• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Mega Man X4: Cleared the X run. Pretty smooth for the most part actually. I will however admit to shamelessly cheesing the Earth Sigma half of the fight with its weakness, because the difficulty there is just rancid.
Started up with Zero's run. He starts off extremely stiff to control, but once you start picking up skills he loosens up pretty quickly. Just got Sigma left to go. Hopefully that's able to go at least somewhat smoothly.

My team is finally all Lv. 70 in LeafGreen. Am going trying to catch Mewtwo plus the GameShark Pokémon event hacks.

@Lone_Garurumon What do you mean the translation was bad? I'm in the pretty early game, but I haven't seen anything weird yet.

(Don't worry about spoiling things for me, I have read almost everything here).
Mostly the same kind of clearly not proofread translations that tend to plague Bamco games, Digimon especially. Several instances of poorly constructed sentences that your brain either glosses over or gets caught up on for a few moments as you need to mentally rearrange the line into something that makes sense, character voice being kinda inconsistent at times, frequent pronoun troubles surrounding a couple characters in particular (is Labramon a boy or a girl? The game sure as hell doesn't know), and more than one instance of lines being clearly assigned to the wrong character, complete with camera transitions. And then of course there's this absolute gem in the scene of Dracmon's evolution to Perfect. It's not exactly a translation issue per se, but it's a definite canary for the overall state of the text in the game.
du7v6qxm9of91.jpg

Mega Man X4: Wrapped up Zero's story. Honestly I'm shocked, Zero has an easier time with Sigma than X does and I legitimately did not see that coming. But that's X4 done. I honestly don't know if it really was easier than the others or if it just felt smoother since I wasn't trying to marathon the entire collection at once. I do feel like I enjoyed it better than 2 or 3 though definitely. I still don't think it quite beats X1 as the best in the collection, since so many of X's weapons are just complete duds in this one, but Zero's gameplay is pretty damn fun so I'm willing to give it definite second place just for that.

...I'm gonna pretend I didn't see that pic. It's hilarious, but that's SAO game-levels bad. Or Harvest Moon bad (remember when Carter randomly spoke German in the US translation?).

This is something that should have been caught during debugging.

@Lone_Garurumon What do you mean the translation was bad? I'm in the pretty early game, but I haven't seen anything weird yet.

(Don't worry about spoiling things for me, I have read almost everything here).
Inconsistensies with gender referrals mostly.

It's pretty jarring since it's a very reading heavy game. It was not something to impact the experience but it's pretty jarring when they keep flipflopping in stuff like this.

Made my way to part 3 in my Harmony NG+ playthrough of Digimon Survive. It seems items I found while exploring didn't respawn in NG+, which cuts down the amount of time required to go through significantly.
And then of course there's this absolute gem in the scene of Dracmon's evolution to Perfect. It's not exactly a translation issue per se, but it's a definite canary for the overall state of the text in the game.
That scene was accidentally the funniest part of the game for me between that bug and the heroic music playing while we get shots of Myotismon.

I don’t have a GameShark hack yet but I caught Mewtwo and did round 2 of the Pokémon League.

Hades: Finally reached the part of the epilogue where I've got to invite all the Olympians over for dinner. Mom even said I can invite Lord Chaos over as well, though we suspect they won't be able to make it either way, so I'm waiting until I mention it to them in one of my regular visits to their realm before delivering the last invites to Lord Uncle Zeus and Ares, just to give them a fair chance to show up if they so please. Speaking of Lord Chaos, I managed to help patch up the rift between them and Nyx by strengthening their link to the House. The two of them are still going to have to put in work to rebuild their connection, but the old wounds have basically closed over by this point, so they're in a decent starting position at least. Also speaking of Lord Chaos, they finally gave the the waking phrase for the Aspect of Beowulf. I tried it out, and I'm not super good with it, executing just an absolute dogshit run, because I'm just used to the shield being so much snappier than that, that somehow managed to get somewhat deep into Elysium before finally facing my rightful death. Hopefully I'll be able to pick it up at least well enough to reach the surface.

Stardew Valley: Picked it back up, and right now I'm mainly gunning for the last two slots for The Missing Bundle, of which my options are
  • Caviar, requiring the construction of a fish pond (I'm fortunate enough to have already had a Sturgeon before the season changed, so now I just need to fish up enough seaweed for the construction)
  • A silver+ quality bottle of wine, requiring the third farmhouse upgrade, and honestly I don't even have the second, so this could take a little bit
  • 5 gold-quality ancient fruits. Not even gonna start trying for this one until next spring rolls around, given how long they take to grow and the not-insignificant requirement for number and quality demanding as much room to breathe as possible.
Honestly I feel like I know which two are gonna wind up being the ones I fill it with, but you never know, I could be surprised.

My 2DS is working but my 3DS is and am planning sometime to start a new adventure.

Downloaded the NES and SNES Nintedo Switch emulators just because I got an urge. Tried Kirby's Adventure, but nothing made me feel like it was worth spending my time on it, so I stopped after my first death.

Last edited:
Started a new HeartGold file and am aiming to complete Ring Fit Adventure requests. I’m HG,while leveling up my starter, he fainted. Am at Blackthorn City and am training my team to at least Lv. 5-10-ish.

Playing Final Fantasy XIV for the most part. Got back to it two months ago after being gone for a few years (due to rl stuff), so I've still got a lot of catching up to do. Just made it to the final main scenario quest of Heavensward a few days ago, but decided to clear a few sidequests while getting my gear ready for that final dungeon. It's been pretty fun; hope I'll enjoy the post-HW story once I get around to that.

As for other games, I'd have to say it's been a bit of Kirby's Dream Buffet and the second campaign of Doom 3: BFG Edition.

Just recently continued HeartGold. Trained my team to 10-11 and switch some so I can have a mixed types and my Mareep had Flash. I accidentally full capped her nickname but I will fix her name once I reach Goldenrod. I had my Geodude, who I named Roxanne, take on the Violet Gym.

Just Digimon Re Digitize Decode right now, currently having Digimon Survive and LA Noire on a sort of hiatus/break, getting back to them soon though.

Hades: Held the feast for the Olympians so that we could explain (kinda) the new living arrangements of the Underworld. Lord Chaos was, as predicted, unfortunately unable to properly intend, but they were able to kinda vaguely perceive and be, in a vague sense, present. The evening (day?) went incredibly well, and everybody seems relatively content with the way things are now, though Demeter would like mother to come visit on Olympus every now and then. Which, given the circumstances, feels a very reasonable compromise. Zagreus' personal life has also been rather eventful as of late. He and Thanatos are now boyfriends, and he agreed to remain just friends with Dusa, as was her request. He also seems to have really gotten the hang of that lyre in his room. He's playing actual music now instead of just strums and stuff. I also managed to claim that trophy for reaching +30% on the Pinned Butterfly (clear 15 chambers without taking damage in a single run at full upgrades), which is pretty cool.

Stardew Valley: Completed the main construction projects I was after, being the fish pond, cellar for the house, and a third shed to throw kegs into as I build more. I've thrown the first sturgeon into the pond and upgraded the capacity once, but I haven't gotten any roe from it yet. It'll shift to winter in the next few days though, so hopefully I can catch some more myself and speed up the establishing process. I also finally got around to cleaning up the layout of the farm a little bit, mostly by placing down paths to keep important areas clear. There's still a good deal of wild space that really hasn't had any need to be cut down, but that's honestly pretty beneficial since it just provides a good easy space for trees and grass to grow for resources.

Am continuing Crystal and am trying to receive the GS ball but the nurse doesn't come when I leave the Pokemon Center. I also hope there is a way like post Wiimfii for N3DS and Wii U. But anyway, I will have one rematch with my rival.

Picked up Breath of Fire 3 again after taking a few days break. Resumed with the plot. I'm now on Space Station Myria. Since the next few puzzles required Rei and Momo I had to swap out Nina and Garr for them for a while. Beat the Chimera (who was a royal pain in the neck) and now I'm entering the depths of Edan. I swapped Momo out for Nina again after completing the last puzzle she had to fulfill. Soon... we'll run into an old friend. One who's not so friendly anymore. Ryu is Level 48, Nina is Level 47, Garr is Level 41, Momo is Level 38, Rei is Level 37, and Peco is Level 30.

Back
Top Bottom