• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Did you finish your playthrough? If so, what'd you think of Paper Mario?
Not quite - I'm on Shiver Mountain at the moment? Whatever the mountain is called in the Shiver region. It's okay! It's definitely a well-designed game, and probably the best looking game I've seen on the N64, and I was really into it at the start, but my enthusiasm has kinda waned a bit as the game has gone on. I'll definitely play Thousand Year Door at some point after this.

Not quite - I'm on Shiver Mountain at the moment? Whatever the mountain is called in the Shiver region.
No, no you're second guessing yourself. You were right the first try! That mountain is indeed called Shiver Mountain.
It's okay! It's definitely a well-designed game, and probably the best looking game I've seen on the N64
Fun fact: Paper Mario was one of the last games to be developed for the N64 in the console's life cycle, on August 11, 2000 in Japan, then a year later here in the states, in September 2001. To put it in perspective, the Gamecube had already launched in Japan by then, that same month in fact. So, that's why Paper Mario is one of the best looking games from the N64-because it was one of the last.
I'll definitely play Thousand Year Door at some point after this.
If you enjoyed Paper Mario, then I HIGHLY recommend The Thousand Year Door. It's one of the finest games I've ever played, and if you ask me, it improves on the original in almost every conceivable way.

I was playing Pokémon Sword. I’ll likely play that again, in a little while. I’m getting pretty far in it.

I also played through Shield back in 2021, but took over a month to finish the main story, and an additional two and a half to complete the post game, then 9 months later, got the DLC and played it again for a while, and I stopped as I was busy with school and Pokémon Scarlet.

Defeated all the Richies and am rematching Cheren to reach Lv. 75+ in Black. Also still am aiming for Irida in Pokémon Masters EX before the Scout ends.

Outside of Pokémon, am still playing Plants Vs. Zombies (both 1 & 2) and Roblox.

So I saw that "Lies of P" had a demo release and I decided to check it out.

Having not played Bloodborne, I can't say exactly how close it is but it feels like a faster version of DS3 just without the shield. The fact that you have so much base stamina make me feel like I'm using Ultra Instinct to dodge and weave past enemy strikes and get the back hit. The setting is very interesting and I am bemused by the fact that they named the Cricket "Gemini" (pronounced with an accent to make it sound like "Jiminy") as a wink 'n nod to the Disney version.

I will say though, the tutorial aspect absolutely sucks. Presumably it's because this demo is a "vertical slice" as I believe the industry calls it, but the demo poorly explains the mechanics and sometimes the explanations are in the wrong places. For example, it only told me I need to break the stamina of certain enemies to kill them...after I already beat the mini-boss that's supposed to teach you that, which I only managed to do through sheer luck as a result (I did wonder why he wouldn't die even after his health reached zero).

Overall it looks like a fun game and I will probably pick it up, hopefully I'm not completely burnt out on Soulsgames by the time I eventually beat DS3.

This is why I'm glad I mainly stuck with the JP server. On the rare chance joseimuke games like this get an English server, they almost never last as long.
Yeah, it's a shame really, especially since the franchise has quite a big international fanbase. I've even done a cosplay of one of the characters which I'll be debuting at Hyper Japan Fest this month (the character designs are one of the things that drew me into it).

I'll probably go back the JP servers after August, even though my account got deleted.

Last edited:
Finally got Spider-Man: Miles Morales recently. Wanted to wait for it to go on sale. Pretty fun side game for the original, and makes me even more hyped for Spider-Man 2.

Also, playing the Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster. I had played through the first 4 versions on Steam, but got busy and couldn't get around to the last two. Having them on a portable system definitely helps with that. Been a while since I played this particular entry, but it's really fun, and the class system is the most in-depth in the franchise. Looking forward to the new version of VI, as it's one of my favorite games of all time.

And naturally, still playing around in Pokemon Scarlet. I've had so much fun exploring this game.

ffxiv right now, just taking care of some beast tribe quests. but that's not the exciting part. i was playing another game recently: dragon quest 11. and let me tell you: that game is amazing.

i don't know where to start. the characters are likeable, and even the most boring members of the party have some decent backstory. it's not perfect, by any means, but if i had to rate it out of 10, i'd give it a solid 9. if anyone has an itch for the classic turn-based jrpg style, you can't go wrong with DQXI. good battle style, good characters, dialogue and voice acting is great. there's always just something to do, right up until the very end of the post-game and even then the final superboss is.... whew. being at max level alone isn't enough, let me say. @_@

all in all a truly great game. i'm only saddened i missed out on the 3DS dragon quest games. while i can still technically get them, i have... no real desire to go back to playing on my 3DS so.. u_u

Last edited:
Mega Man 3 via Mega Man Legacy Collection (3DS)! And hey, I managed to beat the initial 8 stages without save states! I thank the slide feature for that, although Snake Man managed to require an E-Tank to refill my health even with his weakness on hand.

Surprised myself at really enjoying Battlefield 2042, but I didn't touch it during the launch so I guess most of the problems it was plagued by didn't actually affect me?

Other than that im in a bit of a drought when it comes to games, been tryna pick up a few older ones but they aren't really hitting the same. Im sure something in my backlog will get played though, just gotta figure out what.

I just beat Machinarium today with my mum! I had played the PC version when I was little, around the time when the game initially came out, so didn't remember much of it at all; I could've sworn there was a stage at the end where you had to defuse the bomb with Berta attached to it, but that must've been the Mandela effect because no scene like that was anywhere to be found.

It still holds up remarkably well, for being a 2009 indie game. Most of the story takes place in a barren, colourless wasteland, yet the art style manages to make everything visually appealing. And the soundtrack is phenomenal. Definitely top ten games, maybe top five. It reminds me of Fe with the point-and-click, adventure/puzzle-esque genre.

Can't wait for them to release a PS port of Botanicula, which is the other Amanita game I have fond memories of.

Dragon Ball Z Kakarot, felt like it took forever to finally complete this game but I did it. I'm currently at level 75 for Goku and somehow I managed to defeat Beerus in the Battle of Gods DLC who was at a level 100, but I didn't win without losing over and over again, those senzu beans really come in handy.

Back
Top Bottom