly children.

There's more to report but I don't want to say any more. Plus this post is getting long-winded already so I'll stop here. Most of my Digimon are in the mid-to-late 20s, with Growlmon being the highest at 31.

Last edited:
Getting back into Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town, after having not played it for a while (i.e. two years). I didn't fully realize how much I missed this game until I picked it back up again.

I have been playing Xenoblade 3 all weekend. I have not had a life outside of it, I have already put 20+ hours in, and the story has damn near made me cry.

I'm honestly not sure how close to done I am. The gameplay is really fun. It's really taken what I liked about the first two and improved on it I feel.

Digimon Survive:
We've had our second death, Shuuji, projecting his own trauma onto Lopmon, simply just abused the poor little bugger until he evolved into Wendigomon and literally fucking ate Shuuji alive. It was honestly incredibly gruesome, especially with the blood splatters that cover the screen whenever someone dies. Colouring it black does nothing to reduce the impact. And then both of them died when Wendigmon was consumed by the hands in the fog.
This event, naturally, shook up the crew quite badly, to the point of Minoru absolutely flipping his shit on Falcomon for the potential for him to just turn evil at a moment's notice and literally kill his partner. Falcomon was naturally very upset by the entire experience and left. Cannot blame the poor guy. The two made up though, and everybody seems to have mostly recovered from the emotional turmoil of seeing our friend literally eaten alive by the creature that was supposed to be his protector.
Then Garurumon showed up, things are really weird between him, Haru, and the Professor (who's still alive by the way, called it), we smashed his face in, and he ran off towards a factory, which is probably where the bad guys' base is. So after a short rest back at the school we started on our way, but got ambushed by Arukenimon, who kidnapped Miyuki, who seems to be especially important among the group. Haru then decided fuck this noise and ran off after them rather than staying with the group. And that's where we are now.
Throughout the events, everybody's Digimon have evolved to their Perfect forms, except, for some reason, Dracmon. I'm not entirely sure why, since everybody's evolutions except Agumon's (who evolved to Triceramon in my version of events) took place in disconnected little side-scenes. Kaito is able to talk during battle, which seems to be one of the early warning signs that someone is in danger of dying, since both Ryo and Shuuji lacked the ability, and some characters lost it for a little bit while their relationships with their Digimon were still kinda rocky after, y'know, the whole "Lopmon just fucking ate Shuuji" thing. So I have no idea why he hasn't had the trigger to enter the deep woods and evolve Dracmon to his Perfect form. I suppose he could get it later in a story event or something, but it'd seem a bit weird for Dracmon to be the only non-Agumon Perfect to be gained in a story event instead of a side-scene.

Still playing Digimon Survive. I haven't made any progress in the story, as I'm only at the start of Chapter 6 where the kids' faith in their partners is starting to fracture due to what happened with Shuuji and Lopmon, especially Minoru and Falcomon, along with the return of the Professor. I had a feeling he wasn't dead. I realized how low my team's levels were so I've been grinding on Free Battles, also taking the time to get items/new recruits while I'm at it. I've managed to recruit a Gatomon, a Birdramon, a Meramon, and a Biyomon and I'm trying to recruit a Dokugumon. I'm actually glad this game is using some rather underrated Mons as both the main cast and many of the wild encounters. Basically ones that don't show up as often in most Digimon media like the anime and games (Agumon, and perhaps Lopmon, being really the only exceptions when it comes to the main cast).

I also Digivolved Growlmon into WarGrowlmon with the evolutionary item I got from Wendigomon and also evolved Gazimon into Fangmon and Betamon into Tuskmon. I'm hoping I can find some Monzemon in the new Free Battle area that has been unlocked, as they possess more of the item needed to evolve Champion free Digimon into Ultimates. Also, I forgot to mention this before but Agumon's Ultimate form was MetalGreymon, which means I'm on the route I want to be on (Moral). Most of my team are in the 30s now, with a few stragglers, and the exception of WarGrowlmon, who is Level 41 and I raised my affinities with everyone at least one more stage.

Digimon Survive:
Honestly there's been a lot of story stuff that I don't feel like recounting in full, but turns out Haru is The Professor, both existing at the same time somehow, still not quite sure how that happened, and Garurumon is The Professor's old partner Gabumon, and has kinda come around to the whole Fated Partner thing a little bit, but still not really sure about the whole thing. In a brief moment of co-operation where both have the same desire to rescue Miyuki from Arukenimon's (who is dead btw) boss Piemon, The Professor is able to catalyse his evolution to the one, the only, my fuckin' boy! WereGarurumon
maxresdefault.jpg

After beating the shit out of Piemon, Garurumon leaves because the pressing situation has resolved and he's still not really sure about stuff, but you can tell he's gonna be comin' back. Then the fog started to take Miyuki but Takuma and Agumon jumped in after her, yada yada lore stuff, yada yada Miyuki and Haru have been in the other world for 50 years, hence why The Professor is now an old man, yada yada Yakuma and Miyuki wind up back in their world with Agumon, they wander around for a little bit before learning that the worlds are, surprise surprise, connected, and shit going wrong in one is bad for the other.
Then it turns out Piemon came through with us and is going on a rampage, and is now the subject of a fucking hard boss battle. Because, predictably, Agumon and Takuma have to handle this on their own. I can bring in up to three free Digimon for backup, but they are definitively weaker than the partner Digimon I've been mostly using for the entire game. This is rather troublesome, because I have not been making a point to keep my free Digimon up to pace with the partner Digimon, since there's usually not even enough zones to bring all of the partners in, let alone some free backup. Before this point I'd been very occasionally using a Gazimon that I'd evolved to Fangmon and then Vamdemon, the mandatory Betamon I'd evolved to Tuskmon, and the mandatory Gomamon I'd evolved to Ikkakumon. And while I'd been using the former two occasionally during free battles where power levels are lower and you don't need the full hitting power of the partners, Ikkakumon especially was very underleveled, since I'd only really used him for that one Arukenimon boss I had to retry a few times because he was my only Vaccine option at the time. And like, while Triceramon is a beast, he's also Data Attribute and cannot solo Piemon and the lackeys. So while I was able to get kinda close with the options I had, especially once I evolved Tuskmon to a second Triceramon and Ikkakumon to Zudomon, but there were still a few cracks in the strats that needed ironing out. So after grinding them up a bit and re-assessing the equipment setups to hammer out some specific failing points I'd encountered over, like, three or four attempts, I'm feeling confident that next time I have the opportunity to try it I'll have a better time of it.

Still grinding in Digimon Survive. I've made slight progress in the story, where Falcomon and Minoru have enough conflict between them that Falcomon takes off, followed by the Professor giving us bit of an info dump on how the Mons are mirrors to their partners' hearts. Standard Digimon lore but it helped Minoru realize his mistakes and want to apologize to Falcomon for his cruel behavior. So now it's off to find the wayward Digimon.

On a lesser note I managed to recruit a Dokugumon and Sangloupmon. I also finally found some Monzemon and with some luck managed to get about four evolution slabs that allowed me to Digivolve some of my Champions: Gatomon to Angewomon, Tuskmon to Triceramon, Deltamon to Gigadramon, and Fangmon to Arukenimon. Most of my Mons are in the 30s to 40s, sans some stragglers, with WarGrowlmon being the highest at 52.

Digimon Survive:
So I was able to beat that fucking clown. We managed to kick his ass back into the other world, at which point we pretty much unanimously agreed that we had to go back. Things are just going to get infinitely worse as the other world continues to deteriorate, so we're going back to save the world. I am now officially locked into the Harmonious route for the story. We somehow managed to get separated from Miyuki during transit despite the comments that we'd all hold hands during the trip so we didn't get separated. And it turns out that during the few hours we were away, 10 days had passed in the other world. In that time Miu and Kaito's relationship got very strained. In addition, over the past few days, Miyuki, who'd been possessed by The Master, had started to attack the group with an army of very strange monsters that are definitely not normal Digimon. She has been doing this despite the fact that, again, we were with Miyuki and came back at the exact same time. Don't ask me how the fuck any of this is supposed to work.
So after driving them off and getting the faintest glimpse of Miyuki trying to break free, we have the idea to go to the amusement park and ask Jijimon if he has any knowledge about any of this. He does not. While we were there Miyuki!Master's minions attacked a bunch of the young Digimon who lived there. Miu was, naturally, very invested in making sure all of the Digimon here got out ok. A fact the minions took great advantage of in order to trick and trap her. Despite Triceramon having just evolved into Dinorexmon from Takuma's burning desire to protect his friends, it just wasn't enough to save Miu. Miu is dead. Kaito is, uhh, not taking it well, to put it lightly. Especially since this came immediately after Kaito finally started to see Miu's perspective and give her the space to act on her own, so he feels directly responsible. We're trying to help him through it, but the fact that he's agreed to some creepy deal with Haru at a weird library that just showed up near the school. So that's where we're at right now. Not the best place all things considered.

Last edited:
Dragon Ball FighterZ,people have said that this is the best Dragon Ball game yet and I have to say I'm quite impressed.Marvel vs Capcom esque,really good dialogue and continuity,the storymode is original and new not the same old thing you'd expect from your average DBZ game.Many characters to choose from although there's a lot that have to be purchased via DLC.

Digimon Survive:
So, we went to the library after Kaito, where everybody saw some freaky illusions Renamon dropped on us to try and make us lose heart. Renamon who, as it turns out, was actually taking the form of Haru this entire time, which explains a lot of things actually. When the Master showed up and saw him starting to have doubts about offering us all up in exchange for Miyuki, his fated partner, he completely pivoted away from allegiance with the Master, and when he called out to Miyuki, their hearts resonated and he evolved to his Ultimate form: Sakuyamon. Renamon agreed to properly join up with us as we all try to get Miyuki back.
Kaito, on the other hand, has just completely left. He didn't even bother pretending and just walked out while we were talking with Renamon. He's now following after Piemon after saying that he'll do anything to gain enough power to take his revenge on the ones who killed Miu. Unfortunately his definition of "The Ones Who Killed Miu" kinda includes, uhh, literally everybody. He beat the shit out of a random Numemon he found in the woods over it, even though the poor guy didn't even know what a "Miu" was. So uhh, this is gonna be bad.

Last edited:
At the endgame of Xenoblade 3 (pretty sure I am at least), so going back and doing some sidequests and making sure I'm at a good level for the final boss.

This game has been so good, probably my favorite of the 3 which is saying a lot. I've loved every moment of it, so I don't mind dragging it out a little more before I finish. Probably won't do allll the quests and stuff because I'm not a completionist, but I'll definitely come back to this one after I'm done with the story.

Digimon Survive:
In his desperation for revenge, Kaito accepted Piemon's deal of fusing Piemon with Vamdemon, creating the super-powerful BoltBoutamon, who he then turned on us before heading off to fight the Master. We gave chase the next day, guided to the Master by Renamon. Even though we were able to talk Kaito down, when he lost touch with his burning desire for revenge that fueled BoltBoutamon's existence, he lost contact with the half that was Dracmon, allowing Piemon to take control, where he just absorbed Kaito, Miyuki, and the Professor for even more power. He then went off to fight the Master himself to destroy both worlds anyway. He lost, got absorbed by the Master, we fought the Master, BoltBoutamon took control from the inside and opened the portal between worlds with Miyuki's power, and then we killed the Boltboutamised Master. Once everything was said and done though, the portal didn't close. The two worlds were forced to merge, resulting in humans and Digimon on both sides of the gate. This naturally did not go particularly well, especially for the kids who found themselves linked to a monster on the most basic level, who started facing a lot of discrimination for the connection. So, our group formed an organisation to help people, especially said kids, come to terms with the monsters and the connection a small number of people have with them. It's slow going, and Takuma's not really sure how things are going to work out in the end, but they're seeing it through one way or the other.
The final boss fucking sucked though. It wasn't too bad when it was just the Master, since you're allowed 10 whole Digimon, and the attacks, while wide in scope, aren't terribly devastating. But it becomes hell when Boltboutamon pokes his head out. Your deployable team cuts from 10 to 6, the attacks become a lot more powerful, like, 1-2 shotting your only Ultimate level Digimon, and every turn literally begins with a die roll for whether you'll be allowed to act, or just get stunned for a few turns and have to just sit there doing nothing and probably dying. In the end I know that I only won because his AI crapped out and went after everybody else before Dinorexmon, so I was able to actually dish out the hits that hurt.
Picked back up from the Chapter 8 end save to jump into the Moral ending since it was an option there. Things are pretty similar for the most part until we reach Jijimon at the amusement park. Miu is allowed to act on her idea in this timeline, creating a direct escape route that allows us to stick together and confront Miyuki. Takuma's burning desire to save Miyuki from the Master's control resonates and awakens Triceramon's Moral Ultimate form: WarGreymon, though sadly we could not save Miyuki here and were forced to retreat. Because there was no need to split up in this timeline, Miu didn't get separated and killed, but we did lose Jijimon who held off Miyuki for us to escape instead.
Chapter 10 is largely similar as its Harmonious version so far, except Kaito is much less antagonistic since he hasn't lost Miu. He still goes to the library, but it's with Aoi this time as they're following after Haru who's mysteriously reappeared while they were foraging.

Took a break from Digimon Survive and picked up MegaMan Battle Network 1 again. I completed ElecMan's stage, requiring one incident to recharge the PET's battery. I don't mind the puzzle compared to others, as I've worked out a little strategy on how to complete it. It's just one of the few puzzles in Battle Network with a timer, so that does hamper things. I deleted ElecMan (who is one of my favorite Navis) and gave Chaud and ProtoMan a good old-fashioned Hikari brothers whupping, stuffing some humble pie down their throats (though it'll take until the next game before they actually start mellowing out a bit). Afterward I tracked down the former WWW agents that Higsby told me about and faced BombMan, where he certainly lived up to his name and went out with a bang. After some exploring, collecting new chip data, fighting against Navi "ghosts", and beating up Miyu and Masa (yes, I actually beat SharkMan at his strongest level multiple times, even getting a couple of "S" Ranks, though it took a LOT of effort and a while to get his V3 chip), it was finally time to tackle WWW. Rescued Higsby and the others and began the "final exam" stages, getting a few more chips that I didn't have yet. I've only competed the "oven" and "school" final exam levels, as I'm hunting for certain viruses to get certain chip data. Oh, also, I finally streamlined my folder, now sporting a solid S-Code folder (sans one Escape chip, which is a F-Code, but that's just for a bit of insurance), which includes two SkullMan3, SharkMan2 and 3, and StoneMan3 for Navi Chips (thought the StoneMan chip is rather unreliable, as you really need to use an AreaGrab/Steal to minimize how many misses you'll get). MegaMan has 860, his Attack/Speed/Charge are 5/3/5, and he's equipped with the Heat Armor (as I'm hunting a Fire-type virus right now).

Just finished the story of Xenoblade 3. Boy was that an emotional ride. I have so many feelings.

That after-credits scene better mean Noah and Mio (and eventually the other two pairs) are reunited because I was genuinely upset about that. I cared about those three pairings way more than Shulk x Fiora or Rex x Pyra/Mythra. Really, I love the whole cast more. XB1 and XB2 had lovable casts where I didn't dislike a single party member, but this time there wasn't a single party member who I didn't love the hell out of. I want happiness for all six of them.

Melia and Nia together act exactly how I would have expected them to and I love that. The little references to their stories in the climax was great. So many lines that you won't realize the impact of if you never played through their stories. Really the game had quite a few areas that I recognized and themes I recognized.

From my understanding the worlds separate and then merge back together properly. I hope that's the case. The world of Xenoblade 3 was so cool and pretty with elements from both worlds, and I really hope the world stays that way. That and wanting the characters from the two worlds to be together again.

Also...that Rex picture. Him having kids with both Pyra and Mythra isn't that big of a shock. He said once that he saw them as the same person and they didn't really seem to fight over him at all. But it's strongly implied that he also had a kid with Nia (unless she got a new guy who just isn't in the pic, but that's definitely not what's implied). Which is...wow. I guess there are people who are fine with big open relationships like that, so good for them I guess.

It does make me feel really sad for Nia though. Not only did she outlive her lover and friends, she also outlived her kid who doesn't seem to be noted anywhere yet (still more to do with them in the postgame I hear). And it seems Dromarch is gone too. Hard to imagine Nia without him, but she does have a figure of his head on the door of her chambers. That was a nice little reference and sign that she still thinks about him. Love that Poppy's still with her though.

Melia apparently held on to Shulk's Monado from Future Connected (and made some FC references in the climax), which was cute.

Overall I know I've said it a few times but I've absolutely loved this game. I do think that while it's not required to play the first two games beforehand it is highly recommended. There's just so much that you won't get the full impact of without knowing the full story of both worlds.

Probably gonna stick with it for a while longer because I know I tend to rush through stories to avoid being spoiled and I know there's still a lot more to do. That and I don't really wanna put the game down yet.

Back
Top Bottom