• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Better than the original in everything but music.

It has some pretty poignant moments for a Mario game.
Really? You thought the original Paper Mario had better music? Huh. I don't think I've ever heard someone say that before. Personally, since I experienced the first Paper Mario after the Thousand Year Door, I'm somewhat biased towards it and and I actually have the reverse opinion. Buuuuut......that's probably just the nostalgia talking. :p I'd say they both have excellent music though, neither one of them has bad music, not at all.

In terms of poignant moments, oh yeah. They definitely have plenty of those.
What did you think of the story of Bobbery and his wife? That part with the letter always brings me to tears. :cry:

In Pokemon Scarlet, I finally decided o buckle down and finish the objectives:
  • Fairy-type base: Done, not a problem.
  • Ghost-type Gym: Not (much of) a problem, rather fun actually, and a lower level than the Ice-type Gym
  • False Dragon Titan: Finished -- I rather like that you have to actually search for this one before it reveals itself, it's not automatic like the others. (Oh, and while exploring around the lake I caught a shiny Dondozo!)
  • Fighting-type base: Not proud of this one, the Pokemon I brought in shared some quite glaring weaknesses to the leader's off-type coverage moves, I definitely had to resort to items to pull through.

I now have my invitations for the final battles in each questline. Was a bit surprised of the level jump when battling Arven (but it proved to be a close match nonetheless), I definitely need to bring in more Sp.Attackers for his two physical tanks, and I'll be looking forward to it once my team's a few levels higher.

So upon experimenting with Koraidon's new Climb ability and noticing the peculiar way it descends slopes, and with the new Zelda game releasing this week (tomorrow!), this immediately sprang to mind while I was exploring:

Tears of the kingdom.

I seriously wish they let you rebind the controls. It's what severly reduced my combat capabilities in the last game and made thunderblight gannon unplayable.

Got my 3rd badge in my new Pokémon Black save and sorry if I rushed through the dialogue.

MegaMan Battle Network Legacy Collection (PS4) BN6 Cybeast Gregar: I'm up to the DiveMan scenario. I just got the Navi Customizer and after a bit of tweaking it's now equipped with just a compressed Undershirt. This is because of the Patch Cards, as I spent some time experimenting with them to find some good combos. Now I'm equipped with the Needler card (Attack/Speed/Charge +1, Super Armor, repair Emotion Window Bug), Twins card (+100 HP, Attack +1, 20 HP Chip Recovery, disables Buster Additions), Walla card (+60 HP, Custom +1, disables First Barrier) and SharkMan card (+180 HP, Aqua Body, Attack/Speed/Charge +2). I've also used up almost all the Item Cards (the ones I haven't used are a handful of Sub Chip ones due to having too many Full Recovery Sub Chips). I've explored all the areas I can get to (sans the next dungeon), and purchased every HP Memory up to this point. MegaMan has 660 HP, Aqua Body, 5/4/4 in Buster Stats, and has Buster MAX on.

So in Pokemon Scarlet I accidentally battled Casseopeia. By "accidentally" I mean I wasn't expecting the cutscene to initiate where it did, they were just standing in the path of where I was trying to go.

I also wasn't expecting who they were specifically (I'd actually assumed it might be someone else).

Despite being underleveled and having some poor type matchups (though not quite as bad as vs. Arven) I did well, getting down to their last Pokemon. I should have counted on them to Terastallize away their Ghost typing (i.e. can hit them with Fighting moves) and I could have definitely beaten them if I'd used a few items, but whatever. We'll get them next time. In the meantime, back to some training!

[update - Tuesday]

And by "training" I decided to go pull out all the purple stakes. How many did I find by now, 5 or 6? A quick (and very cautious) skim of Bulbapedia said there were 8 of them, and I found 3 of them just east of Mesagoza. Unfortunately there seemed to be one left, I didn't take screenshots of all of them, and I was circling over several areas already searched to no avail. Some light searching of Reddit found a nice minimal-spoiler map counting only how many stakes you can find around particular landmarks/areas, but that wasn't helping me here. Somebody else had posted more specific maps pinning specific locations on the map so I kept my glance at that quick and cursory, but that directed my attention towards Artazon and -- hey, what's that up there in plain view RIGHT BY the Pokemon Center!?

So we met one of the sealed legendaries. From the design I suspected it might be Grass and one Acid Spray confirmed this, though it only did about 1/6 damage. So I figured I'd hit it harder, y'know, with something like FLAMETHROWER, completely forgetting about Acid Spray's -2 debuff to Sp.Def. Whoops, but at least I saved before this battle! U-turn and Poison Gas weakened it and I caught it in two throws.

I hear that the classes in school do more than just tutorials, they also drop hints. But Casseopeia is blocking my way to the door (despite the objective stating "at night", they are there 24/7) so I definitely have to defeat them first.

Last edited:
Still playing Battle Network 6 Cybeast Gregar from the Battle Network Legacy Collection (PS4). I beat the DiveMan and CircusMan scenarios, which means I got my first Cross (Heat Cross) and Beast Out. Heh, thanks to the special chip downloads that the games grant I was able to use Beast Out's +30 Attack on Null Chips combined with Super Vulcan and a +10 Attack to massacre CircusMan, who has just as much plot armor as CloudMan from BN5 throughout the story. Needless to say it was very satisfying shredding that clown to ribbons (I hate enemies that hide in the backrow, especially if they have obstacles, like a certain cowardly Aqua Navi and chess piece Navi from BN3). Now we're moving onto the next scenario, which starts with the Navi Operator test that'll take up a chunk of the plot for a while. I also completed the following PAs: HyperBurst, GigaCannon2, and LifeSword. MegaMan has 700 HP, his Buster Stats are 5/4/4, and has Buster MAX on.

Back
Top Bottom