• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Got the Devil May Cry HD Collection,so I've been playing that and trying to figure which game I'll finish first.

Harvest Moon- More Friends of Mineral Town (I so love this game)

The Legend of Heros Trails of Cold Steel (Vita) - Out on my first field study right now. I'm at the very end of it so I'm leveling before the last boss fight. Depending on how hard it is to grind for quartz I'm going to try and unlock all the slots on the orbement too. The game is great but the ridiculously LONG load screens are putting a little bit of a hamper on my fun.

Dark Souls and Steins;Gate. Ornstein and Smough are making me wanna take a hiatus though.

Legend of Heros Trails of Cold Steel (Vita) - On the last day of the second field study. After the optional quest I'm going to level and quartz grind. I'm not really happy with the array of party members I have right now so I'm going to play around with the until I'm satisfied. Still not really far into the main story so the plot is pretty slow right now.

Super Mystery Dungeon is beat!

That final battle ... wow. It's never a good sign when (in a turn-based game) an enemy specifically marks the location they're about to attack next. Somehow, both myself and partner were able to avoid this each time (esp. since you can only give your partner a general strategy and not control their specific movements). But with ranged attacks in tow we were generally able to keep pressuring the boss, even when it flung us away to the edges of the field.

And that ending ... there's one final major spoiler in the epilogue, and I'd say it compares favorably with Explorers. (Of course one minor complaint is how you can suspend the game to go post on Miiverse about it while it's still in progress, but that's just the Internet era for you.) Reveal at your own risk --

The Tree of Life is Xerneas, of course. But that's not the spoiler.

The spoiler is, it's not you who leaves the Pokemon world by disappearing in a ball of light, it's your partner.

Turns out the partner is Mew reincarnated. In the backstory, the two of you fought off Dark Matter in ancient times but succeeded only in shattering and scattering it, thus enabling it to reform in the present day. In addition to preparing certain things like the writings in the Voidlands and the sealed spring atop Revelation Mountain, Mew took responsibility for the failure to truly defeat Dark Matter (Mew's own arrogance and negativity being part of what made Dark Matter so powerful). So Mew was flung into the future to be reincarnated as your partner, and also to summon you to the world again.

In the current time, Nuzleaf's Beeheeyem weren't entirely responsible for erasing your memories, most of it was actually Mew's doing because Mew realized they couldn't just repeat the same battle against Dark Matter all over again, they'd have to do something else to truly eliminate it. The 'something else' turned out to be accepting/forgiving it. Which sounds kind of cheesy, but there's a certain logic that negativity is a natural part of the universe when properly balanced.

Anyway, after a warm welcome back in Serene Village, you meet with your partner on the grassy hill where they explain that Xerneas appeared one more time to "wake" them -- they have their memory of being Mew back, plus just a few minutes to explain everything to you before Xerneas takes them away in a ball of light.

This certainly explains where your partner got the scarves from and why they can inexplicably read the ancient writing left behind since ancient times.

It's not quite as emotional as how Explorers ended, but it's close. And I need to give it maybe a week before diving into the postgame.

Back
Top Bottom